Pitt cuse in talks with acc? | The Boneyard

Pitt cuse in talks with acc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I really hope that it is not true. If left behind we're headed to some awful CUSA clusterfuck.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I really hope that it is not true. If left behind we're headed to some awful CUSA clusterfreak.
Clusterfreak? That's what it substitutes?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This is so dumb. Take rutgers or Cincinnati or even Louisville

Reaction Score
If it is really all about the $$ than it would not be a wise move if UConn and RU were not included. Than you would have the entire Eastern seaboard from Miami to Boston locked up.
More fun posturing.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I don't care if this is true or not or likely or not. The bottom line is it's time for the Big East to get proactive instead of reactive about this situtation. They need to expand to at least 12 and more likely 16 footballs schools. If they don't do it, they will end up picking up scraps again. If the Big East is going to sit back and wait, UConn needs to be proactive about where they will end up. Maybe let Cuse and Pitt go to the ACC and find a way into the Big10+.

Reaction Score
I don't care if this is true or not or likely or not. The bottom line is it's time for the Big East to get proactive instead of reactive about this situtation. They need to expand to at least 12 and more likely 16 footballs schools. If they don't do it, they will end up picking up scraps again. If the Big East is going to sit back and wait, UConn needs to be proactive about where they will end up. Maybe let Cuse and Pitt go to the ACC and find a way into the Big10+.
Who do you want the Big East to add? You think UCF, ECU, and Temple are going to stop anyone from fleeing? Hell no.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me what Syracuse adds? They certainly don't have the potential of a large public school. They certainly don't have a large TV market or one that has any expansion potential whatsoever. They have a good basketball program and.........

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Saw that this morning too. I'm not sure where we'd end up but if Pitt and Cuse leave, the BE football is done. We'd have to leave too.

Reaction Score
Just because false reports of UConn talking to other conferences don't exist, doesn't mean they're not talking to anyone.

Reaction Score
Just because false reports of UConn talking to other conferences don't exist, doesn't mean they're not talking to anyone.
Agreed. I could say Pitt and Syracuse are about to join the Pac-12 which will then become the Pac-46. That's obviously baloney boot, but that doesn't mean they're staying in the Big East.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't want the big east falling apart, and i don't want uconn leaving, for a weaker acc

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn was asked and refused. I hope the BE teams litigate to prevent this. I applaud Baylor for doing that to block A&M's move.

Reaction Score
Please help me understand why Pitt and Syracuse are more desirable more than UConn?
UConn has 3 BB championships in the the last 12 years and a BCS game recently and Pitt and Syracuse have what..............?
UConn is a huge get for any conference and UConn better be out there talking to these other conferences now or get left holding the bag

I live in ACC country and I've heard rumblings that Duke does not want UCONN. A friend of mine who is a big Duke alum/booster said they really don't want Rutgers, UCONN or Syracuse, but more accepting to add Pitt and WVU. He seems to have some good insight from past discussions...FWIW

My take is that Duke Football is so irrelevant, they are focused on the impact to bball...

Reaction Score
I live in ACC country and I've heard rumblings that Duke does not want UCONN. A friend of mine who is a big Duke alum/booster said they really don't want Rutgers, UCONN or Syracuse, but more accepting to add Pitt and WVU. He seems to have some good insight from past discussions...FWIW

My take is that Duke Football is so irrelevant, they are focused on the impact to bball...

Duke doesn't have that much sway.

Duke is going to protect its bball at the expense of taking small markets over bigger ones, thereby losing cash for everyone? While Duke football stinks? I don't think so,

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
WVU in the ACC seems like a horrible fit, but they need footbal programs.

Reaction Score
I could see however, BC aligning with some others against UConn. Even Syracuse was hurt by UConn moving into football.

Reaction Score
When the Big 10 was adding Nebraska there were multiple reports about how they liked Rutgers mainly for their TV market.... Maybe its not crazy to think that the Big 10 would come in and swoop up UConn and Rutgers. Just speculation and admittedly a long shot

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I could see however, BC aligning with some others against UConn. Even Syracuse was hurt by UConn moving into football.

What do you mean by this?

Reaction Score
I think this is UConn's worst case scenario. If the B10 wanted to expand, Rutgers and Pitt made the most sense. UConn and Syracuse make most sense to ACC. If the ACC takes Syracuse and Pitt, I'm not sure B10 comes after UConn--even though, as newly noted, Rutgers as a school fell behind UConn in national rankings.

For rivalry reasons, the ACC is a better fit (especially if Syracuse is there) than the B10. But let's hurry up and get into something stable.

Reaction Score
I think this is UConn's worst case scenario. If the B10 wanted to expand, Rutgers and Pitt made the most sense. UConn and Syracuse make most sense to ACC. If the ACC takes Syracuse and Pitt, I'm not sure B10 comes after UConn--even though, as newly noted, Rutgers as a school fell behind UConn in national rankings.

For rivalry reasons, the ACC is a better fit (especially if Syracuse is there) than the B10. But let's hurry up and get into something stable.
I agree ACC is better fit just was saying the ACC may not be the only option ......Me personally being from the midwest would love UConn in the Big 10 but for rivalries and everything else the ACC is where they should end up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom