Pasqualoni Watch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You prefer the Edsall defense that got chewed apart by Rutgers last year because they never tried to pressure the Freshman QB? I'll say it again, our defense has never been this good.

I agree, this is the best UCONN D I can remember. And I will also say that we would be 4-0 if Randy Edsall was still the coach.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dude, every defense has missed tackles. By that logic, every QB ever has "inflated" stats. You make absolutely no sense. Just let it go, Buzz Killington.

Good lord. The offense was beyond brutal tonight. Buffalo is one of the 15 worst teams in the country. If you want to talk yourself into JM based on tonight that is great.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You prefer the Edsall defense that got chewed apart by Rutgers last year because they never tried to pressure the Freshman QB? I'll say it again, our defense has never been this good.

It was frigging Buffalo. Do you remember what Edsall's defense did to Chazz Anderson when he was at Cincinnati?

So Edsall gets killed because he didn't leave a QB, but he has nothing to do with the quality of the defense?

How about we decide if it's the best defense they have had once they play well against a team that can get out of it's own way.

Reaction Score
Well, it's pretty obvious there aren't any quarterbacks ready to play BCS level football right now. They are starting a walk on, who was decent tonight but his numbers were inflated by Buffalo missing tackles on Williams.

It's pretty obvious that the other two aren't ready for prime time, but if you want to try and convince yourself that it's because of the playing time that's fine.

You are embarrassing yourself. I said people were saying we don't have any qb's that are good. I say we don't know if they are good because they are young with no PT.

Don't you need PT to get ready for primetime? You just change things as you go.

My point. We don't know if they're any good. You know they're not good

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are embarrassing yourself. I said people were saying we don't have any qb's that are good. I say we don't know if they are good because they are young with no PT.

Don't you need PT to get ready for primetime? You just change things as you go.

My point. We don't know if they're any good. You know they're not good

I don't know if they will be good someday. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not good right now.

Reaction Score
Settle down, Steinbrenner, you're watching UConn football. As if you have ever in your entire life been in a position to fire anything other than another Marlboro red while arguing with a television set.

Reaction Score
Good lord. The offense was beyond brutal tonight. Buffalo is one of the 15 worst teams in the country. If you want to talk yourself into JM based on tonight that is great.

I don't think anyone here is talking themselves into JMac. If you think that, clearly your reading comprehension is that of a turnip. We have beaten that horse to death already. But its not like we have anyone more productive right now.
For once this year, we are just happy the team/staff didn't give the game away. Clearly, JMac is not a great QB and our RB situation blows. Our offense is terrible. We get it. The only reason for our better attitude is that we actually WON a game with all that crap on the offensive side of the ball. Move on, Eeyore.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Georgia Tech beat UNC today. UConn beat Buffalo. ACC vs low MAC. Good point.

Maybe you've heard they run the ball 10 times more than they throw it. So it's ok to run if you win? Then what was your problem last year?

Reaction Score
How does Randy make McEntee not suck?

How does Randy win a BE championship with Zach Frazer at the helm? he ran a disciplined team who for the most part "executed". Yep there is that word. He identified the teams strength and stuck with it.

He was not without faults. IF you go to the Rutgers game thread from last year, I was livid at the lack of blitzing on a true frosh for Rutgers. And his lack of ability at recruiting a BCS caliber qb since Dan O left was frustrating beyond belief. But he was a terrific talent evaluator who snagged some great players for UCONN.

I absolutely stand by my statement that we would be undefeated if he was still the coach.

With that said, we need to give Coach P some slack here. It's the 4th game, and although he made some horrible decisions (continuing to throw v. Vandy; TO at end of Iowa State game so they could throw a 1 yard out), it is still too early to call for his job.

Reaction Score
How does Randy win a BE championship with Zach Frazer at the helm? he ran a disciplined team who for the most part "executed". Yep there is that word. He identified the teams strength and stuck with it.

He was not without faults. IF you go to the Rutgers game thread from last year, I was livid at the lack of blitzing on a true frosh for Rutgers. And his lack of ability at recruiting a BCS caliber qb since Dan O left was frustrating beyond belief. But he was a terrific talent evaluator who snagged some great players for UCONN.

I absolutely stand by my statement that we would be undefeated if he was still the coach.

With that said, we need to give Coach P some slack here. It's the 4th game, and although he made some horrible decisions (continuing to throw v. Vandy; TO at end of Iowa State game so they could throw a 1 yard out), it is still too early to call for his job.

Frazer was a LOT better than McEntee.

Reaction Score
Don't we have the same offensive line coach as last year? Maybe Jordan Todman made the line look better than it was.

We would be 4 -0 if we still had Jordan Todman on this team.

Did we score an offensive TD against South Florida and Oklahoma last year? I can't remember.

Reaction Score
Don't we have the same offensive line coach as last year? Maybe Jordan Todman made the line look better than it was.

We would be 4 -0 if we still had Jordan Todman on this team.

Did we score an offensive TD against South Florida and Oklahoma last year? I can't remember.

I will tell you, Mike Ryan has regressed a ton this year. Not sure what happened. I asked last week, but does anyone else think he looks alot heavier? I think that might be impacting his play. THe Line was solid last year, but Todman was also the type of back who could get yards after contact. McCoombs has proven he can't. And he already seems gassed after 4 games.

Reaction Score
WOW. People have to relax. I was an Edsall supporter, but he is at Maryland with a 1 - 2 record. He just got smoked by Temple at home, and some are wishing he was still here. Do you think we would have a great offense if he was around, I personally think it would be worse. As regards to HCPP, you have to give him some time. I am not happy with how the team is playing but to say the clock is ticking is ridiculous. He has already done a better job then Edsall has on the recruiting front, lets see what he does when he gets HIS players aboard.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How is everyone getting so worked up over a 2 TD road victory?

Reaction Score
Um, because we looked like cr@p against one of the worst FBS teams in the country.

As for the other topic on the thread, I'm doubtful Randy would be better than 2-2 with this team. No stud RB wouldn't bode well for his style.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what an honest appraisal of the coaching staff has to do with being in a foxhole. It seems crazy to think it, but this may be a one year administration.

Well, Randy Edsall may be back on the market so this may work out perfectly yet for his fan club.

Reaction Score
Good one Noey! So let's say Edsall goes back on the market. Forget the politics and the improbabilities---just answer the Q. If he calls and says I want to come back, would you hire him?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this thread is so stupid its beyond me.
-PP first year here, alot of transfers(more 2 come in spring imo) and we lost alot to the pros
-we have 2 qbs that are not bcs quality and a true frosh who needs a year in the weight room and film room
-we have a rb corp that would be in the bottom 25% of bcs teams talent wise
-our wr corp is not a top 50% bcs teams talent wise
-our oline has been a little disapointing, but how good can they be when every team has 15 guys in the box vs us for every play
-our st is ok, not as ood as last year though. i think less time is being spent on this right now becuase the staff is trying to put a capable O on the field at all costs using all practice time possible for it
-our d is sick, its top25 quality. but we have them on the field 2 much with the O stinking for the most part. we havn't got blown out at all and have been in every game.
-we have beat 2 nobodys and lost to 2 bcs teams that are both ok. not top 25 teams but not duds either. just look up noth and be happy for a bit that things are going to be ok over time. give PP 2 years of recruit classes, playbook change and player by in, we will be fine. and please stop with the randy crap, thats behind us now.

Reaction Score
Exit 16 has just summed it up nicely. And just made me depressed--lol

Reaction Score
Good one Noey! So let's say Edsall goes back on the market. Forget the politics and the improbabilities---just answer the Q. If he calls and says I want to come back, would you hire him?
No.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what an honest appraisal of the coaching staff has to do with being in a foxhole. It seems crazy to think it, but this may be a one year administration.

LOL, there is zero, ZERO chance this is a one year coaching staff. Keep trying to convince yourself otherwise, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom