Pinstripe Bowl Thread (Bob Diaco's defense vs Rutgers) | The Boneyard

Pinstripe Bowl Thread (Bob Diaco's defense vs Rutgers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's a darn shame we aren't all at Yankee Stadium right now, at the end of the year we were a better team than Rutgers. We just needed 3 more wins.

My plan for analyzing this game:

If Rutgers can't score it's because of Bob Diaco's defense. If Rutgers puts up 50 it means Notre Dame can't win without Bob Diaco, either way Diaco looks good.

Reaction Score
It's a darn shame we aren't all at Yankee Stadium right now, at the end of the year we were a better team than Rutgers. We just needed 3 more wins.

My plan for analyzing this game:

If Rutgers can't score it's because of Bob Diaco's defense. If Rutgers puts up 50 it means Notre Dame can't win without Bob Diaco, either way Diaco looks good.
I'm rooting for the meteorite that hits at the 50 just as kickoff is happening. Field is damaged, game is cancelled and there is no winner. Flood gets to keep his job so Rutgers continues to hemorrhage recruits and ND gets nothing. ND getting nothing always makes me smile.

Reaction Score
Whoever spots Big Gay Al in the stands first gets a free beer!

Reaction Score
Playing for free too...

AAC planning to withhold Rutgers' $1.5 million Pinstripe Bowl payment

>>Rutgers suffered a potential loss even before taking the field against Notre Dame today: The American Athletic Conference is planning to withhold the school's $1.5 million Pinstripe Bowl payment as the two sides continue to be at legal odds over the Scarlet Knights' exit fee from the league, according to a person familiar with the situation.<<

Reaction Score
Playing for free too...

AAC planning to withhold Rutgers' $1.5 million Pinstripe Bowl payment

>>Rutgers suffered a potential loss even before taking the field against Notre Dame today: The American Athletic Conference is planning to withhold the school's $1.5 million Pinstripe Bowl payment as the two sides continue to be at legal odds over the Scarlet Knights' exit fee from the league, according to a person familiar with the situation.<<
I hope UConn stays neutral in this situation and pretends to not care.

Reaction Score
buggsy said:
Please direct me to your bowl game thread, so I can see how UCONN is doing.

Your team is down ten in a home bowl game to as good a .500 team you can dream of playing in a bowl, and instead of cheering your team on in its comeback attempt you are posting on a Uconn board.

Good God.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Coach Flood, the poster, just moved into genius territory with this post. Just when you think stoopid has been reached, a new level is created. Just wow...

Reaction Score
If its true the AAC is withholding your bowl money, then we are doing better than you.

Reaction Score
Same old Rutgers...find a way to keep it close and then find a way to lose. Not sure how one stays sane rooting for that train wreck of an athletic department.

Reaction Score
Your team is down ten in a home bowl game to as good a .500 team you can dream of playing in a bowl, and instead of cheering your team on in its comeback attempt you are posting on a Uconn board.

Good God.
UConn 28 Rutgers 17 that's our bowl game. We won....you lost...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Whoa, wait a minute…Rutgress lost?? But, but, but all of the New Jersey fans told me that they were going to dominate a coachless staff in front of a rockin' Yankee Stadium!?! Looks like my 2-team parlay of Rutgress winning a "big" game and the Cubs winning the World Series won't come in yet again. Bummer.

Reaction Score
Whoa, wait a minute…Rutgress lost?? But, but, but all of the New Jersey fans told me that they were going to dominate a coachless staff in front of a rockin' Yankee Stadium!?! Looks like my 2-team parlay of Rutgress winning a "big" game and the Cubs winning the World Series won't come in yet again. Bummer.
The difference between the two is the Cubs actually won a title.

Reaction Score
UConn 28 Rutgers 17 that's our bowl game. We won....you lost...

So you admit that you think of RU as your Bowl game? I knew you thought highly of us....but to say we are your bowl game? Wow. Nice praise.

We don't think much of you at all, but it's nice to know you think of us as your Bowl game. Good luck next year in the American Athletic Cesspool.

RU 22-11 all time versus little UCONN Puppies.

Reaction Score
So you admit that you think of RU as your Bowl game? I knew you thought highly of us....but to say we are your bowl game? Wow. Nice praise.

We don't think much of you at all, but it's nice to know you think of us as your Bowl game. Good luck next year in the American Athletic Cesspool.

That would be 6-6 moron. I hope your enjoyed your bowl loss today. You won't see another bowl for at least 5 years. Stoopid.

Reaction Score

When was your last BCS appearance?

Reaction Score

I do have respect for Rutgers fans for living with such a futile football program since the 1870s. Don't worry, we can catch up with you guys. Such deficits have been overcome. Yes, we are little puppies.

So cute, how can you not want us to join you in the B1G? :p We are actually a little past that stage now but are Huskies that have won big games. 17 national titles in sports that don't involve actual weapons. While you're senior citizens (I'll keep it gentle) who couldn't learn how to swing your Scarlet Knight swords. Oh wait, Rutgers did swing their way to a championship in 1949. But that's it. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom