Paige warming to Geno already | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige warming to Geno already

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You can already tell Paige will be one of the all-time great Huskies.
I would say she will round out Mt. Rushmore nicely. Dee, Maya, Stewie and Paige. IMHO when she's finished her 4 years at UCONN, there really won't be any disagreement as to who the all time top 4 greats are. We will need to expand Mt. Rushmore to 5 or 6!! :D

Reaction Score
I've read a couple of times that the team released practice footage. WHERE IS IT!! I don't care if it's 10 minutes of a layup line at this point. :mad::mad::confused:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I've read a couple of times that the team released practice footage. WHERE IS IT!! I don't care if it's 10 minutes of a layup line at this point. :mad::mad::confused:
Go to the first practice thread.

Reaction Score
This is why I love Geno so much. Never loses his sardonic sense of humor. Like every other All-American to spend a few years in Storrs, methinks Bueckers will need to prove it, repeatedly, in games that count, before Geno will start singing her praises unreservedly. As it should be.
Maybe we’ll hear some “we have Paige and you don’t” quotes from Geno before Paige’s college career is done :D

Reaction Score
I would say she will round out Mt. Rushmore nicely. Dee, Maya, Stewie and Paige. IMHO when she's finished her 4 years at UCONN, there really won't be any disagreement as to who the all time top 4 greats are. We will need to expand Mt. Rushmore to 5 or 6!! :D
I'd take Bird over Paige any day.

Reaction Score
I agree. I wouldn't waste any minutes for an impact player on the bench. Different teams and coaches but Ionescu never sat much as a freshman. This level of talent doesn't come around that often to not use it.

When I read this I thought of Horston at Tenn and Brunelle at N Dame. Both were heavily used early last season and looked great but they both got very worn down later in the season. Bueckers benefits from a shorter season but the pounding of college ball takes a lot out of freshmen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought it was just me.

Did not notice. Blinded by how good Geno looks. Love the turtleneck / sweatshirt combination and clean shaven. :D:D

Reaction Score
Did not notice. Blinded by how good Geno looks. Love the turtleneck / sweatshirt combination and clean shaven. :D:D
I'm really not relating to all these sweatshirt/sweater/jacket pics, since I live in Phoenix and it's still 100 here. But, anyway, I think Geno's "turtleneck" is a mask pulled down around his neck, no?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

The nice thing about that is we know it's coming, and get to watch it unfold and enjoy it game by game for the next 4 years. I agree on expanding UConn's Mount Rushmore. Four players are not enough. There's nothing/no one to say we can't do it. It's OUR Mount Rushmore. We can select as many slots or places on it we want to.

The original Mount only has 4 because the sculptor, Gutzon Borglum wanted that way. We want more. How about 10? :) A lot of deserving former UConn greats would be left out with only 4 spaces available, and 3 of them already taken. Your 3 not mine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The nice thing about that is we know it's coming, and get to watch it unfold and enjoy it game by game for the next 4 years. I agree on expanding UConn's Mount Rushmore. Four players are not enough. There's nothing/no one to say we can't do it. It's OUR Mount Rushmore. We can select as many slots or places on it we want to. How about 10? :)

If you want more than four busts on it, I suggest you call the mountain something other than Rushmore.:rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm really not relating to all these sweatshirt/sweater/jacket pics, since I live in Phoenix and it's still 100 here. But, anyway, I think Geno's "turtleneck" is a mask pulled down around his neck, no?
Even better

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If you want more than four busts on it, I suggest you call the mountain something other than Rushmore.:rolleyes:

If "Mount Rushmore" won't work, then we can ask the Boneyard to get on it, and come up with a definitive name for it by the end of the season. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The nice thing about that is we know it's coming, and get to watch it
The original Mount only has 4 because the sculptor, Gutzon Borglum wanted that way. We want more. How about 10? :) A lot of deserving former UConn greats would be left out with only 4 spaces available, and 3 of them already taken. Your 3 not mine.
I think that's called the Wall of Honor. To me the fun/challenge of deciding who gets to be on Mt. Rushmore is the exclusivity & requirement to force rank them. For instance, if Azzi comes here and ends up being the next "GOAT", then you have ONE space for Paige or Azzi (assuming we think they're better than Sue and Rebecca). If it's both Paige AND Azzi, then one of them has to be better than DT, Maya or Stewie and one of those has to go.

OTOH the Wall of Honor will accommodate as many AA's as we have players who can earn AA. Nowadays it seems like everybody is called the GOAT so we have more than one GOAT. What?? By definition there can only be one GOAT. And by definition you can't really have a "generational" player every year like we seem to have now. And, similarly, by definition (IMO) there can only be 4 heads on Mt. Rushmore.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree. I wouldn't waste any minutes for an impact player on the bench. Different teams and coaches but Ionescu never sat much as a freshman. This level of talent doesn't come around that often to not use it.
On the other hand dumping high expectations on a 18-year-old can be counterproductive. It’s better to ease her in and increase her minutes and responsibilities over time.

Reaction Score
On the other hand dumping high expectations on a 18-year-old can be counterproductive. It’s better to ease her in and increase her minutes and responsibilities over time.
Some can handle it and some can’t. Ionescu didn’t have any problem averaging 31 minutes a game as a freshman and 38 in the post season. And IMO, Bueckers is every bit as good as Ionescu coming out of HS. So I’d take my chances with her, I believe she has what it takes between the ears.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some can handle it and some can’t. Ionescu didn’t have any problem averaging 31 minutes a game as a freshman and 38 in the post season. And IMO, Bueckers is every bit as good as Ionescu coming out of HS. So I’d take my chances with her, I believe she has what it takes between the ears.
How many natties did Sabrina win again?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom