Paul Scruggs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paul Scruggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to agree with Chief here. Him going to a prep school (far out of state) that we are familiar with, is a good sign.

To throw some gas on the fire:
image.jpg

His AAU just retweeted this.

Reaction Score
indy hoosiers head coach seems to be a fan of ko, he's the only d1 coach he's taken a photo with and posted. I like our chances vs X for the package deal but idk about ucla.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
indiana fanbase is a mess, they are losing it that scruggs doesn't want to play hs in the sacred land of indy over on tos. not to mention half want crean gone while the other stick by his mediocre tenure at a 'blue blood'.

I really like the idea of scruggs and wilkes as a consolation prize if hami is unavailable due to going straight to the league or uk, KO will just have to beat out X + UCLA.

If we're to get 2 players from this point forward, it would be hard to do better than Scruggs and Wilkes (which I consider a fantasy until we see if Wilkes actually comes for a visit. If he comes in November, then I'll allow myself to hope). Wilkes is also going to visit Xavier, so there's that.

C

Chief00

So now your predicting mal and Scruggs?
Not a prediction yet on Scruggs - I am following the Calhoun rules today and celebrating the MAL prediction and early morning confirmation. Back to work and prediction study tomorrow.
But, this Cali Preping is huge - KO's connections go deep at that school.

Reaction Score
I'm curious, if people had to choose between getting Diallo or Scruggs and Wilkes, what they'd prefer

Reaction Score
Diallo has a chance to be our next top 5 pick, but our beat writers talking about the buzz of him going straight to the league doesn't make me optimistic ( i had heard buzz he was transferring but that seems dead) . He'll be a first round pick in 2017 if he declares, which seems like a smart thing to do. Mal, scruggs, wilkes, polley and a big would be a great great class, better than this years. three top 40 players. Wilkes is a serious blue chip recruit who could easily be one n done, even scruggs has one n done potential.

Reaction Score
Personally I can't imagine Scruggs coming here. If Jalen stays that would be 5 guards on the roster. I'm sure Scruggs knows he needs to become a point guard and I don't see that happening here.

But hey, who knows. Teenagers confound me daily.

Reaction Score
I'm curious, if people had to choose between getting Diallo or Scruggs and Wilkes, what they'd prefer

Was just talking to my brother about this. I'm thinking it has to be the combo of Wilkes and Scruggs. I think the best basketball player is Wilkes. Hami being the best athlete for sure. But two for one. And the fact that we need wing/bigs over back court now. Obviously I would be ecstatic with either.

Reaction Score
Personally I can't imagine Scruggs coming here. If Jalen stays that would be 5 guards on the roster. I'm sure Scruggs knows he needs to become a point guard and I don't see that happening here.

But hey, who knows. Teenagers confound me daily.
Yeah there's plenty of reasons for him not to come, but there's enough signs of his interest being legitimate that I can't just dismiss it.

Depends what his plans for college are. If he wants to go 1 year then it doesn't make sense to come here. But if he's thinking 2+ years coming and learning from Jalen and Alterique for a year before taking over isn't a bad option

Reaction Score
A 5 star player or a 5 star and a near 5 star?
I'll take the 2.
Well when you put it that way...

But I was hoping there would be some people all in on Diallo since we've been recruiting him for so long to create some debate

Reaction Score
Was just talking to my brother about this. I'm thinking it has to be the combo of Wilkes and Scruggs. I think the best basketball player is Wilkes. Hami being the best athlete for sure. But two for one. And the fact that we need wing/bigs over back court now. Obviously I would be ecstatic with either.
how is wilkes the best player? hami just came back from that u18 tourney in chile... a team that wilkes got cut from, diallo played a key rotational role vs canada.

Another reason why diallo would be better is fit, he is very familiar with our current roster, even if its for one year.

Reaction Score
how is wilkes the best player? hami just came back from that u18 tourney in chile... a team that wilkes got cut from, diallo played a key rotational role vs canada.

Another reason why diallo would be better is fit, he is very familiar with our current roster, even if its for one year.

You can think what you want. Thats just how I see it. Overall a better basketball player right now. Hami is an elite athlete who needs to improve his shot. And you could also say that with Wilkes and Scruggs you are getting more years out of those two than the one you are getting from Hami

N

NotBlueOlliewood

Wilkes can't reach Hami's ceiling. He's close to consensus top 10, with some feeling Diallo is the clear best SG in this class. The day his shooting is not a weakness, is the day he's top 3 in the NBA draft.

Reaction Score
Wilkes can't reach Hami's ceiling. He's close to consensus top 10, with some feeling Diallo is the clear best SG in this class. The day his shooting is not a weakness, is the day he's top 3 in the NBA draft.

Hami may not reach Hami's ceiling while in college and then get drafted for his potential. I will take either but always prefer the one that gives me more than 1 year as long as he's in the same area code ability wise. Seeing the skill set on video of both I like the guy who can make shots because getting to the rim gets tougher out of prep. Not saying he can't or won't just saying 19% from 3 makes it tougher.

Reaction Score
Hami may not reach Hami's ceiling while in college and then get drafted for his potential. I will take either but always prefer the one that gives me more than 1 year as long as he's in the same area code ability wise. Seeing the skill set on video of both I like the guy who can make shots because getting to the rim gets tougher out of prep. Not saying he can't or won't just saying 19% from 3 makes it tougher.
And you are correct. Neither Hami or MAL are good shooters. That is 2/3 of our future backcourt. We need to add a third guy that can shoot. I think where Ollie may be struggling is that great shooters often don't want to play D and I think he values D, a lot.

Would a three guard lineup of Waters, MAL and Diallo be crazy due to the lack of size? A back court of Waters and MAL might look a lot like KEA and Ricky.

Reaction Score
Hamidou diallo is a better player than wilkes at the moment, its just facts. wilkes got cut from a team HD made and contributed on, hd is ranked higher, and he has a better physical profile (longer arms).

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
And you are correct. Neither Hami or MAL are good shooters. That is 2/3 of our future backcourt. We need to add a third guy that can shoot. I think where Ollie may be struggling is that great shooters often don't want to play D and I think he values D, a lot.
Gilbert, Vital, Jackson & Durham are all considered good-to-great shooters at their respective positions. That's 4/5ths of the 2016 recruiting class...

Reaction Score
Hamidou diallo is a better player than wilkes at the moment, its just facts. wilkes got cut from a team HD made and contributed on, hd is ranked higher, and he has a better physical profile (longer arms).
But Wilkes has an easier time buying shirts!

Reaction Score

You are arguing semantics here. The fact that Hami was considered a top 12 player at his age group in the country versus Wilkes being a top 20 (wilkes was part of last cuts) is a moot point. It could've even been that Hami was 12th and Wilkes was 13 in the coaches eyes. It also could have had to do with a better fit for the team. You are coming off as a guy who can't make a subjective assessment on your own, you just regurgitate what other people say, rank, or choose as their teams. You going to tell me next that there is no way that Alterique plays better than the 39 or whatever guys that were ranked higher in his class than him. Again I'm telling you from what games I have seen from them, which is somewhat limited, I think Wilkes is the better player, Hami the better athlete. Also, like someone said before Wilkes may be the better fit if Hami doesn't come in with a consistent shot. And there are NO facts in performance assessment sorry bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom