Pats . . . | The Boneyard

Pats . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. Some ending.

1. Gotta feel bad for the kicker - 32 yard choke. I'd never want him as my kicker after that. He'll carry that with him for life, although he shouldn't.

2. Why is NE, after an amazing pick with about 8 minutes to go, up 3, throwing a 60 yard bomb? Worst NE call I've seen in a long time, and I wonder if it was an audible. Anybody with more knowledge than me know if a bomb play could be audibled?

3. Pats played flat. They're probably going to need to be better to win in 2 weeks.

4. Pats made enough mistakes to lose. Got a bit lucky to win.

5. If Brady wins in 2 weeks, he is the GOAT. He is already in the conversation. And don't bring up a guy like Bradshaw, who did it with the same great team in a 6 year span with the same core. Sure, Bellichek's management has been crucial, but Brady can dance with any partner he is given, and, excepting Moss, he's never had top flight receivers.

6. Hated to see Gronk go down. Ever since watching the Giant's tight end in the 80s, who was phenomenal, try to eek every yard out of every catch with guys draped all over him, I've always cringed when I see the big tight ends getting their legs crashed into. Man, there's something to be said for just going down when a 250 pound guy has you and you're not breaking his tackle. Just go down, and don't have him roll on your legs or take a hit from another defender. Is the guy who rolled on Gronk's leg known for dirty hits? Was he the one who hit Brady on the knee? I always thought that was a cheap shot.

Reaction Score
Gronkoswki will be fine - he came back in at the end.

None of those plays by Pollard were dirty.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Sounds ridiculous since it's only been 4 years, but it feels like a lifetime since they've been here. Go Pats!!!

P.S. I couldn't understand that bomb either, logical move there was to burn some clock.

Reaction Score
As a Ravnes fan, that hurt, but I don't feel as bad as I thought I might simply because my team played really well. Flacco acquitted himself nicely and two of those interceptions were works of art. Even if the kicker makes the FG, there's still a 50% my team loses in OT. Oh well, it was a great game from start to finish.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gronk had no time to think about just going down. The flow of the play happened and Pollard gave in to gravity onto Gronks hoof.

Gronk is an absolute BEAST

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Brady has to be thankful that the Niners lost - as much as he hates to be touched, those cats hit the quarterback on every freaking play.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I think Brady has to be thankful that the Niners lost - as much as he hates to be touched, those cats hit the quarterback on every freaking play.

I have little confidence in a Pats win. Game is an absolute toss up. That SF defense is huge and the DBs are amazing. I thought they would give the Pats the toughest game because they would keep points off the board. With the Giants I feel Eli can pick them apart. I see many points in lights.

Reaction Score
I believe I just got the answer to your earlier quesion on who cries more than Giant fans.

I didn't see it......but Brady cries all the time looking for flags so I'm guessing he had it coming!! He doesn't like getting hit and his Red Sox.....errrr......Pats fans don't like seeing him get hit.

Having said that we mentioned Eli getting hit late 3X against the Pack while they called our guy for roughing so Waq has a right to express his thoughts on the call no doubt! It's just Eli doesn't whine and beg ever.......TB does!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Having said that we mentioned Eli getting hit late 3X against the Pack while they called our guy for roughing so Waq has a right to express his thoughts on the call no doubt! It's just Eli doesn't whine and beg ever.......TB does!

You guys just got a gift win AND got that bad call on the fumble back. Not bad.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You guys just got a gift win AND got that bad call on the fumble back. Not bad.

You have got to be f(ucking kidding me.

The Pats, just got the gift wins of all gift wins and you open your big mouth.

Just shut *uck up.

Reaction Score
I am not so sure that the Patriots played flat as much as Brady just struggles against Baltimore. They have a very good back 7 who can cover and create ways to get pressure on him. Baltimore is to Brady as PC is to UConn basketball. Some how, some way they will make life miserable for them.

That being said, the two picks the Ravens had were outstanding plays. The one on the seem route intended for Edelman was an extremely athletic play. You could see Webb about to turn in and run with Edelman and then he swung his upper body back around and got his eyes on the ball and his hands up very quickly. The tip by Pollard showed great athleticism and the snag by Smith(?) was equally nice. Not every secondary has a team who can make those plays.

I like how the defense has kept them in the game. Yes, Flacco put up numbers but the defense slowed Rice and forced Flacco to make plays, and he did. Good for him.

The bomb, I was shocked. 6 minutes left, all I can think is that they wanted to put the game away. It almost backfired.

Patriots are fortunate that Cundiff reverted to his Cowboys self.

As for the Super Bowl, it is not a revenge game. Only 8 players are left, 7 active, from that 07 team. It will be interesting to see what BB tries to take away. They don't have the personnel to take away all of the receiving options and given the secondary, I am not sure you want to commit your front 7 to stopping the run exclusively. Wilfork, Anderson, Ninkovic, Love, Daedric, etc will need to have exceptional games again.

The Giants will probably try to rush 4 and drop 7 early and see what happens. I'd like to see
the Patriots run the ball a lot early to suck some of the lb's closer to the line and open up the level between the lb's and db's allowing the crossing patterns to open up in the middle of the field.

It's going to be a fun 2 weeks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You have got to be f(ucking kidding me.

The Pats, just got the gift wins of all gift wins and you open your big mouth.

Just shut *uck up.

Wow, you are just a sorry reminder of your former self. Totally unhinged.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yeah....you've gone full grandpa: impatient, entitled, crabby. There's a fine line between curmudgeon and and you've crossed it.
Oh, grow a set. Did I hurt your vagina? I used the word f(uck a couple of times...wow.

Reaction Score
That's funny Waq....."gift" huh?.....you should know about gifts. Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff say belated Merry Christmas!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh, grow a set. Did I hurt your vagina? I used the word f(uck a couple of times...wow.

Don't worry pops, I'll stay off the lawn. I'm allergic to crabgrass.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I loved the camera shot of Jim Harbaugh watching the kick...he looks up and mouths "That's Stop."

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32