Paul Scruggs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Paul Scruggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Chief knows what he's talking about - the enhanced tour is being rolled out. At any rate, it gets interesting per article James posted - his HS and AAU coaches have had a big break-up - his AAU coach visits UConn and he is now playing for the PO Box school that DHam and VJ played for - article is attributing the move to Trent - maybe so - but then through the PO Box school - UConn is now active. But, Monday MAL signs. That's why for the casual fans - best leave the predictions to Chief.

Doyel: Why did a Mr. Basketball candidate choose prep school? Seriously, I’m asking

DHam did not play at Prolific Prep IIRC.

Reaction Score
After Scruggs enrolled at PP, I practically did a background check on every single person involved with the program. There is absolutely no connection between UConn and PP other than Vance going there (FYI, Hobbs was VJ's pointman and spent the most time there). KO or any of our alums do not have "deep roots" or anything close to that with these guys.

Initially, since we have a history of sending guys to prep schools, thought it was a good sign for us because X/IU wouldn't want him leaving the state. The Doyle article is quite convincing though. The opportunity to play with Trent and his AAU coach looking for sponsorship seems to be the motivating factors here.

With Makai now on board this recruitment very well may be over. Still crossing my fingers. Would love to get him.

By the way, if you followed Vance on snap last year, you know the high school they go to is legit. If it was in Fairfield County, we're talking tuition starting at $35K a year. It's nothing like a BS Oak Hill Academy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
After Scruggs enrolled at PP, I practically did a background check on every single person involved with the program. There is absolutely no connection between UConn and PP other than Vance going there (FYI, Hobbs was VJ's pointman and spent the most time there). KO or any of our alums do not have "deep roots" or anything close to that with these guys.

Initially, since we have a history of sending guys to prep schools, thought it was a good sign for us because X/IU wouldn't want him leaving the state. The Doyle article is quite convincing though. The opportunity to play with Trent and his AAU coach looking for sponsorship seems to be the motivating factors here.

With Makai now on board this recruitment very well may be over. Still crossing my fingers. Would love to get him.

By the way, if you followed Vance on snap last year, you know the high school they go to is legit. If it was in Fairfield County, we're talking tuition starting at $35K a year. It's nothing like a BS Oak Hill Academy.

LOL = Oak Hill Academy is BS?????
Steve Smith is a great coach and gets so much out of his players - if being BS wins National Championships, then Oak Hill is full of BS
I don't agree with lots of what these preps do but the alumni of Oak Hill BB is so impressive and they are tight knit and have lots of love for Smitty just like many UConn grads/players have for JC.
A lot of top 20 kids would love to play at Oak Hill

Reaction Score
Steve Smith is a great coach and gets so much out of his players - if being BS wins National Championships, then Oak Hill is full of BS
I don't agree with lots of what these preps do but the alumni of Oak Hill BB is so impressive and they are tight knit and have lots of love for Smitty just like many UConn grads/players have for JC.
I believe he's talking about the academic aspect of the school.

Reaction Score
Is this serious? Of course I'm talking academics. There is no dispute basketball wise they're outstanding but it's not a real school.

I think it was real sports that did the expose on them. The school looks like it's in an abandoned building. It's 1 class room with a teacher straight out of rehab. The kids absolutely don't get an education. They just play basketball there. This is common knowledge and the root of all the negative connotations of these basketball academy's.

Wherever PP sends the kids is a top of the line, extremely well-to-do private school. The players r in class with non basketball players and REAL teachers. Anyone who watched VJs snaps could back me up.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

I have no problem at all on the school. You should know me better than that.

Reaction Score
As I wake/sober up this morning, I realized I was wrong. It's Mont Zion Academy (where McGrady and Amare went) that was a fake school not Oak Hill. They were the original basketball factory school. Not sure if they even exist anymore.

Reaction Score
As I wake/sober up this morning, I realized I was wrong. It's Mont Zion Academy (where McGrady and Amare went) that was a fake school not Oak Hill. They were the original basketball factory school. Not sure if they even exist anymore.

I think henderson prep school Findlay Prep is a fake school

Reaction Score
I'm trying hard to refrain from co-opting the TLC hit "Scrubs" to talk about the situation with Mr. Scruggs, so instead I'll just crib from Jaybo and say I Hate Him!

Reaction Score
We got MAL from this class with Adams and Alt likely coming back so I think he saw a log jam. Good for X

Reaction Score
We got MAL from this class with Adams and Alt likely coming back so I think he saw a log jam. Good for X
Funny, none of these kids ever see log jams at Kentucky, Duke, UNC or Kansas. I was thinking we got beat out for him because he wanted to go to a P5 school. Oh wait...hmmm, perhaps it is the awesome weather! Damn...um, must be the hot women...

Reaction Score
St. John Bosco - basically a sister school

I love that you say stuff like this - that an 80 year old catholic school in south los angeles and a brand new prep school / basketball factory 400 miles away are "sister schools" like that isn't completely preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom