Per HG, Apache Paschall passes away. | The Boneyard

Per HG, Apache Paschall passes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
wow that's a shocker. Congestive heart failure, stroke, and skin cancer all within the past year. it's also interesting that the article discusses several of the controversies surrounding him as a coach. Very sad to read about anyone's death - RIP Apache and condolences to his family and friends...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
OMG, he is way, way too young. RIP.

His team is loaded this year. I hope they can deal with this shock.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That's very sad, my condolences to his family and friends. Paschall helped a lot of young girls get a college education, I hope he took pride in his efforts.

Reaction Score
Sad news. On the UConn team this directly impacts Bria the most since she played AAU for Apache.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
God. Bless Apache and his family and friends.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Amen, Tony, blessings to Apache and those who loved him.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While some questioned his motives, I think its fair to say he also had the best interest of his players at heart. He helped many a young girl from disadvantaged backgrounds. He will be missed by many.

Reaction Score
wow that's a shocker. Congestive heart failure, stroke, and skin cancer all within the past year. it's also interesting that the article discusses several of the controversies surrounding him as a coach. Very sad to read about anyone's death - RIP Apache and condolences to his family and friends...
WOW that is a shocker! It was not a secret re: his health issues,but no indication of imminent critical issue. The skin cancer was made public a few months ago! I had just read earlier today that his trts were the reason that Nazareth,canceled their participation in the West Coast Jamboree. RIP and condolences They have a great team and preseason #1 He also was in chg of Exodus the AAu team

Reaction Score
I had no idea he was so young. He had made himself an institution in NY youth sports. At 37. He did a lot of good for a lot of girls, and leaves much much too soon.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wow really young. Sad. Best wishes for his family and friends.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, very sad news, and I did not realize he was so young. I got the impression he was an institution, and just assumed he had been around forever.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sad news. On the UConn team this directly impacts Bria the most since she played AAU for Apache.

yeah she trying to cope right now

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Bria was doing fine today until a "reporter" asked her about Apache. (her words)

I wonder which reporter that was.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bria was doing fine today until a "reporter" asked her about Apache. (her words)

I wonder which reporter that was.
That is normal in a grieving process. An innocent question of concern by a parent or a coach, a common friends' touch, text, or emotional response or reporter's just doing their job all can set the grieving emotions in action.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
That is normal in a grieving process. An innocent question of concern by a parent or a coach, a common friends' touch, text, or emotional response or reporter's just doing their job all can set the grieving emotions in action.
depends on what the question was...

just after a basketball game isnt appropriate to me. Im not saying she was "offended" but she said she was "doing fine" before the reporter asked the question. Maybe she was blindsided by the question since it happened just after a game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
depends on what the question was...

just after a basketball game isnt appropriate to me. Im not saying she was "offended" but she said she was "doing fine" before the reporter asked the question. Maybe she was blindsided by the question since it happened just after a game.
Absolutely, but not necessarily on who the reporter was. The questions that can set off a response are unpredictable, some perfectly appropriate, others less so. What triggers grief responses can appear perfectly random.

Also, a great example of why it is probably the team halts twitter and net chat in season.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If this is the Hartley interview mentioned Idon't see anything inappropriate.
maybe its not inappropriate but she mentions "she was fine UNTIL the reporter asked about Apache". (didnt/cant see the interview you posted at this time)

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
maybe its not inappropriate but she mentions "she was fine UNTIL the reporter asked about Apache". (didnt/cant see the interview you posted at this time)
Maybe you should watch the interview before you comment further. Looks like the reporter was Jim Fuller and his questions seemed very appropriate and sensitive to me. Bria answered very positively, talked about how much Apache meant to her, and while she of course was sad, I saw nothing in her demeanor that suggested she thought the questions were out of line in any way.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Maybe you should watch the interview before you comment further. Looks like the reporter was Jim Fuller and his questions seemed very appropriate and sensitive to me. Bria answered very positively, talked about how much Apache meant to her, and while she of course was sad, I saw nothing in her demeanor that suggested she thought the questions were out of line in any way.

maybe she was strong enough to answer the question(s) asked.
again, Bria SAID she was FINE until that reporter asked her about Apache (her exact comment).

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As I said she likely was fine. Anything can trigger a response for someone who is grieving, even the color of a uniform. One can be fine one moment and teary the next.

There was nothing wrong with the interview or anything else. Jim was appropriate and so was Bria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom