OT: - PGA at Kiawah | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: PGA at Kiawah

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That missed short birdie putt on 13 might hurt Phil more than the double bogey. He's looking a bit dejected heading to 14 and the teeth of this monster.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Somehow Phil still leads. Him and Koepka in final pairing. Should be fun.

Neither Koepka nor Louie could putt for squat on back nine, leaving everything short. Phil lipped out his two misses inside 10 feet, so he's reading the distance much better. Could be a big advantage tomorrow.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
After Phil went to -10, I was going to see about Crow recipes. But things started to realign. I don't see Phil out toughing Brooks tomorrow.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
The rabid bobcat would worry me way more than a rabid fox.

And yes, you can You Tube a bobcat taking down an infant allgator in someone's back yard. Not overly impressive as bass and other fish have no problem taking out gators up to 2' long. There's all videos of full grown gators enjoying a bobcat appetizer.

But, this is impressive footage of the bobcat just clowning a rattlesnake.

Rikki Tikki Tavi vibes.

Let’s go Phil!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
After Phil went to -10, I was going to see about Crow recipes. But things started to realign. I don't see Phil out toughing Brooks tomorrow.
It'll certainly be interesting as about half the holes favor Phil and half Brooks due to their ball flights and wind.

Wind wasn't a big factor on back nine today, could be tomorrow.

That only two guys got to -4 today should mean there won't be any surprises unless both Phil and Brooks blow up.

Reaction Score
Phil needs to walk slowly and breathe deeply and not do anything crazy or Brooks will just kill him with consistency and pars.

Looking forward to the back nine.

Phil not chewing gum any more..

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Phil needs to walk slowly and breathe deeply and not do anything crazy or Brooks will just kill him with consistency and pars.

Looking forward to the back nine.

Phil not chewing gum any more..
If Brooks gets his putting figured out, it won't be much of a fight. He left at least 4 strokes on the course with his inability to figure out speed. Phil was pretty much on.

Reaction Score
Phil's trajectory and spin control on his irons has been spot on so far.
He lost it around #9, according to Dottie. I concur. He gave a few back, and missed some good chances. His short irons didn’t work a few times on the way in.
Brooks and Phil in final group… who psyches out who? I still think Louie has a chance if he finds his putter.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Unless I am reading this incorrectly out of the top-12 right now only four players have shot a round in the 60's, no one has two rounds in the 60's, highest round has been a 73 and the lowest was a 67.

What's the mean? Heck if I know.

I does seem to indicate no one is shooting a 65 and coming from 4-5 strokes back.

Galleries will be huge pulling for Phil. Will be interesting if that helps him stay focused or if he gets too amped up for the crowd.

From the top 3 I'll go with Louis and for someone coming from further back I'll go with the mad scientist, Bryson.

1621780094218.png

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Your boy AA is making a run, -4 thru 8 holes. He keeps this up, he's in top 10.

There's really no pressure on anyone outside the top 4. If someone at -1 or -2 can muster a 67, could be interesting. Personally, I think Niemann has a better shot at that than Bryson.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Your boy AA is making a run, -4 thru 8 holes. He keeps this up, he's in top 10.

There's really no pressure on anyone outside the top 4. If someone at -1 or -2 can muster a 67, could be interesting. Personally, I think Niemann has a better shot at that than Bryson.

I was thinking about Niemann but you and a few others already had him on your list.

I really don't think Bryson has a chance but he looked all sorts of out of whack to start the round yesterday and figured it out in the middle of his round. He shoots a 69 and gets in the clubhouse at -5, it puts pressure on those remaining on the course.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I said a few weeks ago I liked Ancer and I'll stick with him.

Is Ancer long enough? 7800+ yds. Longest in major history. His ball striking is elite but his short game, specifically his putting really holds him back. I like him a lot and am pulling for him to break through soon, but he always falls short because of the putting. Not sure this is the setup for him.

Ancer just threw up a 65 when no one else has done better than 67 in any round. Benign conditions or not, he's got the lowest round of the tourney, so I think we can now all say he's a threat anywhere.

Reaction Score
haha, what a bunker shot and Brooks misses another birdie.

Reaction Score
Streelman sitting in a great position with no pressure on him, could be interesting.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
In other news, Zalatoris is playing in only his 3rd major. So far he's got a 6th place (US Open), 2nd place (Masters) and what's looking like a top 10 at this one. Kid looking like he might out Koepka Koepka when it comes to focusing on majors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom