Paige Wins her First Awards of the Season... Big East Freshman AND Player of the Year | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Paige Wins her First Awards of the Season... Big East Freshman AND Player of the Year

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You know, I think you're right. Doh.

I do get them confused sometimes. I need to pay better attention to what I'm reading.
Age gets all my friend, I can't remember "eh's" handle and it is driving me crazy. He is also a Ossising die hard and if I remember he said that he had coached girls basketball. EDIT: @ABCDEF just gave the handle it's Jingo.

Reaction Score
This does sound really personal. Since no one knows your personal reasons or real identity to be posting somewhat vengeful posts, I do think there's suspicion that you're not truly a UCONN fan, especially if you feel Geno wronged someone who you have absolutely no intel on or what truly transpired. Jingo said it best, Geno did everything in his power to give AEH a chance to play somewhere else, just not at UCONN.

Agreed.

You certainly have the right to your opinion, which I respect and honor (But I will stand by my comments regarding what Geno said back in 2017 about AHE, that was captured on video, that was very quickly taken down).

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I'm inclined not to believe you.

Like when you told us Griffin was going to be our leading scorer. I didn't believe you. You're just not someone I put much faith in what they post.
As others pointed out, that was @Jingo . I actually made the mistake of thinking he was the reincarnation of other Ossining fans with a changing handle. I no longer think that is true, @Jingo has other roots and I apologize for the false accusation I once made. Despite having a fan’s enthusiasm for certain players, I think he is usually practical in his assessments.

One of the previous handles had “chong” in it and was always critical of how Chong was used and Nurse being favored over her (which proves very misguided in retrospect, but that’s the nature of fans). I suspected “chong” was a reincarnation of ”hoopdreams,” who seemed to have Ossining roots and was very critical of Auriemma and the program. Fwiw, I don’t think @GRIFFBIFF20 is a reincarnation of those posters either, though I would not rule it out.

Reaction Score
I have to disagree with you on this point. HS recruits (attitudes), IMO have changed steadily, starting with the so-called 'dry years' for UCONN recruiting (2016 thru......). One can see this in the way he goes about motivating players, compared to the years past. He admits that he had to. He was twice as hard on his players years ago and it worked. We developed into the (arguably) best program in WCBB because of his style and methods for recruiting. Maybe those 'dry years' was when he realized that he would have to change in order to keep the program as a viable contender for championships. And today, well....................here we are! Who has done it better?
There have been hundreds and hundreds of young women who have gone through the UCONN WBB program since 1985 when Geno and CD arrived at UCONN. Together they have achieved a tremendous level of success in the game...perhaps the most dominant program in NCAA WBB...for a very large part of the last 35 years. Let's face it, UCONN WBB has different expectations for their players...what they can wear when representing the team, no visible tatoos when representing the team, no name on the back of the jersey (because the Name on the Front is the only thing that matters), etc... All intent on melding a TEAM First Focus...that is greater than the sum of it's parts. During Geno's & CD's time, the vast majority of players who entered the program as Freshmen were recognized at center court on their Senior Night 4 years later. BUT...as with every sport at every college in the country (D3 through D1), not all players stay for 4 years. Why?? Who knows, the reasons are as varied as the personalities of the players and coaches... whether it's for family/personal reasons, injuries, playing time, difference of opinion, style, etc. Some who were "the Star" at their High School don't have the same level of success in College Sports, especially D1...whether it's at UCONN or some where else. The game is different, faster, more challenging, more competitive. They find their team mates and opposing players are bigger, faster, stronger, "meaner"... and different coaches have different styles and expectations. And... sometimes it just doesn't work out.
As I stated many posts ago, this Thread was intended to be a celebration of our 2020-21 Huskies and the Big East Conference recognitions they received. Nothing more, nothing less...

Reaction Score
As others pointed out, that was @Jingo . I actually made the mistake of thinking he was the reincarnation of other Ossining fans with a changing handle. I no longer think that is true, @Jingo has other roots and I apologize for the false accusation I once made. Despite having a fan’s enthusiasm for certain players, I think he is usually practical in his assessments.

One of the previous handles had “chong” in it and was always critical of how Chong was used and Nurse being favored over her (which proves very misguided in retrospect, but that’s the nature of fans). I suspected “chong” was a reincarnation of ”hoopdreams,” who seemed to have Ossining roots and was very critical of Auriemma and the program. Fwiw, I don’t think @GRIFFBIFF20 is a reincarnation of those posters either, though I would not rule it out.

I was a huge Saniya Chong supporter, but have no clue who else might have come on here when she was playing at UCONN. I know that there are allot of Ossining High School supporters who are members of the UCONN WBB Boneyard as well as "Other Well Known and Respected" UCONN Women's Basketball Forums and Sites, who go on and post regularly in support their OHS Alumni as well as UCONN WBB.

Reaction Score

Yeah Jingo here ... from what I saw in high school, Aubrey has the goods, and now, just not the confidence, eh? altho she doesn't get the minutes, she is [basically] the only one holding herself back...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Age gets all my friend, I can't remember "eh's" handle and it is driving me crazy. He is also a Ossising die hard and if I remember he said that he had coached girls basketball. EDIT: @ABCDEF just gave the handle it's Jingo.
Yea, my real problem is I'm not that old.....yet. :eek::(

And yea, it's Jingo, eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom