"Plan B" ? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

"Plan B" ?

"If the UConn is jilted by the Big 12, should they leave the AAC, rejoin the Big East?

• yes

Votes: 88 44.4%
  • no

Votes: 110 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What in the HELL are people babbling about? If anyone wants to join me in forgetting whatever they just read on this page, here's a GIF of a monkey being brushed with a toothbrush to take its place in your brain.

brushing-small-monkey-with-toothbrush.gif

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
If we drop football, or go to FCS, I will lose all interest in college sports.

Correction: I'll just root my grad school's teams (FBS).

Reaction Score
What in the HELL are people babbling about? If anyone wants to join me in forgetting whatever they just read on this page, here's a GIF of a monkey being brushed with a toothbrush to take its place in your brain.

View attachment 15178

Not to put too fine of a point on this, but I'm pretty sure that's a monkey brush.

EDIT: yep, that's a monkey brush for sure.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Ever seen where Boise, Idaho is? There isn't a city of any consequence within 300 miles. And Boise itself is the 107th ranked DMA, so no one is fighting for it. That's why Boise St. isn't getting a sniff.
yes?.... I'm not sure your point. like I said they aren't getting a sniff (for a plethora of reasons) my statement was saying that football success alone would not be the deciding factor.
Also, not only have I seen it on a map I have been there as well. It's a great place and like so many have stated in argument for UConns admission to the B12 geography should not be a reason to be left out. we have great big flying metal birds that make travel much easier.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Short term thinking if you think going to The Big East is a good call. The Big East screwed UConn and other football schools long ago when Penn St came a calling. None of this would have happened if it wasn't for the Georgetown's, St. John's and Villanova's of the world. I say stick to the plain of getting into a real conference like the Big 12, ACC, or Big 10.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
yes?.... I'm not sure your point. like I said they aren't getting a sniff (for a plethora of reasons) my statement was saying that football success alone would not be the deciding factor.
Also, not only have I seen it on a map I have been there as well. It's a great place and like so many have stated in argument for UConns admission to the B12 geography should not be a reason to be left out. we have great big flying metal birds that make travel much easier.

Where a city is doesn't matter in regards to flying there, no. Six hours is six hours. Three is three. Yeah, we get that. But where a city is in terms of its market reach matters. It matters that in the six hour diameter from Boise there are like a million people, tops. Yes, geography matters. Not for miles, for demographics.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

View attachment 15178
Is that my avatar as a little boy?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Short term thinking if you think going to The Big East is a good call. The Big East screwed UConn and other football schools long ago when Penn St came a calling. None of this would have happened if it wasn't for the Georgetown's, St. John's and Villanova's of the world. I say stick to the plain of getting into a real conference like the Big 12, ACC, or Big 10.

Syracuse, Pitt, BCU, Miami, Louisville, WVU, Rutgers and Virginia Tech screwed UConn. Are any of them in the Big East? Are we trying to get into leagues that have those schools?

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Where a city is doesn't matter in regards to flying there, no. Six hours is six hours. Three is three. Yeah, we get that. But where a city is in terms of its market reach matters. It matters that in the six hour diameter from Boise there are like a million people, tops. Yes, geography matters. Not for miles, for demographics.

that is Boise ST market penetration map

Attachments

• 0dtxkMJ.png boise.png
    0dtxkMJ.png boise.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 72

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
CpEGmm_WAAEQFSm.png

for comparison this is UConns.... they have a tremendous following not only in their market but across the entire country. it again has nothing to do with geography, physical location or otherwise. outside of football and demographic/ fan following every metric is poor for them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
67 people in the poll above have voted to stay in the AAC even if Houston and Cincinnati leave it. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
CpEGmm_WAAEQFSm.png

for comparison this is UConns.... they have a tremendous following not only in their market but across the entire country. it again has nothing to do with geography, physical location or otherwise. outside of football and demographic/ fan following every metric is poor for them.

Reaction Score
I don't know. We're all kind of Boise St fans in a way. It kind of depends on how this info is gathered. My guess is the majority of the "Boise fans" are just underdog fans and they aren't really invested in Boise St. More like, they'd like to see Boise beat FSU or UT in a major bowl because it is fun. I've never met one BSU fan in my entire life.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I believe those maps are based on Reddit user mentions for each school. I really don't put much stock into it.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
CpEGmm_WAAEQFSm.png

Great. Here is a map of the United States:
U.S_Population_Density_By_County.png

The small oasis of 50-249 people per square mile in southwest Idaho with the swaths of surrounding land where less than 10 people per square mile live? That's Boise.

I'll leave you to be the only person who thinks the 107th ranked market surrounded by three to four hours of highway in any direction before hitting a city of consequence is beneficial for the B12 to add when they are trying to get a network onto cable systems in their home team's DMAs.

Reaction Score
I believe those maps are based on Reddit user mentions for each school. I really don't put much stock into it.

Every time I just see the word Reddit, I feel stoopider. Frickin' insane asylum. :eek:

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
I don't know. We're all kind of Boise St fans in a way. It kind of depends on how this info is gathered. My guess is the majority of the "Boise fans" are just underdog fans and they aren't really invested in Boise St. More like, they'd like to see Boise beat FSU or UT in a major bowl because it is fun. I've never met one BSU fan in my entire life.

did you go to the BSU game at the rent? i met ppl that drove from Delaware to come to that game. they had a great fan turnout

Last edited:

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Great. Here is a map of the United States: View attachment 15192

The small oasis of 50-249 people per square mile in southwest Idaho with the swaths of surrounding land where less than 10 people per square mile live? That's Boise.

I'll leave you to be the only person who thinks the 107th ranked market surrounded by three to four hours of highway in any direction before hitting a city of consequence is beneficial for the B12 to add when they are trying to get a network onto cable systems in their home team's DMAs.

apparently you struggle with basic concepts like the dude, is that why he is your AVI? or are you in fact the DUDE?! again I never at any point said boise should be in the B12, not even once. What I said was, this decision will not be based on football success alone and they have a following coast to coast. again, Boise should not be in the B12.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
apparently you struggle with basic concepts like the dude, is that why he is your AVI? or are you in fact the DUDE?! again I never at any point said boise should be in the B12, not even once. What I said was, this decision will not be based on football success alone and they have a following coast to coast. again, Boise should not be in the B12.

You said they aren't sniffing an offer because they're not in fertile recruiting ground. I said they're not sniffing an offer because only tumbleweeds live in Boise and beyond. You then told me that their geography should not matter because airplanes have been invented. I went on to 'splain why their geography matters when no one lives there (something about if people don't live there, then people can't own TVs on which a cable network would be placed).

I get the concept. You think their fan base is ginormous because a couple people in Delaware using Reddit typed their school's name. I'm telling you that the one thing you find appealing about them- the apparent size of their fan base- a) (new point now) is misleading. (If you think that many people around the country really care about Boise St. football, when they have a total of 75,000 living alumni and their student population is 86% Idaho residents, I have a screen-doored submarine I'd like to sell you), and b) is irrelevant if no one lives in Boise, ID or anywhere close to surrounding it. If there are no TVs on which to put a cable network, it's awfully hard to sell subscriptions.

Granted, you never said you would select them for the Big 12, and I freely admit to taking liberties attacking such a position in previous posts, but the one thing you are vouching for them on- fan base size- is a crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom