people worrying about all the teams ahead of us | The Boneyard

people worrying about all the teams ahead of us

Reaction Score
so after today Texas has 2 recent losses (they miss Harmon) and after going 14-0 Baylor loses 2 in a row. We keep piling up great wins against good but not great teams. All we can do. Our NET and our stats are improving. This team is coming together. Last question they face, can they win against teams with bigs? SC will be telling. And SC really has upped their 3 point shooting from last year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I really LIKE where this team has headed. Geno has talked about it several times in post game interviews etc. Obviously after the slew of injuries (BTW only 1 injury to this team was to a player before the season started), it took a bit for the team to find their new "center", so to speak.

But the team has met every challenge and has looked better and better every single game. They NEED all 7 of their core group to be at least solid. Today not only was Ice terrific, but Q was solid, and even the time off the bench from Ines and Amari was great to see.

A team that was supposed to be 14 deep is now only 9 deep. In a big game honestly probably no more than 7. But we've won NC's playing only 6 before so... it's certainly possible...

Reaction Score
I really LIKE where this team has headed. Geno has talked about it several times in post game interviews etc. Obviously after the slew of injuries (BTW only 1 injury to this team was to a player before the season started), it took a bit for the team to find their new "center", so to speak.

But the team has met every challenge and has looked better and better every single game. They NEED all 7 of their core group to be at least solid. Today not only was Ice terrific, but Q was solid, and even the time off the bench from Ines and Amari was great to see.

A team that was supposed to be 14 deep is now only 9 deep. In a big game honestly probably no more than 7. But we've won NC's playing only 6 before so... it's certainly possible...
And they are enjoyable to watch while learn…

Reaction Score
All of the doom and gloom talk after the struggle against Kansas & the losses against NC State, UCLA, and Texas, have been reduced greatly. The squad is on a 10-game winning streak and each player is getting better, which is what you want to see each game, each player's confidence getting better and their game getting better.

Reaction Score
I have often posted about the Naysayers often commenting on what Uconn has or doesn't have,how we have no height, we aren't quick enough and what if we hit a wall. Those thoughts never enter my mind.I always say we will be undefeated at the start of the season and if we lose, well now we will win the BE, which we do. I always say we are getting NC No.12 and believe it until we don't. Positive thinking goes a long way in any team's Psyche if plaecd there in the right way. WE WILL WIN! This Uconn team has all the necessary teammates and skill to go all the way and I will believe it until the last game. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Yes the team is playing very good basketball. And, they are fun to watch. But, the Big East in women’s basketball is not the PAC 12, the SEC or Big 10. However, I’m impressed with our wins over Creighton, Marquette and even St. John’s. I really don’t see our team loosing to anyone until tournament time. As Kara said today to win the national championship involves a lot of things plus some luck. Am looking forward to watching the season unfold.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes the team is playing very good basketball. And, they are fun to watch. But, the Big East in women’s basketball is not the PAC 12, the SEC or Big 10. However, I’m impressed with our wins over Creighton, Marquette and even St. John’s. I really don’t see our team loosing to anyone until tournament time. As Kara said today to win the national championship involves a lot of things plus some luck. Am looking forward to watching the season unfold.
What about the North Carolina and Louisville wins?

Reaction Score
What about the North Carolina and Louisville wins?
Yes, two other worthy wins. Again, the Big East in WBB is no power conference unlike the men’s side. It looked like things were changing last year. But thank you to the transfer portal players that the league needed to stay departed for other schools. I enjoyed watching Morrow and Parks play. Now they are in the SEC. And as mentioned in a previous post I bet that Villanova would have loved it if Siegrest had stayed. Watching her play in last years BE tournament I wish that she would have stayed as well.

Reaction Score
They make 7.1 threes per game, UConn makes 7.5
The thing with South Carolina’s shooting is there are only two players with real excellent form which is why they don’t make a ton despite a high percentage. I expect that percentage to fluctuate over the season because of that because poor for shooters tend to be both streaky and tighten as the season goes on and legs get tired.

Reaction Score
I’m not really worried. I think any momentum is good and we are gonna build it the rest of the season. I wasn’t sure beginning of the season but we legit look really good. All of our losses were early and that can happen. I’m only interested in tougher matchups in the future to see how far we’ve come. If we lose we lose, but I don’t think anyone should be worried. Barring injuries I think we have great potential. I hope lots of players come back next year

Reaction Score
Let’s face it. We’re playing with house money this season. Clearly we are not supposed to win it all this year but, as the season goes on and we play better and better and more important, as our players develop, I’m feeling more and more froggy! Geno is absolutely coaching his @** off and suddenly it’s beginning to look like Aaliyah is going to have some real, legitimate help in the post, our defense can stand up with anyone in the country, and we’ve got an offense that is running like clockwork and putting up 85+ points per game!

Once again, I’ll stipulate here that we are definite underdogs against SC, UCLA, and LSU. However, we are unlikely to play even two of those three, certainly not all three. I’m convinced that, especially by the end of March, this team ((with a modicum of luck) will be capable of keeping it close against any of those teams, and if we are within 4 or 5 of anybody in the last 2 minutes, we have the best closer in all of basketball on our team! So, basically, we have nothing to lose! No one expects us to win, but I promise you, no matter who we’re playing in the elite eight, final four, or the final, if we’re close at the end, it won’t be us that’s sweating!:cool:

To me, this season sort of parallels the Sarah Strong recruitment. Most have given up on her coming to UConn but the thing is, we’ll be fine either way. We’re going to be one of the most talent laden teams in years whether she comes or not! Likewise, if we don’t win the title this year, It’s not as if we really expected to anyway. We’re essentially looking at a free shot at both a generational player and a 12th title! That’s hard to beat!:p

Reaction Score
UConn cannot control what the teams in front of them do. They can only follow Geno's edict: Shut up and win games. Whether they move up or stay where they are, who cares? All will be OK if they win games, like 6 in the last tournament of the season :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Most teams don’t play defense with the pressure energy and intensity UConn plays. By playing the defense they have UConn disrupts opponents flow forcing them to rush and panic thus forcing turnovers.

Reaction Score
UConn cannot control what the teams in front of them do. They can only follow Geno's edict: Shut up and win games. Whether they move up or stay where they are, who cares? All will be OK if they win games, like 6 in the last tournament of the season :)
Well said. UConn just has to only worry about controlling what they can control. All of that other stuff, what other programs are doing or not doing, is not of our concern. Just show up, play hard, and get the wins. The rest will take care of itself.

Reaction Score
Hey, Iowa plays 4 guards ,one 6’2” big and are top 4 team. We have got it together now and are playing well. After the ND and SC games will know if we are a top 4 team for sure.

Reaction Score
Let’s face it. We’re playing with house money this season. Clearly we are not supposed to win it all this year but, as the season goes on and we play better and better and more important, as our players develop, I’m feeling more and more froggy! Geno is absolutely coaching his @** off and suddenly it’s beginning to look like Aaliyah is going to have some real, legitimate help in the post, our defense can stand up with anyone in the country, and we’ve got an offense that is running like clockwork and putting up 85+ points per game!

Once again, I’ll stipulate here that we are definite underdogs against SC, UCLA, and LSU. However, we are unlikely to play even two of those three, certainly not all three. I’m convinced that, especially by the end of March, this team ((with a modicum of luck) will be capable of keeping it close against any of those teams, and if we are within 4 or 5 of anybody in the last 2 minutes, we have the best closer in all of basketball on our team! So, basically, we have nothing to lose! No one expects us to win, but I promise you, no matter who we’re playing in the elite eight, final four, or the final, if we’re close at the end, it won’t be us that’s sweating!:cool:

To me, this season sort of parallels the Sarah Strong recruitment. Most have given up on her coming to UConn but the thing is, we’ll be fine either way. We’re going to be one of the most talent laden teams in years whether she comes or not! Likewise, if we don’t win the title this year, It’s not as if we really expected to anyway. We’re essentially looking at a free shot at both a generational player and a 12th title! That’s hard to beat!:p
I'd like to think that SC, UCLA and LSU would not be prepared for the aggressive, pressing, high intensity style of play that we now play with and will perfect with more BE games. Something like last year when we lost to Ohio State, not expecting their press and unable to adjust in game.

Reaction Score
As long as UCONN takes care of Big East games + Notre Dame, they should be safely on the 2 line. PAC 12 is going to be a blood bath soon and Big 12 already is.
I like the way you are looking at it, but I tend to think the scenario you mention would earn a #3 seed but #2 might be a little more iffy. Maybe, but we need some help from those top 8 teams losing, probably at least twice.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I like the way you are looking at it, but I tend to think the scenario you mention would earn a #3 seed but #2 might be a little more iffy. Maybe, but we need some help from those top 8 teams losing, probably at least twice.
Baylor is on board with that ;)

Reaction Score
Right now, what Uconn has is CONFIDENCE!! In the last 11 games our confidence has been soaring with each win. The freshmen have been the biggest difference and the other players are seeing what might be possible, when 12 days ago it wasn't looking so good. What a difference 11 days can make. By the time the NC comes around , Uconn will be in the mix as a possible winner. I also do not think So. Car. will go undefeated this year and if when they do lose, it opens the door for Uconn and their FFF ( four fabulous freshmen) and all bets are off. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom