Parallels to 2011? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Parallels to 2011?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
let's not pretend anyone saw 2011 coming, so we don't have to know who the players are going to be this year to replace the players that stepped up that year:D

anyhow, one can never predict a repeat of a magical run, but I do see similarities in talent, experience and most importantly, preseason expectations

I think this team will exceed the expectations of most, and we'll have an enjoyable season

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
demotivation-doomed.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not very fair to Jalen here and a tough comparison. Kemba as a soph played with a solid team while Jalen was asked to do everything while playing almost 40 minutes a game.

I thought Purvis had to do everything last year? Geez, I can't keep up wiith you guys.

Reaction Score
I will admit ,I did not predict a NC in 2011 but did predict that we would have a very good team.
AZHuskie (my son) asked me what he thought of our chances in 2011 and my reply to him was any UConn team that has one of the top 3 PG ‘s in country can’t help but be successful.
I believe Jalen ,although not Kemba is a terrific PG maybe even top 5 in the country.
The cast around him is extremely athletic and I love our guard depth.
I can’t think of a team as deep in quality off the top of my head.
KW when paired with good guards will be a force of nature. As long as he never puts the ball on the floor our opponents won’t know his limitations.
Everything offensively in basketball revolves around the PG
I hate to criticize any UConn kid especially a good and loyal kid.
but Rodney importance to last years team was emotional and not talent driven.
Of course we need to replace his mental leadership and defensive intensity but he was a great athlete will very limited skills especially on the ball.
The games where Jaylen was hurt or hobbled the team simply came to a halt even against lesser talent. That’s because JA was capable of first beating his man an second finding an open shooter. He made guys like raw freshman CV,RP,and even Jackson much more dangerous . If he can elevate Sophomore CV,TL, Gilbert ,and KW in the same way
This will be a very fun season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom