Phil nolan commits | The Boneyard

Phil nolan commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WOW. Great news i guess if true. he was mentioned a few weeks back i think...

ESPN profile

I admit i don't follow recruiting nearly as much as some on this board - mainly cuz it's so fluid and hard to keep track of who we're after and how quickly it changes. but the kid is 6'10" and listed as a forward/center.

Per ESPN, he was being recruited by Clemson, Marquette, Memphis, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Oregon. no mention of UCONN. of course that doesn't mean anything.

This is from a CBS notebook write-up from July, 2011...

Phillip Nolan has seen his stock drop somewhat over the past year, but he entered the summer with a chip on his shoulder.

“I want to show people I still got it,” Nolan said. “I’m at least top 50, maybe top 30.”

Nolan, a 6-foot-10 Milwaukee native who plays at St. Benedict’s Prep (N.J.), is a long and athletic forward. He runs the floor like a gazelle and has extended his game to include 3-point shooting. The lefty is a good shot-blocker and can put the ball on the floor.

“I want a place to help me improve my game, but I also want to play my first year,” he said. “Basically, a place that’s willing to work with me.”

Good comments LOL. he certainly can earn PT his first year for sure... and will certainly make fans feel better about the team as a whole next year. it seems like a great fit - a tall, raw but athletic kid who is going to need some time to develop. We have a pretty good track record with those kind of kids - just ask Hilton Armstrong...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i posted about him a couple weeks ago in a thread. its all potential but a big body that can fill time for now. he was starting to blow up. this will really piss buzz off. he had a sleeper for a while but couldn't keep.

edit: he recently landed az and baylor offers also, good get for us to fill time and develope. its not going to chage next year much, but it helps no doubt. i think 1 more big if possible would be great like the nolan/hayes type. then i'm willing to go to war with the 10 we would have.

Reaction Score
Awesome. We got a commit from a player from St. Benedict's which I believe hasn't been done before (came close with Samardo Samuels and Corey Stokes I believe). Hopefully the pipeline keeps going ...

Reaction Score
Welcome Phil! Looking foreword to seeing you develop in a UCONN jersey!

Reaction Score
"was it over when the german's bombed pearl harbor?"

Great news! Welcome aboard Phil

Reaction Score
feels good to come here and read something positive about the prorgram, welcome aboard.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm thrilled. Methinks it's been about 280 days since someone committed to play bball for UConn.

Edit- whoops forgot RJ Evans. I should say since a HS player committed.

Reaction Score
good pickup... Like him more than the Hayes kid. Had some Academic concerns hopefully those r cleared up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So we picked up someone to fill the hole left by Bradley?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Definitely a *GN thread.

Welcome aboard!...

Reaction Score
Phillip Nolan!

This is pretty exciting. I don't know how good he will be, but he is 6'-10" (although only 200 pounds...Khalid El-Amin weighed more than him).

Apparently the 30th ranked PF of the class of 2012.

Reaction Score
This kid should be at least as good as Bradley with a higher ceiling

Reaction Score
Wow...apparently I was really late to this, and can't figure out how to delete it.

I'll fill in the jokes: Caesar stabbed! World not flat! Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Finally some good news!

Welcome aboard!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Now back to your regularly scheduled program: "UConn Basketball, Zero-to-Doomed in Under 60 ... Seconds ... Gears ... Dig It"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom