Paschal Chukwu has committed to Providence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paschal Chukwu has committed to Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i'm not sure but i thought white was not that athletic, i thought people here said he was a very good basketball player. just not as athletic as a abu, or larrier.

He isn't as athletic, more skilled than Abu tho.

Reaction Score
I don't hate PC. I couldn't care less about PC. even less now that were in different conferences. I'm honestly shocked any Uconn fan sees it as a rivalry.

Gotta agree with this. They were more of a nuisance to me. Definitely not a rivalry or a team I hated though.

Reaction Score
I like your perspective on all this. If we whiff on one kid, it's not a big deal. If we whiff on a few in a row, it might feel like there's negative recruiting "momentum", but realistically doesn't impact the chances of getting one of our other targets.

However if we whiff on all of them, it's alarming for both the present (our team won't be as good) and the future (calls into question KO's supposedly excellent recruiting abilities).

We've been through this before with Jamal Sampson, Ike Diogu, Deon Thompson, Brandon Jennings, Mustapha Shakur, etc. Lost out on a lot of our top prospects, only to land Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Kemba Walker.

You only need one.

Reaction Score
I like your perspective on all this. If we whiff on one kid, it's not a big deal. If we whiff on a few in a row, it might feel like there's negative recruiting "momentum", but realistically doesn't impact the chances of getting one of our other targets.

However if we whiff on all of them, it's alarming for both the present (our team won't be as good) and the future (calls into question KO's supposedly excellent recruiting abilities).

It would be a little concerning, but I don't think I'd use the word "alarming" to describe a class consisting of two five star wings in Hamilton and Purvis.

Reaction Score
Who cares anymore. I am developing an even more serious dislike for Pc. If I never see the school mentioned on our UCONN board again I would be fine with that.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He isn't as athletic, more skilled than Abu tho.

I haven't seen video of Paul White as yet. Is he skilled both inside and out? How would you describe his game?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I haven't seen video of Paul White as yet. Is he skilled both inside and out? How would you describe his game?
He's more of an unathletic DeAndre Daniels. Has a good jumper, his inside game is alright. Not the strongest player though. Last time I saw him he wasn't too fast and can't really jump.

Reaction Score

Charlie V. Might have a set of balls, though - seems like it, certainly.

Reaction Score
We went head to head for kris Dunn? Maybe his shoulder bothered him but his numbers are underwhelming

Dunn was a McD's AA. He was injured last summer had surgery but eventually he came in and developed into a defensive force at the end of the season. He didn't really shoot much (needs to develop his jumper) but he will see a significantly increased role this season.

Reaction Score
Dunn was a McD's AA. He was injured last summer had surgery but eventually he came in and developed into a defensive force at the end of the season. He didn't really shoot much (needs to develop his jumper) but he will see a significantly increased role this season.

McD AA?? Where.............you ok?

Reaction Score
Wow had no idea of that and his talent level never was in that category.............my bad!! He can't shoot that's why he didn't shoot much but I agree, he can guard and has great length and size. His offense is way behind though so it will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Wow had no idea of that and his talent level never was in that category.............my bad!! He can't shoot that's why he didn't shoot much but I agree, he can guard and has great length and size. His offense is way behind though so it will be interesting.

From the little he did last year offensively I agree he wasn't a strong shooter, interesting since his scoring in HS was kind of eye popping. The team could use his defensive, ball handling and pg skills and we expect to see him develop further as he gets more of a leadership role and minutes this year. Last year he missed early games and was eased back n..plus the post surgery repaired shoulder probably didn't help his shooting.

Reaction Score
From the little he did last year offensively I agree he wasn't a strong shooter, interesting since his scoring in HS was kind of eye popping. The team could use his defensive, ball handling and pg skills and we expect to see him develop further as he gets more of a leadership role and minutes this year. Last year he missed early games and was eased back n..plus the post surgery repaired shoulder probably didn't help his shooting.

He's a real nice athlete no doubt.......not sure he's a PG from what I saw but it's early. He can guard PG's for sure but I'm not sure of the 1/2 court skills...........but there's a spot for a kid who has his skills.

Reaction Score
Uconn cooled off on Dunn after they signed Calhoun I believe

Reaction Score
Dunn will be fine. He had the injury to deal with; as well as playing out of position without the ball. He's deff not a great outside shooter; more of a slash and dish type. He's had a great summer. I'm very excited to see him run this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom