Paige vs Caitlin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige vs Caitlin

Reaction Score
Iowa's defense is ranked 236 in D1 women's basketball. It will be very hard for them to slow us down.
Even though Iowa has some good players, Clark being #1, Czinano, Marshall, Warnock...they are about to have their worst nightmare going up against our size and speed.
Scouting tip: Overplay Clark to her right, let her take the 25 footers, she always drives to the hoop in the open court so hold your position.

Reaction Score
I just think people are underselling Liv. Anytime we face someone with a decent post, the narrative seems to be Liv isn’t going to do well. I thought last night playing against Cuse she proved herself. Iowa’s big is definitely physical and not to be underestimated but I think Liv will be fine with her. Kentucky kind of let her get passes inside, if Liv fronts her (like last night) it’ll be fine. Even if the girl gets a decent pass I think Liv’s size will bother her enough. I agree though I think one of them will get into foul trouble and hopefully it’s not Liv.
I agree w/your assessment of Liv here. It took the first quarter to figure out how they were going to handle Cardoso. After that Cardoso was no longer a factor. That being said it will be very important for Liv to make the bulk of her shots down low and not miss as many chippies as she did against High Point.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I thought UConn players were banned from social media during the season? It seems that Geno and CD have relented.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I thought UConn players were banned from social media during the season? It seems that Geno and CD have relented.

Just Twitter -- and kids don't really use Twitter anymore.

Recruits use it because coaches still do, but it's not a place where many share anything but major announcements.

Reaction Score
This is Bird (Indiana State) vs. Magic (Michigan State) title game all over again! Ratings on Saturday night will be through the roof, surpassing the 1979 classic.
I hope you are joking.
Because .... no.

Reaction Score
Marshall averages 1.8 3 PT/game. That is nothing really to worry about, she has a good % but clearly doesn’t take enough to really be worrisome.

Reaction Score
I just think people are underselling Liv. Anytime we face someone with a decent post, the narrative seems to be Liv isn’t going to do well. I thought last night playing against Cuse she proved herself. Iowa’s big is definitely physical and not to be underestimated but I think Liv will be fine with her. Kentucky kind of let her get passes inside, if Liv fronts her (like last night) it’ll be fine. Even if the girl gets a decent pass I think Liv’s size will bother her enough. I agree though I think one of them will get into foul trouble and hopefully it’s not Liv.
I'm a big ONO supporter, I expect her to be an All American candidate next season but historically she's disappeared at times in big games against big posts but certainly played well last night.........Czinano torched Maryland in their loss recently........she was an unstoppable force..........ONO has to front her so she doesn't get the ball down low because this player really knows how to convert from underneath and draws plenty of fouls too............

Reaction Score
Note: Lisa Bluder is no slouch. I haven’t looked at my coaching win list, but I think she’s the only one with a legit shot at getting to 1000 wins in the next 1-2 decades.

Reaction Score
not sure if anybody has brought up that there is another Iowa player that has played with and battled against Paige Bueckers for years and that's Lauren Jensen...........I remember she played PB to a standoff in one high school game either last year or the year before..........I believe she finished right behind PB for Minnesota Player of the Year...........has only played about seven minutes a game for Iowa so far this season.....

Reaction Score
UConn-Iowa is gonna be FUN BASKETBALL TO WATCH!!! How could anyone not be excited or talking about it?!? Jeez, we have too great young women who are AA as freshman, and who also happen to be really good people (Caitlin is from Iowa where Kiah's dad (Stokes) said everyone is "Nice" - I've been there and agree. And Caitlin rejected ND because it didn't feel right - have to LOVE her, right!?!?). And those two young women happen to like each other and have achieved great things for USA BB together, but are now gonna compete against each other. There are so many intriguing questions about who is going to guard who and how and who will ultimately prevail. Anyone remember what it was like to watch AAC games -zzzzz? This kind of game is what it is all about - gets the adrenalin flowing - deserves hype IMO. It's UConn against Iowa with great individual matchups and players to watch within team play. Get the popcorn and a comfortable seat and ENJOY it.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
espn.jpg

Thought this was a really interesting stat brought up by Landers at half time of the Wright State/Mo State game.

They're both so good and SO DIFFERENT.

Reaction Score
and maybe reinforces that we got the right freshman superstar for our UConn system.
??????
Agreed. I think Caitlin can shine so bright because of the system she’s allowed to play in. Paige could be a high volume shooter and likely match Caitlin’s numbers, that’s not our system. Looks like they both chose the right places to shine brightest, excellent players.

Reaction Score
To different player roles for their team. Paige's is to get everybody involved and Catlin is to shoot first then get other involved. UConn wins this one big. Both are AA's and great players. Let's stop comparing them. This is a team game and UConn has the better team.
“Yes let’s not make this a competition.
But oh by the way Clark is a selfish score-first person.”

lol

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My own personal view

Caitlin is like a super intense action movie
Paige is like a beautifully orchestrated classical concert.

But each in their own way can take on the characteristics of the other

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom