Peach Jam | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Peach Jam

Reaction Score
The weirdness of it always hits home when it's some 70 year old dude like Izzo who could be doing anything else in the world he wanted and he's sitting in some crappy bleachers watching a glorified open run in the middle of July.
Totally! And yet, he loves it! That's what is great about Izzo and Hurley!

Reaction Score
Coach almost blew it putting in the scrubs too early, lol. Kimani came and watched partway through as well.

Toure had 18 points in the first half before he started coasting because his team was blowing them out. I don't know how else to describe his game but violent. He's physically dominating his peers right now. Stronger, faster, jumps higher, and finishes through them. He's excellent everywhere inside the arc, including a brilliant mid-range J. FT is solid. He still needs to work on his decision-making, rebounding, and 3-ball, but it's all coming along. Overall, just a lot of polish needed, but a ton of pieces in place, despite the poor second half.

He reminds me a bit of a young Jaylen Brown-lite.

Coach didn't play him a good chunk of minutes in a close game at the end because of his decision-making. Brought him back in... immediate TO. Next play, he gets a tough assist. That's what I mean by the pieces are there, just needs polish and experience.

23 Mins

20 PTS
4 REB
4 AST

4 TO (2 goofing off in what they thought was garbage time)
0 STL
3 BLK

7/13 2FG
1/4 3FG
3/4 FT

Reaction Score
Coach almost blew it putting in the scrubs too early, lol. Kimani came and watched partway through as well.

Toure had 18 points in the first half before he started coasting because his team was blowing them out. I don't know how else to describe his game but violent. He's physically dominating his peers right now. Stronger, faster, jumps higher, and finishes through them. He's excellent everywhere inside the arc, including a brilliant mid-range J. FT is solid. He still needs to work on his decision-making, rebounding, and 3-ball, but it's all coming along. Overall, just a lot of polish needed, but a ton of pieces in place, despite the poor second half.

He reminds me a bit of a young Jaylen Brown-lite.

Coach didn't play him a good chunk of minutes in a close game at the end because of his decision-making. Brought him back in... immediate TO. Next play, he gets a tough assist. That's what I mean by the pieces are there, just needs polish and experience.

23 Mins

20 PTS
4 REB
4 AST

4 TO (2 goofing off in what they thought was garbage time)
0 STL
3 BLK

7/13 2FG
1/4 3FG
3/4 FT
Apparently he played on a rolled ankle.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So far, IMO Thomas and Mullins are the best guards by a wide margin. I actually would put Harrell 3rd even though he is off the board.

I'm going to watch another game or two of Adams and Lewis before I allow myself to have an opinion on Lewis & Adams. Acaden Lewis' highlights looked excellent but it sure didn't feel that way watching the whole game. I remind myself that last year Solo Ball did nothing in the first 2 games I watched, then blew me away in a game, and then completely sold me at Brewster, so I know first impressions are just that. I admit to dosing off in Adams game. Adams is real slight physically. Just going into his senior year, we may see a real growth spurt strength-wise as he naturally matures. It is easy to project that he will eventually be a much better version of himself.

Reaction Score
So far, IMO Thomas and Mullins are the best guards by a wide margin. I actually would put Harrell 3rd even though he is off the board.

I'm going to watch another game or two of Adams and Lewis before I allow myself to have an opinion on Lewis & Adams. Acaden Lewis' highlights looked excellent but it sure didn't feel that way watching the whole game. I remind myself that last year Solo Ball did nothing in the first 2 games I watched, then blew me away in a game, and then completely sold me at Brewster, so I know first impressions are just that. I admit to dosing off in Adams game. Adams is real slight physically. Just going into his senior year, we may see a real growth spurt strength-wise as he naturally matures. It is easy to project that he will eventually be a much better version of himself.

You're probably not going to see Lewis playing competitively. His team is terrible, never practices and doesn't have much talent other than Acaden. Kids are jiat trying to get their own.

It's a shame they can't find a way to make the consolation tourney comepetitive like Peach Jam. These kids don't care at all.

Reaction Score

Definitely too early and not the setting to make any broad generalizations about recruits off of Peach Jam. This was your takeaway about our 2023 class that ended up being great and a huge part of winning the Big East and national championships last year and are expected to be the core part of another deep run this year

Peach Jam Sunday 7/17

Reaction Score
Definitely too early and not the setting to make any broad generalizations about recruits off of Peach Jam. This was your takeaway about our 2023 class that ended up being great and a huge part of winning the Big East and national championships last year and are expected to be the core part of another deep run this year

Peach Jam Sunday 7/17

A lot of the early talent we identified in the 2023 class didn't really pan out, did they? Edwards, Bradshaw, Miranda, Griffiths.

I think our 2023 class has some great potential though. More of a developmental class outside of Castle, but high ceiling.

Reaction Score
A lot of the early talent we identified in the 2023 class didn't really pan out, did they? Edwards, Bradshaw, Miranda, Griffiths.

I think our 2023 class has some great potential though. More of a developmental class outside of Castle, but high ceiling.
Yeah definitely developmental, and the guy that was the least developmental (other than Castle who was a star from day 1) was Stewart who kind of fell into our laps late

Reaction Score

Peach Jam Sunday 7/17
Ross & Ball were the primary subjects of my statement from that 7/17/23 post and seems pretty reasonable a year later.
"IMO these guys seem most suited to help a team that has a core of alpha players like Clingan, Karaban, Johnson, Castle, portal transfers, etc Diarra seems like he would keep these guys glued to the bench." The portal player became Cam Spencer. Ross was glued to the bench and Ball stepped up when called on but was used as a bench piece. I love Ball, I still think they supplement the alpha players like Liam/Karaban when it comes to chasing championships.

Reaction Score
Meleek continues to be not only a scoring machine but he’s also consistently putting up numbers in all facets of the game.
Let’s get his commitment the week.
IMG_1294.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom