PF Max Lorca-LLoyd | The Boneyard

PF Max Lorca-LLoyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

First time we've been connected to MLL since Hurley took over. He's the most raw out of any bigs Hurley is on, but he's a great athlete. Really high defensive potential, more of a rim runner on the offensive end.

Composite: 159

Via NERR: Woodstock's Tre Mitchell and NMH's Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd, a pair of big men with very different styles but very similar trajectories, round out the top five. Mitchell is a skilled big man who can pass, score with both hands around the rim, and stretch the floor. He's made great strides with his conditioning but isn't a natural high riser. Lorca-Lloyd doesn't have anywhere near the same skill level but his explosiveness and consequent impact in front of both rims is what differentiates him. Ultimately, they've both proven themselves high-major prospects and there value is going to be in the eye of the beholder and, in large part, based on the type of style they'll best fit into at the next level.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Looks like he has a slew of Ivy offers as well as high major offers. Always a good sign.

Tall, explosive, smart.

Reaction Score
I was gonna say, for a skinny guy he's got some seriously wide shoulders.
I expect most of the bigs we recruit going forward to have much larger frames than what we've had recently. You can only do so much with a kid that's thin and has a narrow build. Thin with big shoulders and bigger legs you can work with

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
To many 6'8" f/c
There’s a list of 50 6’8 post players from this year alone that would have been the best player on our team.

Reaction Score
The kid is raw for sure after Having seen him play a few times. He plays for a very good program in NMH and has the physical tools to be a future pro. Crazy leaping ability and plays hard. Very intriguing prospect in 2019.

Reaction Score

First time we've been connected to MLL since Hurley took over. He's the most raw out of any bigs Hurley is on, but he's a great athlete. Really high defensive potential, more of a rim runner on the offensive end.

Composite: 159

Via NERR: Woodstock's Tre Mitchell and NMH's Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd, a pair of big men with very different styles but very similar trajectories, round out the top five. Mitchell is a skilled big man who can pass, score with both hands around the rim, and stretch the floor. He's made great strides with his conditioning but isn't a natural high riser. Lorca-Lloyd doesn't have anywhere near the same skill level but his explosiveness and consequent impact in front of both rims is what differentiates him. Ultimately, they've both proven themselves high-major prospects and there value is going to be in the eye of the beholder and, in large part, based on the type of style they'll best fit into at the next level.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd enjoying junior year - and getting looks

I’ve seen MLL play many times this past season. My best friend’s son also plays at NMH. Lorca is still very raw but the potential is there. The kid is an excellent shot blocker and rebounds very well on both ends of the floor. He’s drawn a ton of Ivy League interests, but the big boys are starting to notice his potential. I also think he’s been overshadowed a bit, having other really good players around him at NMH. I think KO overlooked the NMH program. There is a lot of talent there. Another 2019 NMH prospect that’s worth a look is Ryan Greer (6’2, PG). Hopefully Coach Hurley can open that recruiting pipeline. This year NMH had all eight of their 2018 kids commit to play college basketball next year:

Simon Chamberlain, 6’6 SG - Carleton (Canada)
Zach Light 6’5 SG - Colgate
Kai Toews 6’2 PG - UNC-Wilmington
Davis Franks 6’7 SF - Brown
Noah Kirkwood 6’8 Combo G - Harvard
Calvin Whipple 6’4 SG - Fairfield
Chuck Hannah 6’7 PF - Elon
Nate Laszewski 6’10 SF - Notre Dame

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also not sure if this has been mentioned, but Max plays for PSA Cardinals which both Vital and Larrier played for. That can’t hurt.

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd enjoying junior year - and getting looks

I’ve seen MLL play many times this past season. My best friend’s son also plays at NMH. Lorca is still very raw but the potential is there. The kid is an excellent shot blocker and rebounds very well on both ends of the floor. He’s drawn a ton of Ivy League interests, but the big boys are starting to notice his potential. I also think he’s been overshadowed a bit, having other really good players around him at NMH. I think KO overlooked the NMH program. There is a lot of talent there. Another 2019 NMH prospect that’s worth a look is Ryan Greer (6’2, PG). Hopefully Coach Hurley can open that recruiting pipeline. This year NMH had all eight of their 2018 kids commit to play college basketball next year:

Simon Chamberlain, 6’6 SG - Carleton (Canada)
Zach Light 6’5 SG - Colgate
Kai Toews 6’2 PG - UNC-Wilmington
Davis Franks 6’7 SF - Brown
Noah Kirkwood 6’8 Combo G - Harvard
Calvin Whipple 6’4 SG - Fairfield
Chuck Hannah 6’7 PF - Elon
Nate Laszewski 6’10 SF - Notre Dame

The Donahue brothers from Stonington, CT ended up going there for later HS/post-grad years. Older brother was a PWO to BC and got some playing time against us back in probably ~2013ish and the younger is a senior at Penn. It's a great program and we'd be well-served to foster a relationship with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom