Peach Jam | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Peach Jam

Reaction Score
Slow start for all of the Lightning. 5 points in the first quarter. Thomas did hit 1 3, but missed a few other shots.

Reaction Score
They’re not recruiting Acuff or Dybantsa

You are correct.

UConn: “They were one of my first offers. They were like my third offer, that was when I was a freshman. And I don’t know, I haven’t heard from him since. Obviously they’re a winning program. I mean I like to win so I mean it might be a fit.”

Anyone still want to tell us they're recruiting Dybantsa? I've been saying they aren't for months but some don't want to believe it.

On potential Kentucky visit: “I don’t know. I mean my dad probably going to pick the schools I visit because he has the best interest for me. But we’ll see.”

I've said this before also, his father doesn't seem like a fit for Hurley.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You are correct.

UConn: “They were one of my first offers. They were like my third offer, that was when I was a freshman. And I don’t know, I haven’t heard from him since. Obviously they’re a winning program. I mean I like to win so I mean it might be a fit.”

Anyone still want to tell us they're recruiting Dybantsa? I've been saying they aren't for months but some don't want to believe it.

On potential Kentucky visit: “I don’t know. I mean my dad probably going to pick the schools I visit because he has the best interest for me. But we’ll see.”

I've said this before also, his father doesn't seem like a fit for Hurley.

Feel bad for AJ that Dan probably can’t just tell him he won’t deal with helicopter parents.

Reaction Score
AJ seems like a great kid and the dad may not be bad at all. But it does seem like an issue of over management. Hurley doesnt want those distracting calls during the season.

Reaction Score
AJ seems like a great kid and the dad may not be bad at all. But it does seem like an issue of over management. Hurley doesnt want those distracting calls during the season.
it also seems like the dad wants him to bag chase, so aj is tied in with that

awy

Reaction Score
it could just be an early convo going really bad. dad have strong ideas and behaved in a way that gave red flags to staff

Reaction Score
Feel bad for AJ that Dan probably can’t just tell him he won’t deal with helicopter parents.

Some parents are honestly just nuts. Even at the D2 level where I played, I remember some dad asking for a guarantee of 10 shots per game freshman year or something when they were on an OV. It was insane.

I'm forgetting who... might've been Mustapha Heron? His whole camp was all about getting guarantees about PT and #of shots and we wouldn't recruit him.

Steph and Hawkins parents did ot the right way. Be a cheerleader, be involved, help the kid make good decisions, but don't be their agent.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
at least it‘s now officially official. officially.
Necessity to let recruits we are definitely interested in be aware of their situation.

Reaction Score
Peach Jam on NBATV and their website/youtube. Brayden Burries on right now, we have offered him and watched him a bit (but not as much as Thomas/Adams/Lewis/Mullins). Fanta and Oglesby have the call.

Reaction Score
Peach Jam on NBATV and their website/youtube. Brayden Burries on right now, we have offered him and watched him a bit (but not as much as Thomas/Adams/Lewis/Mullins). Fanta and Oglesby have the call.
Other games with announcers today:

Tounde Yessoufou is on next vs. the really good Team Takeover.

Meleek Thomas' game at 7:30 is on the same court as these, but not sure if it will have announcers or just be on the EYBL stream page.

Reaction Score
I just tuned in to Youssufu. He hits a banker 3 and the announcers talk about how good he is, then next possession he's on the floor with an injury. Bummer.

Had 10 of his teams 15 pts in the first 10 mins.

Reaction Score
I just tuned in to Youssufu. He hits a banker 3 and the announcers talk about how good he is, then next possession he's on the floor with an injury. Bummer.

Had 10 of his teams 15 pts in the first 10 mins.
He's back in.

Takeover is a lot better coached and was playing harder, and his team was getting smoked. And then he just decided to take every shot basically. Scored 10 straight for the team. Forced a couple, but also got to the rim and hit a couple 3s (well 1 plus the banker). Once he came back in from the injury he forced things a bit more, too, but his teammates finally started hitting some shots and they cut the lead from double digits to 4 at the half.

Reaction Score
He's back in.

Takeover is a lot better coached and was playing harder, and his team was getting smoked. And then he just decided to take every shot basically. Scored 10 straight for the team. Forced a couple, but also got to the rim and hit a couple 3s. Once he came back in from the injury he forced things a bit more, too, but his teammates finally started hitting some shots.

He's playing more guard-ish today which is good to see.

I like him more than Greer (quite a bit more) for that 3/4 spot. Much better defender and athlete. I may have just caught Greer on a bad day.

Reaction Score
I don't know why the shot clock is 24 for EYBL. Makes bad play worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom