PF Kenny Wooten | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PF Kenny Wooten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would this be on top of Diarra or another option if that fails? I know we have the schollies for both so I guess why not

Reaction Score
Would this be on top of Diarra or another option if that fails? I know we have the schollies for both so I guess why not

Definitely have room for both. Diarra sees himself as more of a 3, which he's not, but that may help us in this situation if we tell him we'll give him a shot at the 3 and Wooten is more of a pure 4. Regardless, I think Diarra is close to a done deal and isn't going to deter Wooten.

Reaction Score
Granted I know next to nothing about this kid, but it seems like he's listening to the UConn voices and would be an ideal fit while not a big bodied banger. Pretty please, let us land this kid

Getting Waters would be massive, but I feel like we need some more size to feel comfortable about our prospects next season

Reaction Score
I think it'll be hard to pry him from the west coast, but he's an athletic freak for his height.

Hopefully Oregon gets McCoy, who would lock up a good amount of PT there.

Reaction Score
I think it'll be hard to pry him from the west coast, but he's an athletic freak for his height.

His video reminds of the "Cleveland" kid that went to DePaul years back, who was all set here prior to JC recruiting over him?

Reaction Score
those who think we'd be lucky to get him since he's a Cali kid I beg to differ... We are the EXACT fit for his game... He will automatically fill a need for us in the frontcourt... Athletic rim protect who finishes well around the basket.. a real rim rocker... A real PTP'er in those areas that, quite honestly, we've been missing...

We get kids from out west... Ask Coach KO...

I'd kinda be shocked if we don't pick this kid up... especially this late in the game, and a legit opportunity to win a National Championship (because of how he fits... He's not looking for his own jump shot or to post anybody up right away - that'll be something he might develop by the time he's a SR... just be the athlete that he is, rebound, play solid D, get an occasional rim rocking dunk to get the crowd lit... he does these things, and our backcourt does what it does normally, we'll be a problem for all foes come tourney time, like always)

Reaction Score

Hopefully Oregon gets McCoy, who would lock up a good amount of PT there.

He's from Toronto so it's not like he's a west coast lifer.

This mirrors Justin Jackson. Toronto, spring decommitment, goes to high school in Vegas, does he follow the Canadian pipeline to college? Probably but who knows? He'd be a perfect fit and get plenty of PT.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

This mirrors Justin Jackson. Toronto, spring decommitment, goes to high school in Vegas, does he follow the Canadian pipeline to college? Probably but who knows? He'd be a perfect fit and get plenty of PT.

Doesn't Coach Chillious have connections in Canada? He is an intriguing prospect. Just hope he's got some good bball fundamentals to go with his athleticism.

Reaction Score

Wow, I forgot about that. Thanks.

It would be nice to start building a Canadian pipeline, especially with Shittu and Dort as targets next year. Jackson still stings, he's in mocks for next year already.

Reaction Score
His video reminds of the "Cleveland" kid that went to DePaul years back, who was all set here prior to JC recruiting over him?

This is the thing about Calhoun. Many of the kids who committed here and then went elsewhere ended up being damn good players. Mo Harkless, Cleveland Melvin. Even the kids who were close but were snagged at the last minute, like Ike Diogu, there are a lot of them who were good, and/or better than their ratings.

The only kid who hasn't lived up to that potential is Prince Ali.

By the way, I feel the same about Terry Larrier. I hated the fact he chose VCU over UConn. I think he is going to be very very special. He's just dynamic out there.

Reaction Score

CLEVELAND MELVIN.

The one that got away.

How dare you mention that name Mau. I was having a great morning too. now everything is ruined.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Coach Chillious have connections in Canada? He is an intriguing prospect. Just hope he's got some good bball fundamentals to go with his athleticism.
Not sure but let's hope. I'm assuming Hurley and his assistants had Toronto connections from his time in Buffalo that helped them.

Reaction Score
If you want to feel better about this offseason, imagine landing Wooten and Waters and then picturing our starting line up going against our one at the end of the year last year. Or just think about Wooten playing one on one with Facey over and over

Reaction Score
Kenny Wooten, 4-star PF, on Arizona State decommitment: Oregon Ducks are 'a huge factor'

This week, 247Sports four-star power forward Kenny Wooten, a 6-foot-8, 205-pound prospect out of Trinity Christian School (Las Vegas, Nevada), announced his decommitment from Arizona State and cited Oregon as a major part of that decision.

"It's a huge factor, honestly," he said. "I remember Oregon was in my top five, and I would say my top two, because I really enjoyed the coaching staff. Coach Altman was already a really good head coach. He reached out whenever he could. With the three of them potentially leaving - I didn't think they'd be leaving, so I was trying to find a fit. But they played as good as they did and put themselves in a position to leave. To go to a place like Oregon, and fit in immediately, that plays a huge rule because of what Oregon made of themselves."

According to Wooten, Oregon visited the top-100 talent this week and blew him away with its recruiting pitch.

"I talked to them recently," he said. "They came down here a couple of days ago, and they were talking to me. It was something special. I don't even know how to explain it, because it was so overwhelming. Coach Altman is one of the top coaches, because he went to the Final Four this year."

Wooten has indicated he plans to take a visit to Oregon, and possibly another school or two, before making a decision soon.

"I try to stay open-minded, but Oregon is Oregon," he said. "I try to stay open-minded about things, and not rush myself into something again. But Oregon would be hard to pass up. I mean, it's Oregon."

Reaction Score
Ah yes Oregon who may have worked their way into 3 2nd round picks this year and made their first final four in 70 years this year. It'd probably be a good spot for him but he may be overhyping them

Reaction Score
Kenny Wooten, 4-star PF, on Arizona State decommitment: Oregon Ducks are 'a huge factor'

This week, 247Sports four-star power forward Kenny Wooten, a 6-foot-8, 205-pound prospect out of Trinity Christian School (Las Vegas, Nevada), announced his decommitment from Arizona State and cited Oregon as a major part of that decision.

"It's a huge factor, honestly," he said. "I remember Oregon was in my top five, and I would say my top two, because I really enjoyed the coaching staff. Coach Altman was already a really good head coach. He reached out whenever he could. With the three of them potentially leaving - I didn't think they'd be leaving, so I was trying to find a fit. But they played as good as they did and put themselves in a position to leave. To go to a place like Oregon, and fit in immediately, that plays a huge rule because of what Oregon made of themselves."

According to Wooten, Oregon visited the top-100 talent this week and blew him away with its recruiting pitch.

"I talked to them recently," he said. "They came down here a couple of days ago, and they were talking to me. It was something special. I don't even know how to explain it, because it was so overwhelming. Coach Altman is one of the top coaches, because he went to the Final Four this year."

Wooten has indicated he plans to take a visit to Oregon, and possibly another school or two, before making a decision soon.

"I try to stay open-minded, but Oregon is Oregon," he said. "I try to stay open-minded about things, and not rush myself into something again. But Oregon would be hard to pass up. I mean, it's Oregon."

""I try to stay open-minded, but Oregon is Oregon," he said. "I try to stay open-minded about things, and not rush myself into something again. But Oregon would be hard to pass up. I mean, it's Oregon."

*Puke* They went to a final 4, wow, can't get much better than that huh?

Reaction Score
""I try to stay open-minded, but Oregon is Oregon," he said. "I try to stay open-minded about things, and not rush myself into something again. But Oregon would be hard to pass up. I mean, it's Oregon."

*Puke* They went to a final 4, wow, can't get much better than that huh?

Casey Benson is leaving as well as the seniors so there's extra cash....uh errr...I mean schollies opening up so it makes sense.:oops:

Reaction Score
Altman has a firm grip on Canada. I've heard he's trying to convince Shittu to reclassify to 2017 and come in and play 3/stretch 4 in the Dillon Brooks mold.

I can only assume he's telling Wooten he's the next Bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom