PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not trying to be a bummer, but isn't Enoch's skill set basically the same? (only less)? I'm ecstatic we have Durham. Just hope Enoch doesn't feel he made a mistake. I imagine Ollie has had a conversation with any player who feels recruited over.

No.

Not sure if you've taken a gander at the roster lately, but UConn has Enoch listed at 6'10", 245 pounds these days - he's an order of magnitude larger than Durham. Durham is a stretch-four in the DeAndre Daniels mold.

Reaction Score
I agree with Stairmaster, Enoch has some size to him. Maybe we look at a future Kaminsky and Dek combo in Enoch and Durham. But, with a better backcourt, and, maybe a little skinnier. Okay, I'm stretching.

Reaction Score
That was an issue in 1995, not so much in 2015. Not sure A high school ACL injury has seriously impacted a guys college career recently has it?
I just remember my one friend tore his ACL and MCL around the same age Durham did and his knee was never the same. Tore it again a couple years later taking a cut for football and that was the end of his sporting career.

Then again, he wasn't an elite prospect so I'm sure he wasn't getting the medical/rehabilitative attention that I imagine Durham is/has been getting. Just curious.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
Agreed. Kentucky also had a lot more talent on their bench and in their starting five the year we beat them in the National Championship. Remember that?
I do remember that and also remember Kentucky went to another Final 4 and we didn't even make the tournament. This isn't about just one year. We need to get back to making the Tourney every year and were not even close yet.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Gblow8690 said:
I do remember that and also remember Kentucky went to another Final 4 and we didn't even make the tournament. This isn't about just one year. We need to get back to making the Tourney every year and were not even close yet.

Yeah a top 40 guy really hurts the cause.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a bummer, but isn't Enoch's skill set basically the same? (only less)? I'm ecstatic we have Durham. Just hope Enoch doesn't feel he made a mistake. I imagine Ollie has had a conversation with any player who feels recruited over.
No. You go to a top program and you know you are going to compete for minutes with other talented players. They will both play a ton.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Enlighten me on all the 6'11 power forwards who are successful at the next level. To better utilize his skills , mismatching vs opposing centers seems most beneficial. Instead of him chasing around stretch 4s....lol terrible post FOH

LaMarcus Aldridge, to name one.......

Reaction Score
We need to get back to making the Tourney every year and were not even close yet.
Dude, what?
1. The goal is to win it all, not "make the tourni" every year.
2. If the goal was to "make the tourni" every year, you think we "are not close"? Wow.

SMH at posters who anguish and quip that "we need to get back to" or "we need to start ---" or "we can't keep relying on -----------" when we just won 2 in 5 years and are literally the envy of every fan base in the country not named Kentucky or Duke.

Reaction Score
Who the is this Gblow guy? Two national titles the last 5 years and were not close? Close to what? The goal is to make the tourney every year? WTF?

Reaction Score
Well if you would look at the rankings you would see we are already ahead of Kentucky for 2016... I am not saying that we will remain up there, but for now, yes I believe we would be number 1 if Larrier were factored into the equation.
Why does everyone want to place Larrier in the 2016 class. He's from the class of 2014 and is a transfer with three years of eligibility and probably 2 years worth of credits to fulfill before graduation. Not in the 2016 class!

Reaction Score

Take a look at the current roster and the recruits who have committed for next year and tell me that the program isn't in great shape. Really ???

Reaction Score
Why does everyone want to place Larrier in the 2016 class. He's from the class of 2014 and is a transfer with three years of eligibility and probably 2 years worth of credits to fulfill before graduation. Not in the 2016 class!

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that it is because that's when he becomes eligible along with the incoming 2016 freshmen.

Reaction Score

When you're putting together a roster of anywhere from 11-13 scholarship players you're going to have two, if not three, guys at every single position. They're not "recruiting over" people, they're trying to put together a roster.

Plus like others have mentioned, their skillsets are plenty different. Enoch's physicality should allow him to play plenty of minutes at the five over the course of his career.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Enlighten me on all the 6'11 power forwards who are successful at the next level.

Off the top of my head... 2 of the most dominant PFs of all time, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, are both 6' 11".

You clearly don't know . Quit while you're behind man.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree that Durham is the better prospect, but Bradley is the better center prospect. I'd love to bring in a true center who doesn't need to gain 30 pounds.

With Durham, what really impresses me is his hands, his footwork, and his finishing. I think he's going to be a really outstanding player. The play he makes at 1:10 is incredibly for a guy his size, and he never looks out of control with the ball.[/QUOTE
Not many true centers out there. Love Durham's skill set and an outstanding recruiting year from a staff that can't recruit.:)

Reaction Score

“Somebody told me we were Cinderellas, and I was like, 'No, we're UConn,'" Ollie said. “I mean this is what we do. We are born for this. We’re bred to cut down nets. We’re not chasing championships, championships are chasing us." - Kevin Ollie, April 7, 2014

Reaction Score
I can't believe that this is even possibly a serious question, but

Kevin Garnett
Chris Bosh
Chris Webber (listed as 6'10 in some places)
Tim Duncan
Lamarcus Aldridge
Dirk (listed as 7'0 in some places)
Kevin Love, Serge Ibaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads