Palpable buzz | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Palpable buzz

pj

Reaction Score
I'd trade Larrier and a million dollars for Sid + Alterique

Reaction Score
You guys are realllly gonna miss Larrier mid season a lot more than you are right now. It’s like people are putting it off as a small loss, in reality, it’s massive.

haha.

hahaha.

HAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHA!

*is this guy forreal? Larrier, while I'm sure a nice kid, was not a good basketball player by any objective measure. He had one tangible skill: Based on how his confidence was flowing, he could knock down a 3 from time to time. That's literally it.

Reaction Score
You are all underselling this kid.
On a team playing clown ball he was the only kid who brought it 100% of the time, no plays off. He led the team in rebounds because he had the biggest heart and the best motor. He wanted it more. You can't teach that.
Also, he was on a terrible offensive team. His numbers will improve within a better offense, as will others.
He shot .318 from 3. Jalen shot .324. Pretty much the same. Only Larrier did better, shooting a lot of 3s.

I think that CV is going to be a critical part to this team. Moreso than Alterique or any newly added player or transfer. We'll see.
He admitted he brought it for his own stats, not for the team. If he goes 100% all the time, why didn’t he win the summer competition?

Like CV, and think he’s the X-factor, just need to see the maturity.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
You guys are realllly gonna miss Larrier mid season a lot more than you are right now. It’s like people are putting it off as a small loss, in reality, it’s massive.
Yeah, if we want to miss one of the softest players I’ve ever seen play at Uconn.. he had a few good things he did well that we’ll miss early on, but overall we’ll be better off by mid season at that position

Reaction Score
Let’s be fair
We rarely saw Larrier at the top of his game.
He was the teams leading scorer early
2016 before the ACL
We really won’t miss the post ACL Larrier for a couple of reasons
His game was not complimentary to our main guy JA
UConn circumstances didn’t allow him enough working room for his skill set .
He was an absolute defensive liability but that could hav been fear of re-injury related
The games he missed late were the best the UConn offense looked all year.
JA operates best with Catch and Shoot wings who havev no delusion of their creativity like Jackson , RP, and Vital . He averaged 6 assists agame in 2016-17 without a superstar shooter in the lineup and just enough post presents to keep them honest.
This team is going to be good barring key injuries
You have four guards that can get after you. That would will keep you competitive until our shots start falling.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You need to show a sarcasm emoji when you’re like this. I mean you are being sarcastic right?:eek:

Reaction Score
Let’s be fair
We rarely saw Larrier at the top of his game.
He was the teams leading scorer early
2016 before the ACL
We really won’t miss the post ACL Larrier for a couple of reasons
His game was not complimentary to our main guy JA
UConn circumstances didn’t allow him enough working room for his skill set .
He was an absolute defensive liability but that could hav been fear of re-injury related
The games he missed late were the best the UConn offense looked all year.
JA operates best with Catch and Shoot wings who havev no delusion of their creativity like Jackson , RP, and Vital . He averaged 6 assists agame in 2016-17 without a superstar shooter in the lineup and just enough post presents to keep them honest.
This team is going to be good barring key injuries
You have four guards that can get after you. That would will keep you competitive until our shots start falling.
I'm just curious and I've never asked before. Why do you write your posts like this? I find myself reading your posts like a poem. I try to stop myself but can't! :)

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
You need to show a sarcasm emoji when you’re like this. I mean you are being sarcastic right?:eek:
I can’t believe you guys would think our second best offensive player last year leaving wouldn’t hinder the offense at all. Riiight. Idk about you guys, but the wings are the weakest part of the team. Most people say bigs but at least we have semi-proven Carlton. At the wing, there’s literally no one worth staring on an NCAA tournament team. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Leaps by Whaley, Cobb, Josh.
Using Sid & Polley to our advantage.
Strong, heathy, & disciplined CV & AG
Jalen as conference POY.
September is for dreaming. Right?

You nailed it.

Reaction Score
I find it odd how many people over and under value CV. He isn't an elite shooting guard, or a guy who will put up 18 a game for a quality team. He's also not some scrub who won't get off the bench. He has some bad mental habits he needs to change, but effort level isn't one of them. From all indications Hurley laid out the changes he wants to see, and Vital bought in.

I expect him to be a valuable contributor, who, due to our depth at guard, gets less time than he has in the past. I don't expect him to start, although he could on occasion. In 2019-20 I think he has a chance to be the starting SG.

Over Quinones?

Reaction Score
I'm just curious and I've never asked before. Why do you write your posts like this? I find myself reading your posts like a poem. I try to stop myself but can't! :)
I’ve done so many bullet point presentations in my life it destroyed my ability to write a coherent paragraph.
My strength was always in making a written point and supporting that point orally .
I have on occasion broken the mold but it’s a difficult habit to get away from, as I always seem to revert back to that stream of conscience point by point style. After reading that last posts I realized I had done it again much to my disappointment.
I’m actually writing a family history using anecdotal legends and first hand information that I’ve have learned so improvements in my writing would be helpful to anyone who reads it in the future.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what sport you are watching if you really believe that CV will be more critical to the team than a healthy Alterique... CV is a likable guy and a fan favorite for good reasons, but you can generally tell which posters know the game and which posters are just fans of the team by a poster's take on CV...
Wow. I give an opinion and your response is that I "don't know the game."
Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Alterique has played 3 games? I'm happy to be proven wrong, but my money is not on him.

Fair enough but I don’t want to prove you wrong that’s not at all my point. My point is we’re a much better team if Alterique plays the year healthy and to his potential. If Vital shoots 30% from 3 again and gets 15 a game we’re not dancing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Alterique has played 3 games? I'm happy to be proven wrong, but my money is not on him.

He’s fine. Easily will be our second best, if not best, player.

Larrier was a Husky. Had some big games for us. Was never the same after the injury, and lacks the ball handling to play as more than a spot up shooter. Wilson will almost certainly be a better fit for this team.

Reaction Score
Larrier was not my favorite basketball player but I admit he had offensive skills. Of course he looked like he was going to break at any given moment, but yes I think we miss some of that offense. Gilbert if you all remember was looking good before he went down and just starting to play well. If he starts at that level or higher he will be a great player for us. Vital, we were all disappointed after what he showed us before. I hope that’s corrected by Hurley.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that if a buzz was not palpable, it wouldn't be much of a buzz at all.
Kind of like a tree falling in the forest, blah, blah, blah.
If there's no one here to palp the buzz, did it really buzz?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd trade Larrier and a million dollars for Sid + Alterique

I think you mean Shonn Miller and a million dollars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom