PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Hearing Ollie is making a push for 16 since Diallo is staying in 17.
He was originally '16 but went to '17 to have more time to grow. But he's seen his stock rise recently so this is definitely possible.

Reaction Score
Storrs CT

images

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
True story: I go to school in Boston and this past Wednesday I was wearing a UConn sweatshirt in a restaurant by campus and the lady working there noticed what I was wearing and said her son visited UConn "this past weekend" with the family and she said him and the whole family loved it. She said he is highest on UConn and BC right now but that Kevin Ollie made a great impression on the family and that he is "an amazing coach". We chatted a little bit and I assumed he was just someone we were showing interest in (judging by him being high on BC as well which is uncommon for guys we target) but when I was leaving I asked for his name and she said Makai.

Now that Im reading this thread its become clear to me MAL is the son she was referring to and that they were at UConn for First Night this past weekend. She seemed really impressed by the program and made it seem like her son was chasing UConn, not the other way around due to the way she phrased the following: "I keep telling him, work hard, work hard and they will want you and you can get a full scholarship and a free education".

She also mentioned that her family is very close to Shabazz's and that they have known each other for a long time being close to Roxbury and such. This bodes well for us as the neighborhoods in Boston like Dorchester and Roxbury are big on UConn and multiple people have stopped me while wearing UConn gear to say something like "Bazz!" out of the blue.

Take this for what its worth but I think if Ollie stays on this kid he will be a Husky.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
True story: I go to school in Boston and this past Wednesday I was wearing a UConn sweatshirt in a restaurant by campus and the lady working there noticed what I was wearing and said her son visited UConn "this past weekend" with the family and she said him and the whole family loved it. She said he is highest on UConn and BC right now but that Kevin Ollie made a great impression on the family and that he is "an amazing coach". We chatted a little bit and I assumed he was just someone we were showing interest in (judging by him being high on BC as well which is uncommon for guys we target) but when I was leaving I asked for his name and she said Makai.

Now that Im reading this thread its become clear to me MAL is the son she was referring to and that they were at UConn for First Night this past weekend. She seemed really impressed by the program and made it seem like her son was chasing UConn, not the other way around due to the way she phrased the following: "I keep telling him, work hard, work hard and they will want you and you can get a full scholarship and a free education".

She also mentioned that her family is very close to Shabazz's and that they have known each other for a long time being close to Roxbury and such. This bodes well for us as the tougher neighborhoods in Boston like Dorchester and Roxbury are big on UConn and multiple people have stopped me while wearing UConn gear to say something like "Bazz!" out of the blue.

Take this for what its worth but I think if Ollie stays on this kid he will be a Husky.

This is awesome to hear. Regardless of whether or not movement is imminent, Makai is a kid I would love to see wearing Husky blue.

Reaction Score
Kid is all about UConn and we are his dream school, he wants to team up with his buddy Jalen again.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Kid is all about UConn and we are his dream school, he wants to team up with his buddy Jalen again.
And hopefully reclass to '16 (his original class). Would give us that extra guard for next year.

Reaction Score
These were the quotes from MAL's AAU coach from Friday, seems clear that they want him and its not one of those "offers just to offer"

http://www.registercitizen.com/sports/20151020/ollie-uconn-trumping-competition-on-recruiting-trail

From Mass Rivals, the Huskies are working hard on Makai Ashton-Langford, a long, 6-2 Class of 2017 point guard from the Worcester, Massachusetts, area who plays at Cushing Academy. The interest seems mutual, according to Mass Rivals coach Vin Pastore.

"When you grow up a kid in New England and you're an athletic, shifty point guard, you tend to have an interest in UConn," said Pastore, who coached current freshman point guard Jalen Adams.

Pastore said the difference between Adams and Ashton-Langford is the latter has been a "natural point guard since a younger age," while Adams is more of a combo guard.

They will continue to follow Aaron," Pastore said of the Huskies' coaching staff. "But they're convinced that Makai is ready."

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score

She also mentioned that her family is very close to Shabazz's and that they have known each other for a long time being close to Roxbury and such. This bodes well for us as the neighborhoods in Boston like Dorchester and Roxbury are big on UConn and multiple people have stopped me while wearing UConn gear to say something like "Bazz!" out of the blue.

You going to the BU/UConn hockey game this Saturday at Agganis? I might be up in Boston for it. Go BU!

Reaction Score
These were the quotes from MAL's AAU coach from Friday, seems clear that they want him and its not one of those "offers just to offer"

http://www.registercitizen.com/sports/20151020/ollie-uconn-trumping-competition-on-recruiting-trail

From Mass Rivals, the Huskies are working hard on Makai Ashton-Langford, a long, 6-2 Class of 2017 point guard from the Worcester, Massachusetts, area who plays at Cushing Academy. The interest seems mutual, according to Mass Rivals coach Vin Pastore.

"When you grow up a kid in New England and you're an athletic, shifty point guard, you tend to have an interest in UConn," said Pastore, who coached current freshman point guard Jalen Adams.

Pastore said the difference between Adams and Ashton-Langford is the latter has been a "natural point guard since a younger age," while Adams is more of a combo guard.

They will continue to follow Aaron," Pastore said of the Huskies' coaching staff. "But they're convinced that Makai is ready."
Aaron Wheeler is definitely someone to keep an eye on. He's from Stamford and is playing his high school ball now at St. Andrews in RI. He's a rivals teammate of Makai. Providence has offered, Notre Dame has been in to check him out and Kansas is coming in to watch him tomorrow.

Reaction Score
"When you grow up a kid in New England and you're an athletic, shifty point guard, you tend to have an interest in UConn,"
Not so many years ago this quote would have been about kids from NYC. Times change, places change, thank God our ability to recruit athletic, shifty guards has not.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Nice story. But you don't fool me. You probably were talking to a bunch of folks at a car wash!:cool:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Now Makai would be a great addition for next year. Jalen, Alterique, and Makai.... wow, that would cause some intense competition.

Reaction Score
So if we get Makai, Diallo, and Brown in addition to what we already have, isn't that a clear violation of US anti-trust laws?

Should other teams sue KO for lack of fair competition?

He is just too good, and he's only just getting started.

Reaction Score

I'm in the South End, and I'll wear a UConn shirt whenever I can. Only been shouted out a couple of times, but its funny, I'll see older dudes walking around in UConn gear all the time. Was out and about in the city a lot 2 weekends ago and it seemed like every walking trip I'd see someone else rocking the gear, its nice to see

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So if we get Makai, Diallo, and Brown in addition to what we already have, isn't that a clear violation of US anti-trust laws?

Should other teams sue KO for lack of fair competition?

He is just too good, and he's only just getting started.

First of all, we aren't recruiting Brown. Second of all, pretty sure we wouldn't have room for all three.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm in the South End, and I'll wear a UConn shirt whenever I can. Only been shouted out a couple of times, but its funny, I'll see older dudes walking around in UConn gear all the time. Was out and about in the city a lot 2 weekends ago and it seemed like every walking trip I'd see someone else rocking the gear, its nice to see
New England's team. Take notice B!G.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
First of all, we aren't recruiting Brown. Second of all, pretty sure we wouldn't have room for all three.
Third of all two out of those three is still incredible!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32