Personal info - Coaches & Players | The Boneyard

Personal info - Coaches & Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If you somehow have or get some personal info on players & coaches - of any team - do not post it here. We don't need to know what parties they go to, who their significant other is or where they live. I was semi-uncomfortable with the previously posted picture of Caroline's dorm door but there was no clear indication of where the dorm is so I left it but I think I'm going to put the kibosh on any future endeavors of that sort.

DO NOT HELP STALKERS by giving them personal info on any coach or player.

Thanks for your help on this.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nan - great point.
I do think the line gets a little blurry re reposting of images/information that players/staff publicize themselves through social media which I believe was the case with the door photo. And I would hope moderators would allow some minor slack regarding those kinds of postings. But certainly agree, erring on the side of caution is always best in this regard.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If this was in any way inspired by my mentioning where Chris Dailey lives...it's on her official Uconn bio page.

Reaction Score
So long as our gurlz keep winning championships, I suppose having a G rated board is just fine and dandy. However, should we ever slip down to merely making the FF ever again, permit me to recommend consideration of PG-13 in order to re-elevate basketball outcomes to their proper level.

:)

Reaction Score
I was semi-uncomfortable with the previously posted picture of Caroline's dorm door but there was no clear indication of where the dorm is so I left it but I think I'm going to put the kibosh on any future endeavors of that sort.

The picture came from her own Twitter account.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If this was in any way inspired by my mentioning where Chris Dailey lives...it's on her official Uconn bio page.
no need to assist the stalker any further :p

Reaction Score
no need to assist the stalker any further :p

Erring on the side of caution is error, nonetheless.

The designation "stalker" is perjorative. Thus, some care and some restrain in the flinging of an accusatory label of that nature might be worth considering.

Keep in mind, we are situated in New England. Puritans landed near here. Witches were burned and Quakers hanged. Granted, I am here being melodramatic. I do so solely to say that we do ourselves no favor and we protect no good interest if we equate perfectly innocuous behavior with behavior that is abusive and even illegal.

It is not correct to say that a picture of a door and quotation of a biography posting are stalking. That is an error, the effect of which is to place constraint, doubt and fear in connection with legitimate thought and speech. Granted, this is a message board where constitutional rights are not protected. But, it is also a board covering college hoops. Colleges are places where freedom of expression has been a cherished virtue and not something to be placed in restrictive, strict limits.

I am just saying... lighten up in connection with what is called stalking. It is one thing to remove posts that depict a door or name a town in Connecticut. If we cannot do that here, fine. However, such posts are not examples of stalking, as stalking is a serious allegation that should not be used at the drop of a hat.

Boneyarders are good people, right?

:-/

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Um, former RU Assistant Coach Carlene Mitchell was stalked. It made the newspapers. My wife doesn't do any athlete's social media, but does do coaches public twitter accounts. To get on Carlene's you had to be approved, after the stalking.

Coaches hometowns, if on the team's web-site (and they usually are), shouldn't be secret. If you happen to learn where their house is, it would be nice to keep that to yourself.

I have also met a few fans over the years that came off a bit creepy in their admiration for a particular player. There are lots of players I have liked, but I only follow them on the court (and wish them well in their off-court endeavors, I don't need to know what they are!)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I am just saying... lighten up in connection with what is called stalking. It is one thing to remove posts that depict a door or name a town in Connecticut. If we cannot do that here, fine. However, such posts are not examples of stalking, as stalking is a serious allegation that should not be used at the drop of a hat.

Boneyarders are good people, right?

:-/

that what I say when thug, mugging etc is used on a well-known college athlete

Reaction Score
It is really ashame we have to be careful what we post these days. But I personally know what it is like to have one and it is a very scary feeling. I agree with what CD has said about putting too much out on social media. So I apologize if anything I have said has been offensive or stalkerish.

Reaction Score
A few thousand people are registered; tens of thousands read the Boneyard. I don't know who they are - do you?

No I don't know them. But I presume everyone innocent until proven otherwise, consistent with precepts of a free society, rather than a controlled, restricted one, sometimes called a police state.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
No I don't know them. But I presume everyone innocent until proven otherwise, consistent with precepts of a free society, rather than a controlled, restricted one, sometimes called a police state.

Man, this is the Boneyard, and despite the occasional breezy, insouciant and glib content by its posters, there are rules to follow to which we all adhere. We don't have to agree with all of them...but we do have to follow to keep the board respectable - which it is and respectful - which it should be.

Get over it and carry on as the rest of us do.***

***This message is an independent post and in no way represents the opinion of the moderators of this forum, but is simply the opinion of it's author

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Pettifogging poppycock…please peruse previous posts.

Reaction Score
Like it or not theese girls are in the public's eye. If Caroline wants to post a photo of her door on twitter thats her choice. Im not sure how many "followers" she has but im sure its alot. So she doesn't care so why should the "boneyard" This site has so many "rules/laws" and it seems like the past 2 weeks they have all been coming out. "Transfer rule" hahahah

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
This site has so many "rules/laws" and it seems like the past 2 weeks they have all been coming out. "Transfer rule" hahahah

One reason this site is great is that it has rules, intelligently devised and firmly enforced. Message boards without rules often degenerate into trash. Those who object to the rules can start their own sites without rules and see what happens.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Why are people getting upset over this rule. I think it makes sense. I'm thinking HuskyNan probably doesn't want personal photos or info posted here because she doesn't want The Boneyard to be connected to any type of stalker activity or assisting to any.

Besides, how would you feel if your daughter's personal photos were posted on a forum with so many faceless names reacting to it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A few thousand people are registered; tens of thousands read the Boneyard. I don't know who they are - do you?
I thought you knew everything??? Damn, what a letdown. :(

;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
these kids don't know their photos are being right-clicked on and posted elsewhere... at least inform them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom