Paige Wins her First Awards of the Season... Big East Freshman AND Player of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Wins her First Awards of the Season... Big East Freshman AND Player of the Year

Reaction Score
No argument from me W/ the 3 SH players on 1st team all Big East; Correa and Hunter have the numbers and are most deserving. Park-Lane, beside getting the Best Name award is most impressive. She’s like 5’3” and just destroys defenders. Olivia just didn’t show up enough. Imagine if Park-Lane was 6’5”!
She would have to change her name to Park-Boulevard...:p

Reaction Score
Thanks, it’s spelled correctly!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think a pretty reasonable set of awards. Liv and Edwards both got individual awards so I wouldn't worry about them. And while I love Nika as a starter, I don't think she should be surprised to miss out on the Freshman Team - good competition out there for all the individual spots.

We tend to look at record and discount individual players on teams we smash, but there are a lot of individual stars on bad teams and conference awards are a time to recognize them.

Reaction Score
I would like to congratulate Andra Espinoza-Hunter for making Big East first team. But there are three Seton Hall players, but Edwards doesn't make the ten-person first team? Huh?
Odd! While they do like to spread such award around but it can be painful for individual players. We know what we got and it's great! Edwards has more incentive, as if she needed it, the before!

Reaction Score
A nice little cluster of awards. A nice start for our freshman. Nika has to add some offense to her repetoire and she'll be raking in awards too. Starting on UConn's team is about as fine as it gets for a freshman. Rare as ice cubes in the Mohave.

Uh, here's ice by my home in the Mojave from earlier this winter...
Ice Puddle.jpg

Reaction Score
It looks like Seton Hall (3) had more players on the Big East First Team than UConn (2). Interesting

YEP, and I am sure that it BURNS many "Boneyarders" that AEH made 1st Team Big East over ONO (wonder what Geno has to say about AEH making 1st Team All Big East ??)

Reaction Score
Seriously, you are the only one who keeps bring this stuff up.

Yep. Because it was said by a certain UCONN Coach, that she was not coachable (whether she would not listen to Geno OR Geno got frustrated with AEH, or a "Combination of Both", or if there were other circumstances involved, BOTTOM LINE, it ended up not being successful recruit for UCONN, where as the player ended up being 1st Team All Big East. Just pointing out that GENO is far from being the ALMIGHTY as it relates to getting the best out of a player. Where as the Seton Hall Coach was able to. (despite "Many" [not all] Boneyarders, bashing AEH ever since she left UCONN)

Reaction Score
Yep. Because it was said by a certain UCONN Coach, that she was not coachable (whether she would not listen to Geno OR Geno got frustrated with AEH, or a "Combination of Both", or if there were other circumstances involved, BOTTOM LINE, it ended up not being successful recruit for UCONN, where as the player ended up being 1st Team All Big East. Just pointing out that GENO is far from being the ALMIGHTY as it relates to getting the best out of a player. Where as the Seton Hall Coach was able to. (despite "Many" [not all] Boneyarders, bashing AEH ever since she left UCONN)
Remembering back to one of the UCONN WBB videos where we met AEH's class... when she was on camera in the lobby of Werth Center (if I recall correctly), she was slumping against a wall, looking very "down"...and unhappy with her choice. She said something about the intensity of the program "being real"...and so on... I could tell then that it was not going to work out very well for her at UCONN. Fast Forward a few years...PERHAPS She has grown, matured, learned what it takes to compete at D1 College level... She is NOT the same person she was when she arrived and struggled at UCONN... Props to her for making herself a better and stronger player.

This is supposed to be a HAPPY Thread...Congratulating the UCONN Coach and Team for the recognition they have received... NOT another AEH discussion! Let's not ruin the positives for our Team. :rolleyes::confused::eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
YEP, and I am sure that it BURNS many "Boneyarders" that AEH made 1st Team Big East over ONO (wonder what Geno has to say about AEH making 1st Team All Big East ??)
My guess is that he is happy for her. As for your contention that Boneyarders are somehow vindictive and petty enough to resent a former recruit’s success, I’m not seeing it. I think most are happy for her and as for the ONO connection, AEH did not somehow “take” Liv’s spot, she earned it with her play.

Reaction Score
She worked her way down to the level of competition where she could star

Reaction Score
No Evina Westbrook, so sad. Like what Paige said, EW is the MVPof the team, their do-everything person.

Reaction Score
I am happy that AEH seems to have matured and don’t wish to disparage any player making the first team. But statistics are overrated. It’s about winning. I’d be happier with a player from DePaul or Marquette with less impressive stats being recognized. In reality UCONN’s starting 5 + AE should be recognized as the best 6 players in the league. Not everyone can be the high scorer. They all contribute to the wins though.

Reaction Score
She worked her way down to the level of competition where she could star
So the Big East level of competition is "LOW"??? (I guess then UCONN better leave the BIG East for a better more competitive conference. Oh wait, they just re-joined the Big East because they thought that the level of competition in the Big East was better than the American) :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My guess is that he is happy for her. As for your contention that Boneyarders are somehow vindictive and petty enough to resent a former recruit’s success, I’m not seeing it. I think most are happy for her and as for the ONO connection, AEH did not somehow “take” Liv’s spot, she earned it with her play.
Go back to 2017 and look at the BASHING that has taken place during that season (when she announced that she was transferring out of UCONN) and subsequent years when she was playing at Mississippi State. I sat back and watched the bashing happen. Now, when she has become successful, those individuals don't want to come on here and say that gee maybe I was wrong about her.

Reaction Score
Alternatively, perhaps she simply matured and began listening to her coaches and is now reaping her reward. I’m not sure what you have against Geno, but your bias is showing! This is a fairly common thing with young players who excelled in High School and comes in expecting to be the star in College as well. Clearly, I don’t know exactly what happened to make her leave but I don’t doubt at all that she was afforded every chance to be successful at UConn. Sometimes things just don’t work out. However, in spite of your “stirring the pot” insinuations, I’m betting that the overwhelming majority (including Geno) of UConn fans are happy for her and don’t even associate her spot on the first team with some torturous assumption that she somehow kept Liv off the first team.

Reaction Score
Alternatively, perhaps she simply matured and began listening to her coaches and is now reaping her reward. I’m not sure what you have against Geno, but your bias is showing! This is a fairly common thing with young players who excelled in High School and comes in expecting to be the star in College as well. Clearly, I don’t know exactly what happened to make her leave but I don’t doubt at all that she was afforded every chance to be successful at UConn. Sometimes things just don’t work out. However, in spite of your “stirring the pot” insinuations, I’m betting that the overwhelming majority (including Geno) of UConn fans are happy for her and don’t even associate her spot on the first team with some torturous assumption that she somehow kept Liv off the first team.
I would certainly hope that the BY'res wouldn't assume that !!

Reaction Score
Go back to 2017 and look at the BASHING that has taken place during that season (when she announced that she was transferring out of UCONN) and subsequent years when she was playing at Mississippi State. I sat back and watched the bashing happen. Now, when she has become successful, those individuals don't want to come on here and say that gee maybe I was wrong about her.
I wasn’t a basher back then, but I wasn’t a fan. And I don’t think I was the least bit wrong. She "became successful" by migrating to successively less challenging situations, until the water level was lowered to the level she could perform at. She is great Seton Hall material.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wasn’t a basher back then, but I wasn’t a fan. And I don’t think was the least bit wrong. She "became successful" by migrating to successively less challenging situations, until the water level was lowered to the level she could perform at. She is great Seton Hall material.

So, I guess, based upon your statement, that UCONN Women's Basketball plays in "Low Tide" ??? (essentially saying that UCONN playing in the same league as DePaul, Villanova, Marquette, and Seton Hall is playing at an equally lower water level) ?? Just asking

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom