PF Max Lorca-LLoyd | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PF Max Lorca-LLoyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only knocks I have on Lorca is that he’s not a quick leaper on the offensive end. If he catches under the basket, he doesn’t immediately explode up for a dunk. It takes him time to gather then jump. He’s also a 53% shooter from the free throw line. Perhaps those are things that will improve on. But, I like the kid. He plays hard and with energy on both ends. He’s also very good in the pick and roll. NMH uses him a lot on high ball screens.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd enjoying junior year - and getting looks

I’ve seen MLL play many times this past season. My best friend’s son also plays at NMH. Lorca is still very raw but the potential is there. The kid is an excellent shot blocker and rebounds very well on both ends of the floor. He’s drawn a ton of Ivy League interests, but the big boys are starting to notice his potential. I also think he’s been overshadowed a bit, having other really good players around him at NMH. I think KO overlooked the NMH program. There is a lot of talent there. Another 2019 NMH prospect that’s worth a look is Ryan Greer (6’2, PG). Hopefully Coach Hurley can open that recruiting pipeline. This year NMH had all eight of their 2018 kids commit to play college basketball next year:

Simon Chamberlain, 6’6 SG - Carleton (Canada)
Zach Light 6’5 SG - Colgate
Kai Toews 6’2 PG - UNC-Wilmington
Davis Franks 6’7 SF - Brown
Noah Kirkwood 6’8 Combo G - Harvard
Calvin Whipple 6’4 SG - Fairfield
Chuck Hannah 6’7 PF - Elon
Nate Laszewski 6’10 SF - Notre Dame

That Laszewski kid was dominating the tape above.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I also think he’s been overshadowed a bit, having other really good players around him at NMH. I think KO overlooked the NMH program.

In Kevin Ollie’s defense, he was recruiting Lorca Lloyd.

He had him in for First Night in 2016 and I think the staff went out to NMH last season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting like I used to. Is Vandy now paying kids like the rest of the $EC? Their recruiting is unreal right now...

The Drews are what they are.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I like athletic shot blockers who can catch, even if they aren't 7 footers. We used to have one like that. Only 6-9, and came in with limited offensive skills. Won an NC before leaving as a junior, and is still (again) playing in the league.

But I think this kid should adjust the spelling of his name. LLORCA--LLOYD would be much cooler.

Reaction Score
I like athletic shot blockers who can catch, even if they aren't 7 footers. We used to have one like that. Only 6-9, and came in with limited offensive skills. Won an NC before leaving as a junior, and is still (again) playing in the league.

But I think this kid should adjust the spelling of his name. LLORCA--LLOYD would be much cooler.
Reaching with that comp

Reaction Score
In Kevin Ollie’s defense, he was recruiting Lorca Lloyd.

He had him in for First Night in 2016 and I think the staff went out to NMH last season.

Anyone know why Ollie had no interest in Laszewski? I also wonder what his presence at ND will mean for Durham's playing time.

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Ollie had no interest in Laszewski? I also wonder what his presence at ND will mean for Durham's playing time.
He shot up the rankings kind of late (started as # ~150) and by the time he blew up ND was all over him. They’ve also had a lot of success with kids in his mold, so it made sense for him.

C

Chief00

I expect most of the bigs we recruit going forward to have much larger frames than what we've had recently. You can only do so much with a kid that's thin and has a narrow build. Thin with big shoulders and bigger legs you can work with

Chief agrees - Hurley Sr put out the word at the press conference it’s the end of the pencil neck geek era. All Bigs recruited will at minimum have a frame that can succeed in the weight room. Unlike Travis and Diaco’s new age S&C garbage - it’s back to the sweaty Jersey City type weight lifting gym workouts - actually using free weights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Chief agrees - Dan Sr put out the word at the press conference it’s the end of the pencil neck geek era. All Bigs recruited will at minimum have a frame that can succeed in the weight room. Unlike Travis and Diaco’s new age S&C garbage - it’s back to the sweaty Jersey City type weight lifting gym workouts - actually using free weights.

Dan Sr lol

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd enjoying junior year - and getting looks

I’ve seen MLL play many times this past season. My best friend’s son also plays at NMH. Lorca is still very raw but the potential is there. The kid is an excellent shot blocker and rebounds very well on both ends of the floor. He’s drawn a ton of Ivy League interests, but the big boys are starting to notice his potential. I also think he’s been overshadowed a bit, having other really good players around him at NMH. I think KO overlooked the NMH program. There is a lot of talent there. Another 2019 NMH prospect that’s worth a look is Ryan Greer (6’2, PG). Hopefully Coach Hurley can open that recruiting pipeline. This year NMH had all eight of their 2018 kids commit to play college basketball next year:

Simon Chamberlain, 6’6 SG - Carleton (Canada)
Zach Light 6’5 SG - Colgate
Kai Toews 6’2 PG - UNC-Wilmington
Davis Franks 6’7 SF - Brown
Noah Kirkwood 6’8 Combo G - Harvard
Calvin Whipple 6’4 SG - Fairfield
Chuck Hannah 6’7 PF - Elon
Nate Laszewski 6’10 SF - Notre Dame

Greer is a really nice player and currently a better pg (IMO) than Paul Mulcahy, who we have offered. He played this weekend with Delaire so I'm sure UConn has watched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom