OT: - Peloton reviews? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Peloton reviews?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Please let us know if it comes with one of the beautiful 6' models they have riding them in the commercials. You know those women that really look like they need a bike to lose a half ounce or so of body fat.
Apparently you can meet some of them in bars.

I have also been told that some of the instructors are quite attractive.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Yes, this is the same deal I got ($1,250 plus tax). They also offer 39-month financing for 0% interest and no prepayment penalty, so that was a no-brainer for me.

I think your delivery issue has to do with the delivery area, because the first question they asked me was my zip code in order to determine whether I could get the deal. I ordered it yesterday and am waiting for delivery, which is currently set up for early June but I am told to expect it much sooner as they slot me in to cancellations. My buddy who turned me on to the deal was initially given a delivery date in the same range and ended up getting it delivered within two weeks, so I'm hoping to have it by mid-May or sooner.

How did you get this deal again? We’re pretty much set on getting one but if I don’t pay list all the better.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How did you get this deal again? We’re pretty much set on getting one but if I don’t pay list all the better.
Basically, I know someone who knows someone who is an employee and he put us in touch. There isn't a code or anything; you have to get signed up directly by the employee. I asked about getting other people in on the deal and the employee said it had to be someone with a genuine friend connection because apparently the connection through which I came is best friends with the employee's boss and the employee didn't want any issues.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Basically, I know someone who knows someone who is an employee and he put us in touch. There isn't a code or anything; you have to get signed up directly by the employee. I asked about getting other people in on the deal and the employee said it had to be someone with a genuine friend connection because apparently the connection through which I came is best friends with the employee's boss and the employee didn't want any issues.

Bah - ok. Maybe I’ll search around for some ways to get deals. We definitely want one but I’m seeing savings of between $250-$1000 out there and I’ll be damned if I don’t get something.

Reaction Score

I'm surprised there are any available since home exercise equipment has been flying off the shelves. Went to the Concept II website to get a rower and its wait list city.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
For those who own one re: shoes ... just buy your own or did you get the peloton ones? $125 seems outrageous when you can get delta clip shoes for ~$60 from REI.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For those who own one re: shoes ... just buy your own or did you get the peloton ones? $125 seems outrageous when you can get delta clip shoes for ~$60 from REI.
If you're looking for ways to shave some of the $$, the accessories are definitely the place to start. I needed a bike pad and wanted the weights and an extra set of headphones just to keep with the bike so I added a "Works" package just because it was easy and I was already saving $1,000 on the bike, so I splurged and paid up for the shoes that are included in that. Honestly it was pure laziness on my part because I wanted to have it all done in one transaction and not have to worry about getting the right stuff on my own, seeing as I'm just getting started on this. I probably gave back a couple hundred of my savings but I am sure you can and should get shoes that are just as good if not better on your own for a lot less money.

Reaction Score
Apparently you can meet some of them in bars.

I have also been told that some of the instructors are quite attractive.

my friend says that’s accurate

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Nothing to add but what else is new. Broke out the Nordic Track in the garage, Medalist made in Taiwan for some Minnesota mob. Damn thing must be 20 years old, I bought it used back in 2012. That and the IPad and I'm good for 1 hour plus a day. Mind you, old mold school, and training indoors is not new to me, I visit here, I am obviously easy to amuse and love the abuse.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nothing to add but what else is new. Broke out the Nordic Track in the garage, Medalist made in Taiwan for some Minnesota mob. Damn thing must be 20 years old, I bought it used back in 2012. That and the IPad and I'm good for 1 hour plus a day. Mind you, old mold school, and training indoors is not new to me, I visit here, I am obviously easy to amuse and love the abuse.
Funny. I had that exact one, which I bought new around 1993. I used it so much that I had to replace the handles, which I did with old ski pole handles that provided much better grip, but then the cord started to shear. It got replaced by our treadmill around 20 years ago and we sold it in a tag sale some time after that. You may be using it!

Reaction Score
Please let us know if it comes with one of the beautiful 6' models they have riding them in the commercials. You know those women that really look like they need a bike to lose a half ounce or so of body fat.
Same ones that do cool sculpting.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I love their commercials

42831AFF-7EB4-4DCE-8AC1-0D69C031EBE1.jpeg

Reaction Score
Just a thought, but do you already own an actual bike? If so, direct-drive smart trainers (where you take the rear wheel off and attach your drivetrain to a cassette on the trainer) have come a LONG way. I bought an Elite trainer for $799 and pay $14.99 / mo for a Zwift subscription and I really like it. Since the trainer is fully bluetooth enabled, it was brainless plug-and -play with an old MacBook. It was up and running in about 10 minutes out of the box, and it's been flawless over 3 months.

Elite Suito review
I use Wahoo Kickr Snap with Zwift on my bike and it's fun. Wish I had direct drive, someday! To Fishy's point, riding outside is better but it's good for my condo and saves me a little hassle in the city.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Funny. I had that exact one, which I bought new around 1993. I used it so much that I had to replace the handles, which I did with old ski pole handles that provided much better grip, but then the cord started to shear. It got replaced by our treadmill around 20 years ago and we sold it in a tag sale some time after that. You may be using it!
Bought it for NYC because the gym membership was outrageous and weather inclement. Fast forward to Ess and not much need for indoor home equipment, gym is cheap, outdoors is Ess . Now, no gym and frau is nervous about me walking so it's Internet Archive and this day in History - Dead History.
Got it from some refurbish shop. It's still good, solid wheels, skis are straight level, cords no abrasion. Gonna make tie dye discs for the cord winder to get a psychedelic effect.

Reaction Score
I've been interested in a rowing machine such as Concept2 or maybe water rowing machine- just think I'd use it more and get a better overall workout. Haven't done anything about it yet, maybe when stimulus checks come
Done spin classes, never peloton. Bought concept rower two months ago. Highly recommend. Its addictive and you see results quickly

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just aired...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just aired...

Still awaiting delivery. Thought June 10 delivery date would be bumped up but it appears I’m lucky to get one at all. Really looking forward to it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One week in and I am digging the bike. I started with a handful of beginner rides to get acclimated, then a couple advanced beginner rides, and now I am doing 30 minute rides followed by arms workouts and/or cool down rides, or 30 minute intervals and arms rides followed by cool downs. So far I have done classes with Alex Toussaint, Kendall Toole, Ally Love and, my favorite to date, Leanne Hainsby.

Interested in suggestions for favorite classes and/or instructors from others who have the bike or the app.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
One week in and I am digging the bike. I started with a handful of beginner rides to get acclimated, then a couple advanced beginner rides, and now I am doing 30 minute rides followed by arms workouts and/or cool down rides, or 30 minute intervals and arms rides followed by cool downs. So far I have done classes with Alex Toussaint, Kendall Toole, Ally Love and, my favorite to date, Leanne Hainsby.

Interested in suggestions for favorite classes and/or instructors from others who have the bike or the app.

Thanks.
haha Leanne Hainsby is my favorite too. Matt Wilperts is food too and teaches you a lot

Reaction Score
Who has one? Do you like it? Where do you keep it? Do you use it as much as you expected to? How many people in your house use it? Do you subscribe to the streaming classes? Family or individual membership? Do you think the streaming classes are essential to the experience?

Curious for reviews as I am considering one.
I love it... the 2 of us in the house use
It and have had it about 1 1/2 years. She uses it 6-7 days a week, i typically ride 5 days a week. It’s in an empty bedroom with tv for the long rides. We both do power zone training and have participated in numerous challenges. It’s so addictive and has been great through this pandemic.
I have a nice mountain bike and ride outdoors often, but not regularly enough to make it a fitness solution for me. I also prefer exercising outside and that's where I like to do most of my runs, but I mix in the treadmill for half of my daily distance most week days to go a little easier on my joints. I'm not a natural runner and it's starting to wear on my body; I've had to rehab and recover from a nagging lower leg issue in the calf/Achilles junction twice in the past six months and I really want to avoid that because it's a bad thing for everyone when I can't exercise daily. After running four miles outside both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend I tweaked my back just sitting at my computer desk, so yeah I guess my candy ass needs another option in the mix.

I've often thought about investing in a nice road bike, but I will admit that the number of accidents among friends, clients and acquaintances (not to mention JC's accidents) has dissuaded me a bit. I've occasionally used stationary bikes similar to the Peloton, but not nearly as nice, in hotel gyms while traveling for work. Not sure where I'd be able to try one of these during the shutdown, and that's when I want to start it.

Reaction Score

Thanks.
I can’t suggest power zone training enough! They pick several rides, build you up throughout the process. It’s fantastic!

Reaction Score
I actually do not disagree about the car issues.

I have almost been hit dozens of times. Twice, someone I was riding with was hit. (Same guy, both times! He also got hit once when we were running. I feel safer with him because the cars go straight for him.)

If the money is fine, go for it. Good to try it out first, if possible.
You can try it for 30 days and send it back if it’s not for you.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can’t suggest power zone training enough! They pick several rides, build you up throughout the process. It’s fantastic!
Thanks. I'll look for that.

I've also had a notification on the touchscreen the past few days that says "Update available," but when I click on the "Update" icon it just brings me back to the classes screen. Any idea what's up with that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom