OT: - PGA Championship This Week | The Boneyard

OT: PGA Championship This Week

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So who do you have from the favorites (say 50/1 or better) and your longshot?

He's the betting favorite, so not really going out on a limb, but I have Koepka. Injuries seem to be healed and he played really well this last week. He's a monster in majors. I say he takes down number 5 on Sunday.

Longshot: Kuchar (90/1) always seems to be near the top of the leaderboard in these, but never really gets over the top. Phil (85/1) is just too old though he did play well last week. I'll go with Ryan Palmer at 200/1.

Odds to win PGA Championship: Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

Reaction Score
Tiger has played just one competitive round since the restart. That was three weeks ago and he finished 40th. He's got no chance.

and brooks Koepka was WGC rank 155 until this week.

Your point?

Reaction Score
What's the course like? I don't think I've ever seen an event from there....has anyone played it? Does it favor any particular type of player?

Reaction Score

Your point?

If the question is Brooks or Tiger I'll take Brooks here every day and twice on Sunday. TPC Harding will play closer in style to Bethpage and Firestone (and no, Tiger wouldn't win at Firestone with present day competition and his condition)

Brooks is trending in the right direction and is back/back defending champ.

Tiger hasn't played much and this golf course isn't suited for his current game.

Long, narrow fairways with tall rough and small greens. This is a bomber's course. Plus the forecast is in the 50s and 60s. Tiger's back doesn't do too well in the cooler temps, as he's said himself.
Tiger can win these days when the golf courses allow for strategic play and creativity around the greens.

Now, with no fans it gets interesting. Do you think Collin Morikawa sinks his playoff putt to extend against JT at Workday if fans are going ape****? Prob not!

So I think the winner's pool is deeper than ever before. I still like Brooks, Rory and Rahm to place well.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Your point?
Brooks has played 6 tournaments since the restart, obviously with mixed results, but finished T2 last week in a loaded field. He's had knee issues which are said to be resolved. He was definitely getting dialed in and was just a couple of leaked drives from a possible win.

I don't think you can look at Tiger and Brooks and not see that Brooks is far more on top of his game right now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
West coast course and Poa annua greens. Going all west coast golfers this week.

Cantlay
Morikawa
Schauffele
Mickelson

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Justin Thomas, tough winning back to back but he's peaked right now and if he can stay dialed in i like his chances. No way for tiger, not here and always Brooks.

Reaction Score
Tiger has played just one competitive round since the restart. That was three weeks ago and he finished 40th. He's got no chance.

Haha, Tiger at his best right now is still better than anyone on the planet. He’s got a chance every time he tees it up

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
What's the course like? I don't think I've ever seen an event from there....has anyone played it? Does it favor any particular type of player?

I played it at the end of February. I remember thinking that it was a nice looking course but I would expect pros to eat it up. We were allowed to play from the back tees, the fairways were already narrowed and the rough was thick. I went 44/47 for a 91. Par’d 1 out of the gate and proceeded to act like a bad ass the rest of the day. :) For reference, I shot a 91at Wethersfield Country a Club on Thursday so I’m no pro.

Reaction Score
Huh?

Tiger is the best player in the world still regardless of world rank. He’s still more skilled/talented currently than any golfer out there and all time, he’s just gotta stay healthy. I would never say he has no chance to win, that’s just silly.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Tiger is the best player in the world still regardless of world rank. He’s still more skilled/talented currently than any golfer out there and all time, he’s just gotta stay healthy. I would never say he has no chance to win, that’s just silly.
We're going to have to agree to disagree. There are 141 players driving the ball longer than he is now. 158 players with better accuracy driving the ball. 184 players hit more greens in regulation. Most importantly, he no longer putts like he used to.

When he is in form and playing a course he knows and doesn't have to dominate in distance, he has chances to win. He is currently not in form, hasn't played enough. His shorter less accurate drives into deep rough will wreck him this week. If his back can even hold up.

He's not the same Tiger. There are at least 10 players, maybe 20 on their best day that beat Tiger on his best day.

Reaction Score
We're going to have to agree to disagree. There are 141 players driving the ball longer than he is now. 158 players with better accuracy driving the ball. 184 players hit more greens in regulation. Most importantly, he no longer putts like he used to.

When he is in form and playing a course he knows and doesn't have to dominate in distance, he has chances to win. He is currently not in form, hasn't played enough. His shorter less accurate drives into deep rough will wreck him this week. If his back can even hold up.

He's not the same Tiger. There are at least 10 players, maybe 20 on their best day that beat Tiger on his best day.

Only thing I agree on is that he may not be in form and hasn't played much. Those stats can be thrown out of the window since he has hardly played, only 4 events in 2020, and he's the best at figuring out how to win.

Nobody will ever match what he did, but his skill/talent hasn’t left, just his body has changed. Him with a fused back playing at the best of his ability is still going to beat any player in the world at their best. 10-20 players, that made me laugh out loud.

I'm not saying this as like a diehard Tiger fan, he's not my favorite. I played this game in college and professionally for 3 years, and am friends with a few guys out there. Any tour player that is in the tournament is good enough to win and saying otherwise is silly is all I am saying, especially Tiger Woods. Never count out the GOAT.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It’s going to be relatively cool doubt tiger does well. It’ll likely be a bomber who wins this week

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom