PF Kenny Wooten | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PF Kenny Wooten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Altman has a firm grip on Canada. I've heard he's trying to convince Shittu to reclassify to 2017 and come in and play 3/stretch 4 in the Dillon Brooks mold.

I can only assume he's telling Wooten he's the next Bell.
Shittu is the guy I want most of all the guys in highschool. Sure hope we can grab him

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ah yes Oregon who may have worked their way into 3 2nd round picks this year and made their first final four in 70 years this year. It'd probably be a good spot for him but he may be overhyping them

This is what I am afraid is happening in basketball. Basketball history and notoriety is being blended with football. Being known is being known. Alabama is killing it recently, and in case nobody noticed, the worst of the P5 basketball conferences (most years), the SEC, was very strong. And it is getting stronger.

Reaction Score
I agree, and that's one of the reasons that more and more I think going back to the Big East is going to happen---- if something else doesn't break our way first. The Big East is still recruiting well and many of our best players have been from New York, Massachusetts, PA, MD etc. Playing more games in the region is probably going to be critical to continuing with strong recruiting going forward.

The success of Villanova has been a wake up call for me. Basically, with a pretty good coach and the Big East behind you, you can compete for Final Fours. At the same time, other than our 2014 run, no AAC team has even threatened. Things are going to get interesting.

I've heard that the AAC doesn't really have any idea what to expect revenue wise and that they don't feel good about the situation. However, avoiding the conversation benefits most in the AAC. The longer UConn sticks around, the longer they survive. If the numbers are brutal, we'll have to leave and that's an issue they have no real answer for. I suspect UConn is going to poke around enough to figure out if we can get T3 rights back or not. If we can't, look for a combination of Big East, Fox and SNY leaks to start coming out. SNY is a serious player in all of this. They provide the answer on the football side of things regarding whether or not we can seriously threaten to go independent.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
This is what I am afraid is happening in basketball. Basketball history and notoriety is being blended with football. Being known is being known. Alabama is killing it recently, and in case nobody noticed, the worst of the P5 basketball conferences (most years), the SEC, was very strong. And it is getting stronger.

I had this same thought during the tournament. Basketball talent is really building in traditional football only colleges. Hoops is cyclical so I would hate to say its a long term trend but it does seem football fame is becoming a larger part of basketball recruiting. Could also be demographics and southern migration in the US, money, lots of things but I saw the same pattern.

Reaction Score
Long-term high-level football success = a ton of money for athletic department -> hire good coach on a high salary and give them a large recruiting budget

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Take it fwiw, but we've had productive phone calls with him. If the kid continues holding off pressure from Oregon(they want him on campus, and committed asap), we have a great chance.

Grain of salt grain of salt grain of salt :rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
Did he actually say that? Jesus, if Oregon were to have written that, they would have written it with less praise to make it more realistic. Clearly he wanted to go there the whole time and they didn't have PT available.

Reaction Score
I don't know, what could you possibly see in those quotes to think he's headed to Oregon? :rolleyes:

After reading that, I just booked RT airfare to Oregon. I'm flying into Burns, OR. Can't wait. What's to see? From all the hype, it's gotta be fantastic! Woohoo.

Reaction Score
either canada just started getting college basketball or this kid is getting paid i mean wth are those quotes :confused:

Reaction Score
...but Oregon is Oregon and is in Oregon! Plus their mascot is Donald Duck wearing green. Oregon!
And white, and neon yellow, and silver, and black, and any other combination Nike is feeling that particular day

Reaction Score
Why is everyone here shocked hes into Oregon? They have a lot to offer outside of football prestige. In fact their football team stunk this year and has been relatively "down" since Kelly left.

Aside from being in the Pac-12 and getting ridiculous Nike money, they're coming off an E-8 and final four in the last two years. They play an exciting fun versatile offensive system that has produced some very good players the last few years including a guy like Jordan Bell who I'm sure Wooten wouldn't mind turning out to be like.

I actually see their offensive system as one that is similar to the one that KO wants to have and one that we should try to emulate. Lot of pressure, versatility, and speed.

They seem like a perfect fit for this kid.

Reaction Score
Why is everyone here shocked hes into Oregon? They have a lot to offer outside of football prestige. In fact their football team stunk this year and has been relatively "down" since Kelly left.

Aside from being in the Pac-12 and getting ridiculous Nike money, they're coming off an E-8 and final four in the last two years. They play an exciting fun versatile offensive system that has produced some very good players the last few years including a guy like Jordan Bell who I'm sure Wooten wouldn't mind turning out to be like.

I actually see their offensive system as one that is similar to the one that KO wants to have and one that we should try to emulate. Lot of pressure, versatility, and speed.

They seem like a perfect fit for this kid.
I mean its Oregon!! How can he pass up Oregon

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
do you know how much it really rains in portland, OR?
Click To Tweet

long story short, it does rain here but it’s often dreary and mists instead of torrential down pour so we don’t have the highest amount of actual rain. moving from the abundant sunshine state of colorado 6 years ago has been an adjustment to say the least. i do remember the first winter we lived here i counted 13 straight days of no sun…just a solid grey sky trying to take my happiness (season affective disorder is real people).

it’s perfect weather if all you had to do was snuggle, drink hot cocoa and read all day but apparently people have to function beyond those important responsibilities. cookies help as a stand-in for sunshine sometimes

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kids associate Oregon with Nike. So if you go to Oregon, you are going to play for the Nike Flagship. Not true, but perception.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
IMG_0514.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads