PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Think in general, getting the first OV is huge.
I agree, but I always get nervous when a player leaves without committing. Hopefully Meyer and Fisher are actually hearing things.

Reaction Score
Aren't these picks at the start of an official visit usually "just in case" the kids signs during the visit? Any information that the picks are more than that?

Shh! Let use enjoy the moment. Then on Monday.......Doom!

Reaction Score
I have changed my crystal ball pick to UConn.

I expect that there will now be 27 posts directly related to my grand and yet pointless gesture.
you sure enjoy being the mean guy huh?

Reaction Score
I suppose it would be a waste of every ones time if on the first day of his OV, the crystal ball was picking Miami.

Reaction Score
Think in general, getting the first OV is huge.
Some of my Miami fans think he is liking them a lot. They are recruiting another 4 but he's more brusier while they see JD as stretch 4.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have no idea why a kid would volunteer to play basketball for Miami.

If you have to play in Florida, play for Florida.

Miami's a school that averaged 5,000 fans a couple of years ago....and bragged about it.

They're not BC-pathetic in hoop support, but they're close enough.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Saw him at the men's soccer game Friday night.. Walked in with Miller and they sat with Adams & Enoch.. Looked to be having a good time.. Come on Ollie and land him!

Reaction Score
I have no idea why a kid would volunteer to play basketball for Miami.

If you have to play in Florida, play for Florida.

Miami's a school that averaged 5,000 fans a couple of years ago....and bragged about it.

They're not BC-pathetic in hoop support, but they're close enough.

I get what you're saying, but you could do a lot worse than going to school at Miami. And I don't think these kids really care at all about fan support when you get down to it.

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying, but you could do a lot worse than going to school at Miami. And I don't think these kids really care at all about fan support when you get down to it.
As a top 25 type recruit you actually couldn't do much worse than Miami. They don't really put anyone into the league, they're not a name program for hoops and they have no fanbase. I've seen it parroted several times on here that kids don't care about winning and fan support, this is pure nonsense.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Of course they do. Kids want to play in Rupp, Cameron Indoor, the Phog, etc for a reason.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Everyone could find a worse place than Miami - that's not the point.

It's that these kids can find a much better place. Miami struggles to gain even mid-major level support - in terms of attendance, they're sandwiched between Old Dominion and Siena.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Of course they do. Kids want to play in Rupp, Cameron Indoor, the Phog, etc for a reason.
Truly, when it comes to picking a school it comes down to the head coach and chances of getting to the NBA. I don't think recruits could care less about what arena they play in.

Reaction Score
Truly, when it comes to picking a school it comes down to the head coach and chances of getting to the NBA. I don't think recruits could care less about what arena they play in.
Of course getting to the NBA is the biggest factor and the coach is the one who can help get you there but you're wrong about kids not wanting to play in front of a rabid fanbase. Kids love playing in front of great fans and love being treated like rock stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom