Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 48 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This popped up on one of my Pandora stations, I really like it. Listened to some of their other stuff, this particularly song really stuck out above the others to me. They caught lightning in a bottle.

Here's another version of it, I think it is playing live on a rooftop. The vocals are certainly different than the studio version.

In The Valley Below - Peaches (Top Of The Tower)

Reaction Score
Once again, I've totally forgotten about someone - this time Stevie Ray Vaughn. Maybe someone else has posted a fav by him thus far, not sure. Anyone, from Texas Flood, this is the beautiful "Dirty Pool"

Reaction Score
Another oversight - America, a number of good songs, always liked "Tin Man" quite a bit:

"Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have"

"Don't Cross The River" is one my favorite America songs.

Reaction Score
Gil Scot Heron - this song "A Lovely Day" is soft, bluesy, and beautiful - probably my top favorite by him:

Reaction Score
Wandering the Yard late at night, I'm thinking that this classic isn't in this thread. If it isn't, it should be. If it is, my bad. But to be sure...

Written by Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen, who among many others have performed it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
these guys are the masters of syncopation..

I’m glad to see someone else posting Gentle Giant. They’re one of the few bands I haven’t stopped listening to in the last 40+ years.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It’s tough to pick one from the Kinks, but I’m giving it a go. In the mid-60’s, a lot of British bands were doing their best to fit into the American market. But the Kinks were always unabashedly English. Albums like Village Green Preservation Society and Arthur really stand out that way. This one, from Arthur, is downright patriotic:

Reaction Score
It’s tough to pick one from the Kinks, but I’m giving it a go. In the mid-60’s, a lot of British bands were doing their best to fit into the American market. But the Kinks were always unabashedly English. Albums like Village Green Preservation Society and Arthur really stand out that way. This one, from Arthur, is downright patriotic:

Maybe they should use this as the opening theme to the PBS Masterpiece Theatre program :D

Seriously I think the Kinks are definitely under rated. Ray Davies could write great songs.

Reaction Score
When I was a kid back in the late 60's, this folk group out of Buffalo, NY got quite a bit of airplay on local station WKBW. Always loved this song of theirs:

Reaction Score
'Brown-Eyed Woman' by Bill Medley is the BOMB! .. no wait, make that the Atomic Bomb!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Speaking of Roxy Music, here’s one from Eno soon after he left them (with Phil Manzanera on guitar). As with so many artists, it’s tough to pick one, but I listeted to about five of his albums on the drive home from Maine yesterday, and this one always stands out. It’s a paragon of beauty in simplicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom