Pasqualoni & timing are huge factors | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni & timing are huge factors

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
How many BCS teams has he added to the fball schedule?

True or false- did the Cincy ad announce stadium expansion and throw out a couple drawings for giggles.

Has warde done the above?

Did uconn win the bid to control the rent and the xl? Why not?

How will the above question effect our future game atmosphere?

When will the marketing department put out a commercial?

How come we don't add temp seats for the md game also?

Why can't we have a team entrance with 3 dogs bustin asz out to the 50 followed by our players? Ala FSU horse or Colorado buffalo.

What makes uconn capable of taking a commit from lemelle academically but not the tight end from Cali from juco?

Why did we brag that our logo was free from Nike? What makes that worth a chest pump? Doesn't it sound cheap when you then present a helmet with middle school art on it?

What is perception? How does this play a role in college sports?

Why did we even pick up the phone when bc called for a bball game?

I'll wait then give you another round of questions.

I'm down with the three dogs idea, but only if they can be trained to run out and take a simultaneous dump on the logo at midfield, in the unlikely event we ever play BS College at Chestnut Hill. That also works for me if we play them up there in BB, men's or women's.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I have a thousand of these. They don't listen. They don't care. That's the feeling I get back and it why I'm waging holy war. And for the record when I email or say something thats not on a message board from my crapy laptop or my phone, I speak real English so that's not the issue.

Don't forget the ubiquitous Hathaway close: "Thank you for your interest in UCONN athletics." (...now, don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!!!...)

May Hathaway contract a disfiguring disease and lose a protruding (only marginally) portion of his anatomy.

Reaction Score
In the 100 moves (maybe less) of Universities upgrading or moving laterally, the INSTANT look at their Bell Cow football or men's basketball team has played a part.

Maybe a 9-3 for both of the last two years would have made a difference.

That's why Jeff Hathaway selecting Pasqualoni in January of 2011 was impactful. I think this was an issue. But, in looking at the ACC or the B1G, we simply weren't pencil'd in using either conferences criteria. A Boise type presence the last two years would have pushed us forward. But ... more telling was the full Tom Jurich rebound from the Kragthorpe years. In my view of the world, there is NO reason (if you look at this like a Stock Arbitrage player) you would take a Syracuse or a Pitt given long term viabilities of our respective markets. If UConn showed (over the last 6 years) the ability to fill Rentschler and reach beyond our core START-UP fanbase, I think we have a clear comparative advantage to those Old-School traditional programs. If the ACC knew Central NY like I know Central NY, you would not bet EVER on going Cuse versus UConn. We are, however, a constant threat to BC.

For all the bitching about Warde Manual, we best hope that the man can use the full toolbox in raising this Athletic Program. My dream is a UConn Football program that we do grow and capture Fairfield County and the greater New England population that is far beyond the reach of the Catholic backstabbers. That ... our Kevin Ollie first year love affair blossoms into the greatest few years of Recruits and then the NCAA March success continues. I believe much of the College world thought we were dying when they saw Calhoun's end approaching. All the good Olympic sports news shows that we are a full Athletic Department. All the Herbst advances (and the parallel legislature support (which you absolutely do not see in NYS or the rest of NE) provides hope that we are on a track for the B1G. But Pasqualoni?

I want this Connecticut guy to succeed. I actually want him to groom a Joe Philbin or Chip Kelly. Open minded 40 year old with a flair for offense. Pasqualoni, I believe, has a better handle on how to recruit and bring higher level kids than Edsall. (Edsall has, in retrospect, a brilliant view on how to develop really raw unseen guys - Beatty, Blidi, Sio, Don Brown) There are many stories in the Conference Realignment world about schools with great potential that won't chin themselves to the next level because of short term poor coaching stints. I think Siena (here in Albany) could easily be Atlantic 10 or much higher (Big East Catholic) if they could sustain a McCaffery for more than 4 years ... there Fanbase could be a Creighton/Xavier. But ... you need a sustained effort WITH a Plan. I'm hoping Warde is the guy rather than dismissing him because of some statement he makes supporting OUR conference or other. We have to believe that we have the assets to rise to be among the top 70 (+/-) College Programs that will be in this elevated world. I don't think the musical chairs game is over.

@Well said, especially about PP's hire!!I remember thinking just how important it was to do it right and waited breathlessly to see who we'd hire!!When it was announced I could hear the whole CFB world laughing in unison even tho I think he's a great character guy and fair recruiter (now)!!I thought...I sure hope CR hold's off till we get a game changer cause PP was definetly NOT THAT! JH should have listened to Burton and I knew just how he felt because at least now PPs just a good old fashioned position coach whose day's as a HC had past!....but make no mistake he'd make an excellent addition as assistant on anyone's staff unlike GDL!

Reaction Score
@Well said, especially about PP's hire!!I remember thinking just how important it was to do it right and waited breathlessly to see who we'd hire!!When it was announced I could hear the whole CFB world laughing in unison even tho I think he's a great character guy and fair recruiter (now)!!I thought...I sure hope CR hold's off till we get a game changer cause PP was definetly NOT THAT! JH should have listened to Burton and I knew just how he felt because at least now PPs just a good old fashioned position coach whose day's as a HC had past!....but make no mistake he'd make an excellent addition as assistant on anyone's staff unlike GDL!
He did whip u guys pretty bad with a walk on qb

Reaction Score
He's SOLID and an asset to any team and in any one game anyone could win"see Lu'ville"!!But would you bank your future on him?I doubt it....not trying to knock PP but his best days are long gone,,sure you'll steal a game you shouldn't but you'll lose game's that way too!!Btw in the game your speaking of we gave it away with silly TO's but I'm not here to make excuse's...we got embaressed lol!I've nothing but respect for UConn!

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer