OT: Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

The Four Tops - can't overlook them:
Thanks @Scud49. The thread you started has now been going for a month with 1156 posts. A lot of good music here and I’ve enjoyed learning of some artists I wasn’t that familiar with.
We’ve included most of the British Invasion. Here’s a fun group that was part of the early wave of the British Invasion and had a couple of big hits here.

Thanks @Scud49. The thread you started has now been going for a month with 1156 posts. A lot of good music here and I’ve enjoyed learning of some artists I wasn’t that familiar with.
We’ve included most of the British Invasion. Here’s a fun group that was part of the early wave of the British Invasion and had a couple of big hits here.
Thanks Banta, I think it's been great for all of us to re-discover, or as you said, newly discover material we may not have been familiar with. You mentioned the Brits Invasion - I don't think I have seen any from the Dave Clark Five - they certainly were part of it. I always liked "Try Too Hard" from them about as much as any tune they put out:

Stanley Clarke, one of his instrumentals really does it for me - "Quiet Afternoon:"
Stanley Clarke was one of the talented musicians in the jazz/fusion band Return to Forever, which was founded by Chick Corea.

Return To Forever – The Romantic Warrior

Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty was posted by @Slipperman. If you like Rafferty you know his other big solo hit was Right Down the Line but did you know before his solo career he had a hit in 1972 as part of Stealers Wheel ? I didn’t until I just looked for some other songs by him.

Not sure if we have posted any fav's by the Kinks - so here's one I've really liked by them, "No More Looking Back", an ode to a long gone lover, who is still hanging around in your mind:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Is it possible to be OT in an OT thread? Last night's episode of Drunk History had a very musical leaning w/ segments about Lead Belly, John Lennon/Yoko Ono, and Sam Cooke.

At this point I have no clue who and what has appeared in this 47 page thread. But there's 3 more enfluential musicians to include if they aren't already here.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield with a drum part written and added by Sina.

Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield with a drum part written and added by Sina.
Your Mike Oldfield reference reminded me of this fellow - Jean Luc Ponty, his "Gift of Time" is one very nice instrumental: