Paige Wins her First Awards of the Season... Big East Freshman AND Player of the Year | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paige Wins her First Awards of the Season... Big East Freshman AND Player of the Year

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
But, I will continue to support AEH, as I believe that she was done wrong by "THE GOAT" Mr. A,
The “wrong” Auriemma committed, at least in my view, was a recruiting class of four with significant overlap in position. None of those four are left, but AEH did not know when she was the first one out.

I’m not one who thinks Auriemma gets the best out of any recruit that arrives. His track record is unparalleled, but not perfect. Yet had AEH been in a class of two, or a class of four with greater diversity, both might have found a way to make the less than ideal fit work.

UConn provided no obstacle to AEH transferring and playing for Miss State (unlike Tennessee and Westbrook). And the SH coach was not going to recruit AEH without UConn’s blessing. They gave it, adding that AEH is “a great kid.” That’s not wronging her. Plus AEH was not likely to become a First Team honoree if she were still playing for UConn, so her path had a happy ending.

Reaction Score
Everyone ignore him that way he can argue with himself. How many

Everyone ignore him that way he can argue with himself. How many threads are we going to let it ruin?
It's really a shame.
1st time I have used ignore button. No sense wasting time with people who just want to stir up stuff. Not worth it.

Reaction Score
Someone should remind the mom dad or fan of where the two schools are in any and every poll. Somehow I do not believe it would make a difference. I'll go with the ignore suggested above and follow the lead of my old friend Mark. ;)

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”​

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Everyone ignore him that way he can argue with himself. How many threads are we going to let it ruin?
Unfortunately I can't ignore anyone until UConn is not playing any basketball because of the Prognosticators Predictions. Believe me there are about 5 that I wish I could but can't because I would miss their predictions.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Seriously, you are the only one who keeps bring this stuff up.

Alternatively, perhaps she simply matured and began listening to her coaches and is now reaping her reward. I’m not sure what you have against Geno, but your bias is showing! This is a fairly common thing with young players who excelled in High School and comes in expecting to be the star in College as well. Clearly, I don’t know exactly what happened to make her leave but I don’t doubt at all that she was afforded every chance to be successful at UConn. Sometimes things just don’t work out. However, in spite of your “stirring the pot” insinuations, I’m betting that the overwhelming majority (including Geno) of UConn fans are happy for her and don’t even associate her spot on the first team with some torturous assumption that she somehow kept Liv off the first team.

This is a UCONN fan discussion page not a AEH fan page. Relax, just looked through the thread no one is resentful or wishing any ill will towards AEH. Rather they’re happy for her...and you’re getting worked up for what? Are you her relative or something lol.

@GRIFFBIFF20 I think you would have more fun on a seton hall women's basketball forum.
You guys have to realize @GRIFFBIFF20 is a Griffin fan, an Ossining Fan (which would include Chong and AEH). Not really a UCONN fan. After Griffin graduates, @GRIFFBIFF20 will probably move on too. We just have to put up with him/her? for a couple more years.

You get these kind of fans every so often. They are only here for their pet player(s). And they are usually very biased and very defensive about how their pet player(s) is/are treated.

I'm glad AEH could find a place where she could excel. Good for her.

Reaction Score
A nice little cluster of awards. A nice start for our freshman. Nika has to add some offense to her repetoire and she'll be raking in awards too. Starting on UConn's team is about as fine as it gets for a freshman. Rare as ice cubes in the Mohave.

I don't know. Back in the mid 70's, we managed to find plenty of cold beer at the Ft. Irwin NCO Club!

Reaction Score
You guys have to realize @GRIFFBIFF20 is a Griffin fan, an Ossining Fan (which would include Chong and AEH). Not really a UCONN fan. After Griffin graduates, @GRIFFBIFF20 will probably move on too. We just have to put up with him/her? for a couple more years.

You get these kind of fans every so often. They are only here for their pet player(s). And they are usually very biased and very defensive about how their pet player(s) is/are treated.

What’s a Pet Player?

Reaction Score

You're right @meyers7 . I too am glad AEH found a place to thrive...and said that in an earlier post. Things just didn't work out for her at UCONN...for what ever reason...but clearly not for discussion in this thread intended to celebrate the recognition of the success of the Huskies this year. I asked nicely to please stop...but that was ignored. As Thomas Paine said... "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ;)

Reaction Score

Thank you for your understanding. (PS - I am really a UCONN Fan, and root for every player that has come thru, going back to 1985. Yes, I do have my favorites, such as Stephanie Dolson, Stewy, Bird, and the Ossining Trio, as anyone who comes into and thru the program from New York State). However, I don't subscribe to the feeling by many on here that "GENO IS GOD" (personally, I believe that Geno's coaching style has passed him by with "Today's Players". YES, he has gotten a couple of coup's with Paige and Fudd, but, unless Geno changes his style, I fear that more of what happened with the recruiting class of 2017 will happen again in the future).

Reaction Score
Thank you for your understanding. (PS - I am really a UCONN Fan, and root for every player that has come thru, going back to 1985. Yes, I do have my favorites, such as Stephanie Dolson, Stewy, Bird, and the Ossining Trio, as anyone who comes into and thru the program from New York State). However, I don't subscribe to the feeling by many on here that "GENO IS GOD" (personally, I believe that Geno's coaching style has passed him by with "Today's Players". YES, he has gotten a couple of coup's with Paige and Fudd, but, unless Geno changes his style, I fear that more of what happened with the recruiting class of 2017 will happen again in the future).
I have to disagree with you on this point. HS recruits (attitudes), IMO have changed steadily, starting with the so-called 'dry years' for UCONN recruiting (2016 thru......). One can see this in the way he goes about motivating players, compared to the years past. He admits that he had to. He was twice as hard on his players years ago and it worked. We developed into the (arguably) best program in WCBB because of his style and methods for recruiting. Maybe those 'dry years' was when he realized that he would have to change in order to keep the program as a viable contender for championships. And today, well....................here we are! Who has done it better?

Reaction Score
I have to disagree with you on this point. HS recruits (attitudes), IMO have changed steadily, starting with the so-called 'dry years' for UCONN recruiting (2016 thru......). One can see this in the way he goes about motivating players, compared to the years past. He admits that he had to. He was twice as hard on his players years ago and it worked. We developed into the (arguably) best program in WCBB because of his style and methods for recruiting. Maybe those 'dry years' was when he realized that he would have to change in order to keep the program as a viable contender for championships. And today, well....................here we are! Who has done it better?
Point taken and well respected. I will just wait until the 2022/2023 Season to see where those current freshman, incoming freshman for 2021/2022 season, and this season's sophomores are, at that time, to make any further comment.

Reaction Score
I have 81 people on ignore. The button makes for a wonderful and stress free opportunity to enjoy our team!! At no time have I felt deprived :) Highly recommend it!

Reaction Score
I have 81 people on ignore. The button makes for a wonderful and stress free opportunity to enjoy our team!! At no time have I felt deprived :) Highly recommend it!

That is PRETY SAD, where a member has a need to place 81 Boneyard Members on their IGNORE option, so that they don't have to read potentially opposing viewpoints. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having an "Open Forum" such as the UCONN Women's Basketball Boneyard Site? (unless, freedom to express one's opinions, regardless if it 'Conflicts' with another person's feelings and beliefs, is not what is being encouraged on this site?). REMEMBER, we can all AGREE TO DISAGREE (and respect each others opposing opinions), but to IGNORE another person's opinion, will ultimately get to a point on this site, that the ONLY posts that anyone will read is THERE OWN (and that is SAD)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What’s a Pet Player?
The player the person likes. They don't care so much for the team, they are only interested in the player. For instance if the player did very well in a game, but the team lost, they would still be very happy.

Reaction Score
That is PRETY SAD, where a member has a need to place 81 Boneyard Members on their IGNORE option, so that they don't have to read potentially opposing viewpoints. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having an "Open Forum" such as the UCONN Women's Basketball Boneyard Site? (unless, freedom to express one's opinions, regardless if it 'Conflicts' with another person's feelings and beliefs, is not what is being encouraged on this site?). REMEMBER, we can all AGREE TO DISAGREE (and respect each others opposing opinions), but to IGNORE another person's opinion, will ultimately get to a point on this site, that the ONLY posts that anyone will read is THERE OWN (and that is SAD)
Ummm... you know @Lurker can’t see what you wrote, right?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm inclined not to believe you.

Like when you told us Griffin was going to be our leading scorer. I didn't believe you. You're just not someone I put much faith in what they post.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have to agree. I've never put anyone on "Ignore". Been a couple posters I usually ignore, but you just never know when they might post something interesting. (Which could just mean funny, silly or ridiculous).

I'm sure there are a few posters who have me on "Ignore". Doesn't bother me, I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea. Their loss.

But to put 81 posters on "Ignore"??? What's the point of even being on the BY at that point???

Reaction Score
Go back to 2017 and look at the BASHING that has taken place during that season (when she announced that she was transferring out of UCONN) and subsequent years when she was playing at Mississippi State. I sat back and watched the bashing happen. Now, when she has become successful, those individuals don't want to come on here and say that gee maybe I was wrong about her.
This does sound really personal. Since no one knows your personal reasons or real identity to be posting somewhat vengeful posts, I do think there's suspicion that you're not truly a UCONN fan, especially if you feel Geno wronged someone who you have absolutely no intel on or what truly transpired. Jingo said it best, Geno did everything in his power to give AEH a chance to play somewhere else, just not at UCONN.

Like when you told us Griffin was going to be our leading scorer. I didn't believe you. You're just not someone I put much faith in what they post.
Agreed.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

meyers7, I believe that wasn't @GRIFFBIFF20, it was the poster that ALWAYS ends his statements with "eh" like a Canadian would do. Their handle currently escapes me at the moment, but I don't think it was GRIFFBIFF20.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
meyers7, I believe that wasn't @GRIFFBIFF20, it was the poster that ALWAYS ends his statements with "eh" like a Canadian would do. Their handle currently escapes me at the moment, but I don't think it was GRIFFBIFF20.
You know, I think you're right. Doh.

I do get them confused sometimes. I need to pay better attention to what I'm reading.

Reaction Score

Of course you have the right to your opinion, no matter what, to which I respect

Reaction Score
You know, I think you're right. Doh.

I do get them confused sometimes. I need to pay better attention to what I'm reading.

@MSGRET is correct. Not sure of his handle, but I remember saying the Megan Walker may have something to say about that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom