Pete Roussel : Bob Diaco has retained only one uconn assistant | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Pete Roussel : Bob Diaco has retained only one uconn assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Point noted, but It's quite possible that the people he wanted to stay didn't want to, and the people he has released wanted to stay.

There is a little smoke to indicate that is the case with Weist. We will never know.

Hopefully he pulls in a great staff and we have no problems.

Reaction Score
There is a little smoke to indicate that is the case with Weist. We will never know.

Hopefully he pulls in a great staff and we have no problems.

Yup. But I also think Diaco wants this thing humming ASAP. He wants to skip the part where after the first season he purges what was left of the old regime.

Most of us saw this train wreck last December. I never thought PGDL would get a fourth year and I felt dread for Weist and Buggs.

Reaction Score
I liked Weist, but when I read the title my first thought was, "I hope it's Foley." Realistically it might have been a bad idea to have another guy who was a candidate for HC step down the chain of command. At the end of the day, if Weist stayed on as OC it would be a demotion since he was acting as head coach. When Bill Stewart made way for Dana Holgerson it didn't end well. It might have made for a toxic situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom