2021 Recruiting: - PG Tyrese Hunter offered | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: PG Tyrese Hunter offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have Coached against this kid since he was in sixth grade. Played for Caron butler AAU team till freshman or sophomore year. Have heard he’s a great kid. He’s a 6’1 down hill guard. Not really a point. Kinda of like Dyson but better IQ.

How is his shooting? Looks fine, but the highlights are limited obviously

Reaction Score
so Hunter cut A&M, Minnesota, Creighton, and Louisville among others. that's most of the midwest schools close to home which is great.

as i said before, he'd be competing with the guys below for the starting PG role for at least 2-3 years, whereas at UConn in 2021 Cole will be a senior and Gaffney can play CG. Should feel good about making his top ~5 if that's what's next. Really need to put the full court press on him now though

- UConn
- AZ State (signed 2020 junior transfer *Luther Muhammed- sit out)
- Florida
- Texas Tech (signed 2020 junior transfer *Mac McClung- sit out)
- Miami
- Georgia (signed 2020 freshman KD Johnson)
- Georgia Tech
- Iowa State
- Virginia Tech

- Marquette (signed 2020 sophomore transfer DJ Carton- immediately eligible)

*hopefully Muhammed and McClung don't get waivers otherwise 2021 would be their last year

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In terms of what he is looking for to get his list down to five, Hunter said, “Style of play and relationship with the head coach are going to be two big things. Also, I am looking for a place that fits me and where I will have the opportunity to make a big impact as a freshman.”

Reaction Score
Announcing today it’s Iowa St.

That's too bad. We did pretty well with a Racine guy before. And Burnsbros23 believes he would have fit well with Gaffney as he's not really a point guard. I know Diggins may have been the key to this decision but...........

Guess I'm greedy for a pair of confident leaders who defend , handle the ball well and can lead the team and score. I know Diggins may pair well with Gaffney, but they'll only be able to win two NC's together.............

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's too bad. We did pretty well with a Racine guy before. And Burnsbros23 believes he would have fit well with Gaffney as he's not really a point guard. I know Diggins may have been the key to this decision but...........

Guess I'm greedy for a pair of confident leaders who defend , handle the ball well and can lead the team and score. I know Diggins may pair well with Gaffney, but they'll only be able to win two NC's together.............
There was really no room for him after Diggins committed. We’ll have Cole, Gaffney, and Diggins as point guards in 2021-2022, although obviously two of those three will be able to co-exist in the court. Plus, Andre Jackson is a capable passer and ballhandler for a wing. I wish Hunter the best, but he just wouldn’t make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom