OT: - PGA Championship This Week | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: PGA Championship This Week

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Thursday afternoon looks very windy right now. If you have action, maybe stick to golfers in the early Thurs/late Fri wave.
Don’t play the game but reside not far from the course. The wind is always fun this time of year, there’s a stiff 20 knot on shore breeze from 14:00 on, and recently it has kept up throughout the night. Last few days were some of the worst (typical) August weather, foggy cool mornings followed windy and foggy cold afternoons. (Pro tip, visit Baghdad By The Bay in October, you won't need the parka.)

Reaction Score
Bryson is playing faster this year and he has ditched the silly long putter.

And yet I still don't like him.
Trying to get a dangerous animal drop for claiming you saw a fire ant while your ball is perched up on a bundle of sticks will do that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Trying to get a dangerous animal drop for claiming you saw a fire ant while your ball is perched up on a bundle of sticks will do that.

I won't fault him for that. His ball was in jail between some sticks.

And as a golfer who got tore up by fire ants about 15 years on the course, it ain't no joke.

Reaction Score
If tiger is still there come the weekend who know's, but his glory days and intimidation are gone. Going with the young guys and picking JT. Love watching the majors and how the drama unfolds on Sunday.

And the intimidation, if there were any on the weekend, even lessens due to no crowds. Some of his intimidation was also the noise of an obvious Tiger birdie, great shot or run echoing across the course. Plus it always pumped Tiger up now he needs to create that himself. He can win still but this course may not be the best venue for that.

Tony Finau finally closes!

Reaction Score
I don't know mau, Tony has been there the last couple of weeks and slides on the weekend. Needs to close one of these weeks.

Reaction Score
I don't know mau, Tony has been there the last couple of weeks and slides on the weekend. Needs to close one of these weeks.

Oh yeah as you can see by my comment, finally closing. He's too good not to get one, he's playing well and he's long so Harding fits. I wouldn't bet on my pick LOL, but that's who I'm going with 34!

Reaction Score
Normally for the majors you can watch the feature groups through their app or on the web. But not this tournament.You need an ESPN+ subscription to watch.

Reaction Score
Normally for the majors you can watch the feature groups through their app or on the web. But not this tournament.You need an ESPN+ subscription to watch.

Thanks I was going to ask. Looks like best is 4pm then? That blows especially with Tiger, Rory and JT in one of the early groups.

Reaction Score
Against my better judgement I gave ESPN the 4.99. Besides feature group coverage they actually are showing full round coverage which started at 10. Also same thing tomorrow. Without it you are correct ESPN coverage starts at 4. As soon as this is over I’m canceling.

Reaction Score
We're going to have to agree to disagree. There are 141 players driving the ball longer than he is now. 158 players with better accuracy driving the ball. 184 players hit more greens in regulation. Most importantly, he no longer putts like he used to.

When he is in form and playing a course he knows and doesn't have to dominate in distance, he has chances to win. He is currently not in form, hasn't played enough. His shorter less accurate drives into deep rough will wreck him this week. If his back can even hold up.

He's not the same Tiger. There are at least 10 players, maybe 20 on their best day that beat Tiger on his best day.
There is no current player who beats tiger on his best day. You don’t have to like him, but to make the statement you just made screams you have absolutely no understanding of the game of golf or the relative abilities of current professional golfers!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
There is no current player who beats tiger on his best day. You don’t have to like him, but to make the statement you just made screams you have absolutely no understanding of the game of golf or the relative abilities of current professional golfers!
Wow - so hostile! For the record, I'm a huge Tiger fan and would love to see him return to form and be competing at the highest level. You can go dig through the posts - I did say during the Masters that for the first time in a long time, he looked like he could win. But I don't see it this week. Love to be wrong.

And I'm not sure how stats showing that he's nowhere near the top players right now shows that I know nothing about the game or current pros, but whatever.

Reaction Score
Tiger: walking looked smooth (first thing you have to look for with the weather and this stage of his career & iteration of his back). Iron tempo is a thing of beauty. I could watch him hit 90% 7 irons all day. I do hope he's around for the weekend.

Course/greens was in fine condition, guys were still pouring in long puts late in the day.

ESPN coverage was miles ahead of anything CBS has put out in years. I'd pay more than $5 for 4 straight days of 12 hour coverage. Broadcast + 2 featured groups? Let's go

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Anyone who answers "Tiger" is clearly a fish and doesn't follow golf. It's 2020.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I actually risked 250 to win 50 that Tiger wins zero majors this year. Free money.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
They are afraid to pair them, but that would be fantastic if they end up together. I'd like to see Koepka rip Bryson's head off.
It would be a good fight at this point. Bryson could just kick Brooks in the knee, and with his extra weight/muscle, he could easily put up a good fight.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I went heavy in my lineups with Berger and Morikawa. Harris English would be my longshot sleeper.

For a fave I liked JT. Day has been playing very well lately, but he's no fave anymore - more like a middle-tier.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
There are many golfers nowadays who beat him on his best day. It's 2020.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well I don't think any of us had Li as the leader after two rounds. But you have to be looking at Day, Fleetwood, Koepka and Rose as the favorites. Can't count out Berger and Cameron for sure.

If someone going out early can take advantage of the conditions and throw a 63 or 64 on the board, they could be in the running on Sunday.

If Woods could have putted like he did yesterday, we would be a threat - probably too far back unless he goes stupid low tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom