PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But it's a false dichotomy. But for the ban, we were a tourney team in 4 of 5 years. And this is not the 90s, not for UConn but for everyone. There are not many schools making 7 and 8 straight tourneys. Not UNC. Not Kentucky. Not Florida. Not Duke. Certainly not UCLA and Indiana. I'm sure you can find one or two, but the point is that even bluebloods have to reload, and sometimes will misfire when reloading, given how much greater turnover is between the NBA taking on and doners, the increase in transfers generally and the total free agency of fifth year seniors.
I don't think you can look at this independent of the ban. Without the ban, our rotations are better because we don't have transfers and in all likelihood our recruiting is stronger. So yeah, I agree with you, our performance has been stellar over the last 5 years (two natties = stellar, imo) but we would likely have had stronger regular seasons but for us recovering from the ban and the associated smear campaign. We are just settling into our new recruiting patterns now, again imo.

Reaction Score
He's around the same height and wingspan as Enoch but Steve has about 50 lbs. on him and Enoch will have a year of playing center in UConn's system.
I'm 6'2" and weigh 250 lbs.....I think one of my legs weighs more than he does...

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I am so freakin happy we got this kid. Anyone want to go drinking I'm buying?

I'm in, J-Timothy's? You buy the beer I'll buy the wings (sounds like a good deal for you, but I'll make sure it's not.) ;)

Reaction Score
I'm in, J-Timothy's? You buy the beer I'll buy the wings (sounds like a good deal for you, but I'll make sure it's not.) ;)

Ok I'm in WesMass so it won't be tonight but another time I'm in!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Poor man's Anthony Davis. Healthy, he's as good as anyone in the 2016 class. Right up there with Tatum, Jackson, Maker, etc. That's the kind of potential he has, but he missed an important summer as far as rankings go, so his current rank is deceiving.

Reaction Score
Just read somewhere he could play in a DeAndre Daniels type role. I love those type of players; tall SF's/stretch PF's who can spread the floor. I'm really looking forward to the front court of Durham, Diarra, and Enoch.

Reaction Score
If you're really planning on meeting at JTim's, let me know.

Will do - what we need to do is plan a UConn game some night and meet in the middle of the state like we did years ago! Rookies (now Chicago Sams) was the place and it was fun.

Reaction Score
Just read somewhere he could play in a DeAndre Daniels type role. I love those type of players; tall SF's/stretch PF's who can spread the floor. I'm really looking forward to the front court of Durham, Diarra, and Enoch.

Would be shocked if all three of those guys played together at the same time... Enoch and Durham looked like they have decent strokes in HS, but that doesn't mean they will (or should) be taking those shots here.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
Who the is this Gblow guy? Two national titles the last 5 years and were not close? Close to what? The goal is to make the tourney every year? WTF?
Exactly what I said. Winning a Championship will die if we can't make the tournament 50% of the time. The recruits just will stop coming if we don't make the tourney year after year. It's not like we're in a conference that top players are dying to play in. Get a clue long term my friend. We're not even a top 20 team right now. No guarantee to even make the tourney this year. Stop drinking the Kool Aid

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
WTF is this about? We won the Tourney in 11. We went in '12 (with a roster talented enough to be in the Final Four but a team that never jelled). We played our way in in '13 and only didn't go because of the NCAA ban. We won the Tourney in 14. And yes, we missed it in 15. So, over the last five years, we had a tourny team in 4 of them and a championship team in 2 of them. How many more than 4 of 5 Tourney TEams did KY have the last five years? (The question was rhetorical by the way.)
I am saying we are not in any position to keep missing the tourney. Our conference hurts us. Kentucky is in a elite conference and will always get players. If we start to not making it then we have huge problems because we don't have a conference to sell.

Reaction Score
I am saying we are not in any position to keep missing the tourney. Our conference hurts us. Kentucky is in a elite conference and will always get players. If we start to not making it then we have huge problems because we don't have a conference to sell.
SEC is not really an elite basketball conference. But we get your point.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Look at the player's UConn has added. How about be happy for a little while that things in the UConn world are going extremely well? We all know that things could have gone worse (and could still do so), but they didn't and KO might be just getting started. Juwan could be REALLY good. I wonder if he will need to really learn to play more inside, kind of like Charlie V. I love that he seems to seek out contact with defenders to draw fouls or to get space...just moves like a smaller player.

WOW!!! What a great surprise!! And this one was pretty clearly a case of a kid who took to KO right away. I would take that as a very good sign. "Ten toes in!"

Reaction Score
Will do - what we need to do is plan a UConn game some night and meet in the middle of the state like we did years ago! Rookies (now Chicago Sams) was the place and it was fun.
I'm in!

I live in Bristol so I'm at JTim's constantly - but I'm down for wherever.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly what I said. Winning a Championship will die if we can't make the tournament 50% of the time. The recruits just will stop coming if we don't make the tourney year after year. It's not like we're in a conference that top players are dying to play in. Get a clue long term my friend. We're not even a top 20 team right now. No guarantee to even make the tourney this year. Stop drinking the Kool Aid

So we're not guaranteed to make the NCAA tournament and we're not a top-20 team...on September 2nd. And the AAC is bad.

Thanks! I can't speak for the rest of the fellas, but I sure was confused about our prospects!

Now that you've favored us with your addled observations, I think we're all on the same page.

Thanks again, boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01