Pasqualoni Watch | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok, I'm going to try and keep this short, but I have a couple points to make

1. The clock is ticking in HCPP, he really needs to turn this ship around and turn it around fast. Hathaway really screwed up this hiring, If Herbst was in charge at the time and Hathaway was ousted we'd either still have HCRE (I wish) or someone like Garrick Mcgee. Now I'm not saying we'd be undefeated but we wouldn't be downright awful like we are.

2. Can we please stop with the gimmicky punt block ? Nick Williams may be the best player on the team and its sad that we're wasting his return ability by letting gunners force him to fair catch.

3. Everyone here wants to be considered for the ACC, right now we don't even deserve to be in the Big East, we look like a mid level MAC team

4. Start Neibrich the rest of the year, see if he can develop into something. JMac and Mccumings are god awful. When Cochran steps foot on campus tell him he's your guy for the next 4 years and don't look back. Of course HCPP should not be able to deliver that message because he should be gone by then.

Reaction Score
You guys are pathetic. "clock ticking"--are you kidding me?- hate to have you in a foxhole. And JMac is gaining confidence as the playbook gets simplified.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys are pathetic. "clock ticking"--are you kidding me?- hate to have you in a foxhole. And JMac is gaining confidence as the playbook gets simplified.

I'm not sure what an honest appraisal of the coaching staff has to do with being in a foxhole. It seems crazy to think it, but this may be a one year administration.

Reaction Score
His tenure just stated with shortcomings at the QB position and you are already going bananas?

Reaction Score

1. The clock is ticking in HCPP, he really needs to turn this ship around and turn it around fast. Hathaway really screwed up this hiring, If Herbst was in charge at the time and Hathaway was ousted we'd either still have HCRE (I wish) or someone like Garrick Mcgee. Now I'm not saying we'd be undefeated but we wouldn't be downright awful like we are.

2. Can we please stop with the gimmicky punt block darn? Nick Williams may be the best player on the team and its sad that we're wasting his return ability by letting gunners force him to fair catch.

3. Everyone here wants to be considered for the ACC, right now we don't even deserve to be in the Big East, we look like a mid level MAC team

4. Start Neibrich the rest of the year, see if he can develop into something. JMac and Mccumings are god awful. When Cochran steps foot on campus tell him he's your guy for the next 4 years and don't look back. Of course HCPP should not be able to deliver that message because he should be gone by then.
I agree strongly with #2 about switching up Punt Return philosophy, but am concerned about Nebrich at this point. I know he is young and will undboutedly progress quite a bit if he's a hard worker, but EVERY ball he throws is a major "wounded duck." This says to me he is gripping the ball too tightly, and this tells me he is still too nervous. I think he can be an important piece of the puzzle, but tonight JMac showed some pocket presence for the first time-moving his feet to buy time, and even ran selectively/effectively a la Zach Frazer. I am not in love with JMac's game, but tonight he clearly showed he is the best option at this point. Can that change? Sure.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nothing to do with apologistas or whatever - I don't think UConn is the kind of place where a HC gets canned after 1-2 years, unless he starts partying with sorority sisters like Larry Eustachy. We aren't exactly overflowing with talent so PP is going to get a few years to get his recruits in.

Reaction Score
Agreed that he is not on the hot seat but there should be some conversations around:
1. the 3 headed qb gimick that is not working
2. the regression of the o line performance
3. the regression of special teams

Reaction Score

2. Can we please stop with the gimmicky punt block darn? Nick Williams may be the best player on the team and its sad that we're wasting his return ability by letting gunners force him to fair catch.

You are nuts - any problems we are having at QB are because of HCRE . PP's recruits can not play till next year. You would be saying the same thing about any coach we have if they had the same record we have now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the only problem was at quarterback that would be fine. Edsall left nothing at the position.

I'm not sure how 15 other problems are because Edsall didn't leave quarterbacks though.

Reaction Score
You wish we still had Edsall? The guy who was just blown out by Temple? (Maryland fans would like to give him back) The guy who never gave Williams a shot at receiver? You're pining for Cochrane...you do realize that if Edsall was still around there is no way we land Cochrane.

We are 2 -2. We would be 2 - 2 if Edsall was still here.

Our Defense has never been this good.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Agreed that he is not on the hot seat but there should be some conversations around:
1. the 3 headed qb gimick that is not working
2. the regression of the o line performance
3. the regression of special teams
4. lack of run production (related to 2.) I mean, 2.2 yards per, or whatever it is now, is not UConn football, no matter who the HC is.

Reaction Score
All our problems start at the O line and every one thought that was going to be strong.

Reaction Score

1. The clock is ticking in HCPP, he really needs to turn this ship around and turn it around fast. Hathaway really screwed up this hiring, If Herbst was in charge at the time and Hathaway was ousted we'd either still have HCRE (I wish) or someone like Garrick Mcgee.(Yes ! McGee, some new young blood.) Now I'm not saying we'd be undefeated but we wouldn't be downright awful like we are.

3. Everyone here wants to be considered for the ACC, right now we don't even deserve to be in the Big East, we look like a mid level MAC team (Absolutely correct. UConn moving backwards from beating ND & South Carolina in the same year.)

Plus recruit more Qbs and don't stop til you can pass like big boy football players.

WOW! Two big plays (result of poor tackling) by Williams kept UConn offense from anothe pathetic outing. But let's keep run, run, running. Anybody from the high school classes circa 1960-1969 will be looking to flock to UConn offense. ZZZzzzzz.

Reaction Score
If the only problem was at quarterback that would be fine. Edsall left nothing at the position.

I'm not sure how 15 other problems are because Edsall didn't leave quarterbacks though.

How can you say we have no QB when we have a true frosh and a RS QB who have not played any measurable time due to PP's dumb, first time in college history, 3 QB rotation.

I wish i had the evaluation skills some of you have.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Plus recruit more Qbs and don't stop til you can pass like big boy football players.

WOW! Two big plays (result of poor tackling) by Williams kept UConn offense from anothe pathetic outing. But let's keep run, run, running. Anybody from the high school classes circa 1960-1969 will be looking to flock to UConn offense. ZZZzzzzz.

Does anyone else watch Georgia Tech and wish that TDHusky had to deal with Paul Johnson?

Reaction Score
One more thing, all of the HCPP apologists please don't post here. I don't care if he's a Cheshire native or if you think he's a good guy. Cheshire natives / good guys don't always deliver the W's. We need someone who can deliver W's.

i know you said not to do this, but i think it needs to be written - P is a cheshire native. and a very good guy. and we won.

in all seriousness though, i am starting to see why deleone drove the cuse guys bananas.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How can you say we have no QB when we have a true frosh and a RS QB who have not played any measurable time due to PP's dumb, first time in college history, 3 QB rotation.

I wish i had the evaluation skills some of you have.

Well, it's pretty obvious there aren't any quarterbacks ready to play BCS level football right now. They are starting a walk on, who was decent tonight but his numbers were inflated by Buffalo missing tackles on Williams.

It's pretty obvious that the other two aren't ready for prime time, but if you want to try and convince yourself that it's because of the playing time that's fine.

Reaction Score
i know you said not to do this, but i think it needs to be written - P is a cheshire native. and a very good guy. and we won.

in all seriousness though, i am starting to see why deleone drove the cuse guys bananas.

You know, I never noticed, but you are right. When the 'Cuse guys came over to say they liked the PP hire, I don't remember a single one saying they liked the addition of DeLeone.

Reaction Score
Well, it's pretty obvious there aren't any quarterbacks ready to play BCS level football right now. They are starting a walk on, who was decent tonight but his numbers were inflated by Buffalo missing tackles on Williams.

It's pretty obvious that the other two aren't ready for prime time, but if you want to try and convince yourself that it's because of the playing time that's fine.

Dude, every defense has missed tackles. By that logic, every QB ever has "inflated" stats. You make absolutely no sense. Just let it go, Buzz Killington.

Reaction Score
Sure it has.

You prefer the Edsall defense that got chewed apart by Rutgers last year because they never tried to pressure the Freshman QB? I'll say it again, our defense has never been this good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom