Pick a second team to root for | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pick a second team to root for

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It used to be Purdue, but since my Son became a graduate of UNLV it's been the Lady Rebels. I've always been a UNLV men's team fan since meeting Tark in 76. I was born in Lafayette, and root for Purdue against anyone except UConn and UNLV. With the new coach the Lady Rebels should be in the thick of things in the MW for a while. Coach La Rocque came over from Stanford last year after Kathy Oliver got canned and in her first year took the team to second place in the Mountain West Conference with a 13 - 5 record. She played at Stanford and was on the 2010 team that lost to UConn in the NC game. She became an assistant coach for Tara in 2017.

Reaction Score
As a person who is the managing partner of a restaurant in Syracuse who can practically walk to the Carrier Dome from my apartment-go orange!

Now-I'm also a Vandy fan. And I really want Kara to do well at Duke.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Notre Dame: I watched a few games last year, and some of their young players show potential. I will follow them and see how they develop.

Reaction Score
My undergrad school is the University of Pennsylvania, but they don’t play at UConn’s level.

I hate to admit this here, but one of my friends is a Volunteer, so I will root for the Lady Vols if they are not playing UConn.

Reaction Score
Marquette (except vs. UConn)--love coach Megan Duffy--ND should have hired her instead of Ivey. May still happen if Notre Dame does not show major improvement this upcoming season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love the style of DePaul ball so I always route for them when they aren't playing UConn.

I see everyone talking about Vandy but don't forget about Wisconsin where Marisa and Doty are now. I'll be routing for both of them too.
Marquette (except vs. UConn)--love Megan Duffy, Savvy Jack should have hired her instead of Ivey. May still happen if Notre Dame does not show major improvement this upcoming season.
see: 7:30--8:44

I see everyone talking bout WI and Vandy but get no love for Princeton

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It varies. I liked Penn State when Maggie Lucas and Alex Bentley were playing. The Texas teams with McCarty, and Atkins. Still love Atkins, she's tearing it up for the Mystics. The Washington teams with Plum and Osahor. I loved the Mississippi State teams with Vivians and McCowan. Marquette when Heideman was there. I'm still loving watching her, too. I haven't been especially captivated by anyone in the last couple of years. So, by default I like DePaul and Geno's buddy, who's one of the most entertaining coaches to watch and always fields enjoyable teams.

And of course, whoever was playing Baylor.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
NC State but it is hard to watch them due to my streaming provider, so I only get to see games on ACCN and other ESPN sources.
And whoever is playing the Golden Domers, South Carolina, MD and now, LSU.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
USF Bulls.

We have season tickets again for the up and coming season. Really enjoy Jose and his international contingent. And its only a hour and 15 minutes from the house.

Reaction Score
Utah Utes! Someone's got to love the Pac12's WBB prey. C'mon Coach Roberts! Beyond time to show some consistency and do something with one of the newest, shiniest, finest collegiate BB facilities in the land!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Vandy, Wisconsin, Princeton, and really any school that has a former UCONN player as an asst or coach.

Also Depaul, USF, and maybe a few others i can't recall off the top of my head - but any school that has a coach that Geno likes.

Aside from that, Duke, but only the women. Still can't stand the men. And it's only because my good friend @CamrnCrz1974 is a Duke alum and turned me from a hater.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac University! Second best Women's Basketball Team in Connecticut. Besides I'm a Quinnipiac graduate and I also worked there 29 years.
3rd. After the Sun and UConn. :D

Reaction Score
I root for lots of other teams. You know, whoever is playing South Carolina, Stanford, Maryland, Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, NC State etc., namely anyone facing a top ranked team that could potentially be a threat to our seeding.

As for teams I root for more consistently, then UCF and South Florida since I live in Florida most of the year, and the Aces in the WNBA since I spend a few months each year in the Vegas area.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Iowa State: Great people, great basketball, great BBQ.
Great BBQ? - Just curious. As you may or may not know, Rutgers first NCAA tourney appearance of the CVS era was 1998 in Ames, where we defeated Iowa State. Vivian had only left Iowa a few years earlier, so I will agree that fans were generally nice, saying nice things about CVS in particular. They were very into it, and very disappointed with the outcome.

We happened to stay at the Holiday Inn which turned out to be where Rutgers was as well. Rode the "outside" elevator down with a Rutgers staffer on board and he pointed out the "Bull Semen Institute" located across the way. Different experience for us NJ folks (at the time).

Reaction Score
Three:
Rutgers—-Big Viv fan. All that is right with the game.
Vanderbilt—-obvious reasons.
St. John’s—remembering Lou Carnesecca- big fan from the old Big East.

Reaction Score
Villanova: I had UConn season tickets for a long time, but moved to PA a few years ago. Had a choice of the Patriot League (Lafayette, Lehigh) or the Big East (Villanova) - easy choice even though I graduated from Lafayette with a BSEE degree. Not only will I get to see UConn in person this year, I will be at the home games for one of the best players in the country, Maddy Siegrist (yes, I am well aware of the exploits of Paige, Christyn, Olivia. Evina, Aaliyah, et al). Maddy reminds me of Kelly Faris although one who can really shoot (22.8 pts/gm last year). Go UConn!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom