Pitt second in the BE USA Today preseason rankings- link. | The Boneyard

Pitt second in the BE USA Today preseason rankings- link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eh, I have a bigger problem with Jeremy Lamb not being selected as one of the 10 best players in the BE. I mean, come on, really? Scoop Jardine is that much better than Jeremy Lamb?

But as we learned about preseason predictions last year:
kvcLf.gif

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Link won't work for me for some reason.

Reaction Score
Yea the exclusion of Jeremy from 2 teams is laughable

Reaction Score
It's on paper and preseason- so we all know it means nothing. I am just taking another opportunity to hate on pitt once again before midnight. Forgive me.

Reaction Score
This is different from last year's USA TODAY Preseason where we didn't make the top 25? USA TODAY has some real sharp analysts.

Reaction Score
HAHAHA this article is DOG SHIIIIT. Most people have Lamb as a preseason All American and you don't even include him on the Big East first or second team. Rick Bozich you are a moron.

Reaction Score
HAHAHA this article is DOG SHIIIIT. Most people have Lamb as a preseason All American and you don't even include him on the Big East first or second team. Rick Bozich you are a moron.

Bozich is the Louisville reporter that reported on USA Today. He's not a USA Today guy.

Reaction Score
That's why they play the games folks. Last year is a perfect example.

Reaction Score
Bozich is the Louisville reporter that reported on USA Today. He's not a USA Today guy.
Never said he is. Just that he wrote some garbage cbb preview which I know means absolutely nothing!

Reaction Score
Never said he is. Just that he wrote some garbage cbb preview which I know means absolutely nothing!

He didn't write the preview! He reported USA Today's preview for a Louisville newspaper.

Reaction Score
He didn't write the preview! He reported USA Today's preview for a Louisville newspaper.
Your right, regardless its still a horrible preview, but wont matter come March.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt Pitt will be in the hunt...but surprised to see them placed that high irrespective of whether it involves them being higher than UConn or not. Then again, Dixon has kept them going at a high level for many years now.

Reaction Score
Pitt will choke when it matters. That's one thing that will be constant year to year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't mind someone thinking Pitt will finish that highly - they have a good team. I think the author is taking it on faith that some of their younger* kids will contribute significantly. Not quite sure I see it working out completely - top 20? Sure. Top 5-10? Eh. Early March flameout? Book it.

The one thing I can't get my mind around is leaving Lamb off the conference team. UConn has two players who should be on the preseason first team - Lamb and AO. They want to put AO on the second team? Fine, I won't kill them. Want to skip Lamb? Their MacBooks should be crammed into their colon. At speed.

In any event, duck* 'em. I was unaware that the USA Today was still being printed. I took a gander at their site a sec ago and the lead story was that some chubby chick "scored 10s in the DWTS". I need their hoop opinions less than I need their reports on big girls dancing.

* "Younger" in Pitt terms means that the player doesn't have grandchildren and/or is not receiving a pension from the University of Pittsburgh.

Reaction Score
Alex s/b 1st team, and Jeremy 1st or 2nd. Alex is already proven, Jeremy I can see maybe preseason 2nd team at the very least.

Reaction Score
It seems every year writers drool over Cuse. Every year (post NC) Cuse do not amount to much. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
Hahahahaha what a joke. We should be unanimous #1 in the big east EASILY. #3 in the Big East??? Not sure if we're not 1 or 2 in the country. Not sure if these guys know anything about basketball at all.

Reaction Score
Blame it on our departed AD. Doubt he did much to schmooze any of the writers and folks around the countryside. Syracuse has always enjoyed excellent and optimistic reviews despite the team talent being less than top quality.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It seems every year writers drool over Cuse. Every year (post NC) Cuse do not amount to much. I don't get it.
Maybe it has to do with a lot of Syracuse alumni are sports broadcasters and sports writers.

Reaction Score

They haven't had a real PG since Flynn left and I think that's their biggest problem. Jardine is one of the worst decision-makers I've ever seen in college ball. Triche just isn't a PG no matter how much Jimmy B wants him to be. Until they find a real PG to run the show up there again I'm not going to put much stock in their chance to do anything impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom