Paige video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige video

Reaction Score
Amari has survived the injury bug, moving up the depth chart with each injury to a big. Does she share that intensity? Can she rise to the challenge?

Reaction Score
Amari has survived the injury bug, moving up the depth chart with each injury to a big. Does she share that intensity? Can she rise to the challenge?
We all hope so. She has shown that she has some rim protection in her arsenal and her ability to score down low. She needs an intensity lesson from Ms Muhl.

Reaction Score

She did not survive the injury bug. She had back surgery after the season ended. They probably put off her surgery so the team would have enough players.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’ve got a feeling that UConn is going to be more fun than usual to watch and follow this year. We’ve got some players on the roster set to explode and have a “monster” year. As former NFL linebacker Bart Scott says........can’t wait. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Recent Azzi footage

Azzi’s “catch & shoot” is reminiscent of Diana Taurasi’s. Dee has a “smooth” catch & shoot stroke that’s deadly coming off a screen. :cool:

Reaction Score
May be kind of a random comp, but I always felt Paige was the best prospect at point guard since Sabrina Ionescu (only like 4 yrs apart in age. I also realize Caitlin Clark has also entered the chat). I think the comp has been made B4 actually on this board. Watching Sabrina today, her ability to shoot with limited space and coming off screens is insane. She also finished a great deal inside today and mentioned wanting to use her size against smaller guards. ESPN lists Sabrina at 5'11 165. I think Paige is 5'11 but maybe even slightly taller. I doubt she's 165. But Sabrina plays with an aggressive scorers mindset. I wonder if Paige becomes more like that this year.

Reaction Score
I’ve got a feeling that UConn is going to be more fun than usual to watch and follow this year. We’ve got some players on the roster set to explode and have a “monster” year. As former NFL linebacker Bart Scott says........can’t wait. :cool:
As always, I agree with you. We have the team that if it remains injury free and with all the players on board for the next 4 years, could threaten Uconn's 111 game win streak. Before all the naysayers get on board, my mantra is "it's possible" and until it isn't, that is what I will post very day. Also, "it's possible" NC's No 12,13,14. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
She's Azzi-matic!
Her shot looks really smooth. Unfortunately, there is a big difference between shooting in a shooting drill when you are not rushed and when someone is actually guarding you and trying to prevent you from shooting.

Carnac

Reaction Score
As always, I agree with you. We have the team that if it remains injury free and with all the players on board for the next 4 years, could threaten Uconn's 111 game win streak. Before all the naysayers get on board, my mantra is "it's possible" and until it isn't, that is what I will post very day. Also, "it's possible" NC's No 12,13,14. GO HUSKIES!!!!
I like your mantra. Let's do #12 first. I can't put my finger on it, but my "seer sense" tells me this team is special, and not one, but several of our core players are going to have a breakout season. DEFENSE will be key, and the order of the day in all of our games because this team will not have any problem scoring points. I'd like to see the team establish a goal of not allowing more than 59 ppg (14 pts a quarter). I see Azzi, Paige, and Aaliyah getting whatever they want any time they want. Nika and Paige will be handing out dimes like they're making change for a dollar.

All 3 can create their own shot. I'll be shocked......as shocked as Captain Renault (Casablanca) was to learn there was gambling going on in Rick's cafe ;) if this team does not average in the high 80s to low 90s (approx 22.5 pts per quarter) all year. There may be a game or two they don't crack 80, but that's when they put the defensive hammer down on their opponent. With 13 healthy players available to do his bidding, Geno can keep fresh legs on the court at all times.....especially in the last 10 minutes of the game. :D This team is going to be fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ESPN lists Sabrina at 5'11 165. I think Paige is 5'11 but maybe even slightly taller.
Sabrina looks a little shorter than 5'11" to me. But I'm a terrible judge of such things. And Paige looks a little taller than 5'11". The UConn website now lists her at 6'0" and Nika at 5'11". These things are so hard to judge unless you're in the arena in person because camera angles can distort relative heights and distances. For example, Iowa lists Gabby Marshall at 5'9" and UColo lists Jaylyn Sherrod at 5'7", but in their game last season, it looked like Sherrod was at least an inch or two taller than Marshall.

Reaction Score
May be kind of a random comp, but I always felt Paige was the best prospect at point guard since Sabrina Ionescu (only like 4 yrs apart in age. I also realize Caitlin Clark has also entered the chat). I think the comp has been made B4 actually on this board. Watching Sabrina today, her ability to shoot with limited space and coming off screens is insane. She also finished a great deal inside today and mentioned wanting to use her size against smaller guards. ESPN lists Sabrina at 5'11 165. I think Paige is 5'11 but maybe even slightly taller. I doubt she's 165. But Sabrina plays with an aggressive scorers mindset. I wonder if Paige becomes more like that this year.

Bueckers is a playmaker. Unlike Ionescu she has Fudd.

Reaction Score
Azzi's, 3 point shooting clinics are a must see. With that said, I wonder how much she works on other aspects of her game. I would like to see the videos where she is doing drills for when her opponent is running her off the 3 point line. The drills that show her being creative and not so one dimensional. Felt she was a lot better in her sophomore year compared to her freshman year getting to the midrange and occasionally getting to the rim for layups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom