Paris Olympics Discussion Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Paris Olympics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So what is everyone's thoughts on Breaking?

I liked it but I found myself getting bored in the qualifying round so I ended up turning it off and coming back for the finals where I enjoyed it a lot more. I read where it won't be in the LA Olympics but they're petitioning for it to be in the 2032 Olympics and think it will have a strong chance of making it.
I enjoyed but don't fully understand the whole scoring system behind it. Should it be an Olympic sport? Don't know, but ballroom dancing was also considered if I recall correctly.

I remember golf being considered debatable when was added and some people will be wondering the same with flag football coming to Los Angeles in 2028. Not all sports translate to the Olympics but at least they're giving it a chance.

Reaction Score
This rule has been around in international basketball for a while - and I agree, it is a great rule that should be added to all levels for shooting fouls, but not for over the limit fouls.
Agreed. The player who made the pass should be rewarded for helping to create that opportunity.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Agreed. The player who made the pass should be rewarded for helping to create that opportunity.
@UcMiami

Also agree.
Miami: are you referring to passes to people who are intentionally fouled not counting? If so, I can see that....

Reaction Score
I enjoyed but don't fully understand the whole scoring system behind it. Should it be an Olympic sport? Don't know, but ballroom dancing was also considered if I recall correctly.

I remember golf being considered debatable when was added and some people will be wondering the same with flag football coming to Los Angeles in 2028. Not all sports translate to the Olympics but at least they're giving it a chance.
I like the idea of the host nation putting a dash of their culture into the games by including a sport that is locally revered. I hope this starts a tradition for these "one-off" types of sports that are unique to an Olympics. Flag football fills that gap for 2028 in Los Angeles with US culture.

I agree with you though, Breaking doesn't feel like an Olympic sport.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, the Olympic Gold match is off and running (U.S.A. vs. France). All of the participants are pro's now, but sometimes there's a match-up that goes back through time, Specifically, two college rivals from an intense rivalry are on opposite sides of this match: Gabby Williams of France (UConn) and Jackie Young (ND). Gabby's been all over the place so far (what else is new) and Young is trying to do whatever is needed for her team (ditto). 10-5 U.S. so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom