PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I was just looking at 247 sports and there are a slew of crystal ball picks for Diarra heading to UConn. Was wondering if anyone has seen any communications recently to prompt all these recent posts? I realize sometimes these are musings of bad prognosticators, but as the saying goes, "where there's smoke, there's usually fire".

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I was just looking at 247 sports and there are a slew of crystal ball picks for Diarra heading to UConn. Was wondering if anyone has seen any communications recently to prompt all these recent posts? I realize sometimes these are musings of bad prognosticators, but as the saying goes, "where there's smoke, there's usually fire".

The fact that our only competition is a Shaka-less VCU is a good sign in my book.

Reaction Score
Really love this kids game. An aggressive rebounder that dunks everything in sight. Hopefully we wrap this one up soon.

Reaction Score
The fact that our only competition is a Shaka-less VCU is a good sign in my book.
There has to be a chance if he has a good summer that more P5 offers roll in though right? I want a verbal ASAP but my BY instincts will have me on pins and needles until pen meets paper.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
There has to be a chance if he has a good summer that more P5 offers roll in though right? I want a verbal ASAP but my BY instincts will have me on pins and needles until pen meets paper.

Well of course. And I'm not wedded to the idea of us getting him - doing that would only set me up for disappointment. But generally, once lists get cut they stay cut and are a sign of further whittling down/a decision coming soon. T. Mack adding us on after trimming his list was the exception, not the norm.

Reaction Score
Here are some tweets about Diarra from the past few months or so (not sure if they are already in this thread):

December 2014
Reggie Rankin ‏@ReggieRankin
Mamadou Diarra was terrific tonight against Fork Union Controlled the glass and finished with power @ESPNRNHoops

Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram
2016 6'7 Mamadou Diarra. A beast for Putnam Science tnight. Punishing finisher, physical rebounder, imposing frame. Minnesota, Temple offers

NextUpRecruits.com ‏@NextUpRecruits
The big fella 2016 PF Mamadou Diarra (@bornready_mama) of Putnam Science (CT) will be a High Major PF. This kid is a monster in the paint.

Woodstock Academy PG ‏@WApghoops
Mamadou Diarra 2016 after a 22P 12 R outing vs Hargrave has new interest from Ohio St. And Maryland. Was a monster all weekend!

Buzz going around the Gym that 2016 Mamadou Diarra was the Best player in the entire event this weekend. Breakout wknd for the young big

NERR ‏@NERRHoops
Mamadou Diarra was named Most Outstanding Player at last weekend's Caisson Shootout in Virginia​
February 2015
Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10
Mamadou Diarra is one explosive big man. Plays hungry and naturally strong. Capable big East type #NPSI

Mamadou Diarra holds 16 offers but just 2 from the higher levels. Kid is the ideal Big East type big and should be recruited as such​

Reaction Score
Here are some tweets about Diarra from the past few months or so (not sure if they are already in this thread):

December 2014
Reggie Rankin ‏@ReggieRankin
Mamadou Diarra was terrific tonight against Fork Union Controlled the glass and finished with power @ESPNRNHoops

Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram
2016 6'7 Mamadou Diarra. A beast for Putnam Science tnight. Punishing finisher, physical rebounder, imposing frame. Minnesota, Temple offers

NextUpRecruits.com ‏@NextUpRecruits
The big fella 2016 PF Mamadou Diarra (@bornready_mama) of Putnam Science (CT) will be a High Major PF. This kid is a monster in the paint.

Mamadou Diarra 2016 after a 22P 12 R outing vs Hargrave has new interest from Ohio St. And Maryland. Was a monster all weekend!

Buzz going around the Gym that 2016 Mamadou Diarra was the Best player in the entire event this weekend. Breakout wknd for the young big

NERR ‏@NERRHoops
Mamadou Diarra was named Most Outstanding Player at last weekend's Caisson Shootout in Virginia​
February 2015
Mamadou Diarra is one explosive big man. Plays hungry and naturally strong. Capable big East type #NPSI

Mamadou Diarra holds 16 offers but just 2 from the higher levels. Kid is the ideal Big East type big and should be recruited as such​
Thank you.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Will Wade was hired a little over a month ago. By default, you have to favor KO.

Reaction Score
Some other tweets on him from today's action, and if memory serves me correct Corey Evans was the first recruiting guy talking up Enoch based on his play last spring before others caught on

I hope we get this kid. A great way to start off the 16 class with underappreciated big man recruit. Where have I heard that before. Lol!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Not sure. If he "rums" from rim to rim, he has a serious problem.

Reaction Score
I'd be very surprised if we don't land him. UConn is his dream school. Let's hope Ollie can snag Diarra, Bruce Brown, Alterique Gilbert, and Tyrique/Kegler.

Reaction Score
I thought we sort of backed off Brown. I'd like to be wrong, but he isn't reclassifying, and he has suggested UConn hasn't been recruiting him as hard as some other schools.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I thought we sort of backed off Brown. I'd like to be wrong, but he isn't reclassifying, and he has suggested UConn hasn't been recruiting him as hard as some other schools.
what year is the zach brown?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't forget, we have to start thinking Center. After this tear, Nolan is gone and there is,probably, 1 year left of AB. Not sure about S. E.'s desire/skill for center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom