Pessimism grows in college football over season starting on time (update: it’s crumbling): | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Pessimism grows in college football over season starting on time (update: it’s crumbling):

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I get the logic of doing conference only games, but how will that work for Rutgers? Can’t really take a bus from New Jersey to Iowa or Nebraska without needing to stop at a hotel.

Reaction Score
So it appears the P5 will only be playing conference schedules. Going to be a rough year for the G5.

Reaction Score
If other conferences follow suit like the B1G, that leaves the indies hung out to dry. Namely us.

Reaction Score
Will Indiana and Illinois have to pay us for breaking their contract?

That was my question as well. If the ACC does the same then Virginia and North Carolina are off the schedule as well. Adding the following, were Illinois and Indiana "buy games"? Also, there's revenue lost on the Indiana game because it was on CBS Sports Network. Will there be compensation for that? One last tidbit. Since CUSA is so spread out, if they follow suit would they do divisional only games or could that open the door for some other games.

Reaction Score
I really don’t see what any of this in conf only stuff does for the meaningful issues contagion issues.... but anyway

Neither do I. Seems like a "feel good" measure to say you're doing something. There are risks in traveling and risks in staying close to home. But in the end we just need to sit tight and not spin our wheels to much because it might be futility at this point. A radically amputated schedule holds little or no interest to fans and bowl games and determining a playoff would be off the charts subjective if they could even schedule them.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Lol @ conferencing saying these are difficult choices. These are there only choices. If they played and there was an outbreak people would be jobless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom