Phoenix Mercury @ Seattle Storm - 9/04/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Phoenix Mercury @ Seattle Storm - 9/04/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow..incredible game and series. Epic finishes and one of the most entertaining series ever.

Have to feel for Phoenix, they worked their butts off with a short roster all 5 games. Just came up short in the end. Was very impressed with great efforts by their big 3 for most of the series.

Bird just won that 4th quarter. Have never seen her lose her cool like that and then she just went into a different gear. Didn’t crack a smile until the game was over. Pretty epic performance, she just took over.

That said, DT and Bird both should’ve been T’d up. DT at the end was caught on TV saying “” to the male ref. She did not get any star treatment tonight, so understandable why she’d be so upset.

Bird absolutely lost her cool and it appears nothing significant happened. She definitely should’ve been t’d up...she tripped January and flipped out at the refs. Can’t blame Diana for being mad that she wasnt T’d up. Did anyone see anything malicious from that loose ball?

Mystics vs Storm should be a good series even if Storm are the obvious favorite. EDD vs Stewie will be a great matchup, as will Howard/Pringle. I think Washington has to steal game one or two to have a shot.

The 13-1 record by DT is remarkable. Amazed that Phoenix got so close to winning after going down 0-2. Next year they add in a high pick too. They should be one of the top 2-3 teams in the league with their Big 3.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Best moment in the game was Diana Taurasi complaining to the officials that her good friend and Kim Perrot Award winner Sue Bird should have been T'd up.

Good no call in that situation. Emotions running high, it's Game 5. I give Maj Forsberg credit and I generally think she's terrible.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Two fantastic points in the post game interviews of Sue Bird

1) I really wanted to nurture (love that word) Breanna Stewart
2) Breanna Stewart told me that I need to get more of my legs into the 3 pt shot after the 3Q.

So really, do the coaches on Seattle do anything? ;);)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stewie didn't come out of the game at all?

MVP. She played like one.

Yes. By the way, just checked. BG played all 40 minutes as well. Had strong first half but I think faded in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Two very entertaining games with Mystics over Dream and Seattle over PHX!
Big names came through but role players really stepped up in both games!
Hopefully Washington and Seattle can rest & recover before Friday's opening game.
Two teams that no-one would have picked in March to make the finals, did! Outstanding!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Two fantastic points in the post game interviews of Sue Bird

1) I really wanted to nurture (love that word) Breanna Stewart
2) Breanna Stewart told me that I need to get more of my legs into the 3 pt shot after the 3Q.

So really, do the coaches on Seattle do anything? ;);)
For Sue, Stewie, DT and all the UConn alums in the WNBA, there is always one coach who’s voice is constantly ringing in their heads, the little Italian guy.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
1920px-Hausziege_04.jpg

Is this goat's name Sue Bird? It should be today!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom