OT: - PGA at Kiawah | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: PGA at Kiawah

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, TV viewing yesterday was an unmitigated disaster for me yesterday.

Was able to watch for a few hours and saw the leaders get through first six holes.

Had to go to a neighbor's house for an afternoon birthday party and golf wasn't going to be on TV. No problem. I recorded the last 4 hours and avoided the cell phone. Came home to watch it on tape delay and somehow the TV went straight to live and my first 3 seconds was them announcing PHil as the winner and handing him the trophy. Killed the mood. Now I decided to watch even though I knew the results. I was watching them make the turn on to 10 when power tripped at my house and killed the internet. I rebooted and You Tube TV wouldn't let me watch the replay even though I recorded it. I think it was because the replay was on CBSSN but I really don't know. After about 45 minutes of trying to get the replay to work on either You Tube TV or on the CBS Sports App so I could fast forward to where I was at on the broadcast I gave up.

Good for Phil. I'll try and watch back 9 tonight.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It's the Carnoustie of the USA.

Of course the downside to links-like courses is that if there's no wind at play, pros will have field day if they're accurate at all (see Ancer's -7 yesterday morning before the wind kicked up). Dye's design makes Kiawah somewhat more difficult than a typical links course, but still, you need that wind to really make it interesting. To the main point though, I think many of us are sick of the overly manicured carpets that make up most US tour stops.

Yeah, I just think the tour needs to find more courses that offer eye candy to the viewer experience. I realize its a tough balance because the tour wants to; i) hit all the major markets, ii) find tournament sponsors who carry so much of the workload and of course the prize money, iii) find courses that are willing to be sacrificed for a tour event not only means the locals lose playing time for all the weeks of prep, they also see their course trampled by thousands which really chews up the clubhouse and side areas and iv) communities willing to host. Lots of towns would just say no even if the course said yes.

Anyway- they need to find more eye candy and less John Deere events.

Reaction Score
01_Victoria_Falls_GC-646-x-220-pixels.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom