OT: - Picture share | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Picture share

Reaction Score
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7eea.jpg

Theater in Epidavros. View from near the top.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Got to ask, what the heck is this machine and what does it do, grind coffee beans? LOL
From it's birth it's played records and quite brilliantly I might add. Next week it gets some new and expensive teeth which will be placed (not so oddly) on its fine tonearm and they'll be expertly aligned. After the cartridge/orthodontist leaves I will of course double check the setting with not a bean in sight. At my age my kidney's react poorly to caffeine anyway. A little white wine will listening to her sing though is always appropriate.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
There was a time past when the prudes of the day would censor statues like this by covering certain parts with a fig leaf. They probably could have used a three leaf clover for this one.
Except in the Vatican museum where the Cardinals had them all broken off. According to our guide the Cardinals didn't want the Vatican nuns getting ideas. Thank God Michelangelo's David is still intact.

Another missing "certain parts" story - from nearly 50 years ago. We were visiting a small fishing village (Conil) in Southern Spain. At one time it had been a Roman resort and the villa ruins were accessible to the public. There was also a small museum nearby. Outside the museum was a large statue of a Roman warrior or gladiator. One hand and a certain part of his anatomy was missing. We were inside for a while when one of the women in our group yelled out "I found it!!" All the women rushed to see. She found not just the missing hand but the other thing too. It was very large and very angry. There's not a fig leaf in the world . . . .

Reaction Score
There was a time past when the prudes of the day would censor statues like this by covering certain parts with a fig leaf. They probably could have used a three leaf clover for this one.
Hey, be careful. The next thing you might hear is a thunderbolt.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
From it's birth it's played records and quite brilliantly I might add. Next week it gets some new and expensive teeth which will be placed (not so oddly) on its fine tonearm and they'll be expertly aligned. After the cartridge/orthodontist leaves I will of course double check the setting with not a bean in sight. At my age my kidney's react poorly to caffeine anyway. A little white wine will listening to her sing though is always appropriate.
That reply merits the Alan Greenspan award!

I guess I should warn you, if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said.

Alan Greenspan
Got to ask, what the heck is this machine and what does it do, grind coffee beans? LOL. —MTHusky
In my youth they were called Victrolas.:)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You didn't work on the Rock Creek Trail bridge over Veirs Mill Road, did you? That actually gives me vertigo when I run over it. I think it's because it vibrates so much.
No, not one. I did do another one on the Bethersda Trolley trail that goes over I-270 that is similar to the one pictured.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom