Paige video | The Boneyard

Paige video

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She's so good it's scary.
She is scary. She’s matured, and more experienced than she was as a freshman. We remember the year she had back then. She’s the leader and face of this team. She’s hungry and determined.

She came to UConn to win a championship. She wants to check that box before she leaves. It's been 7 years since UConn won its last championship. It’s time.

Reaction Score
Wow. They are back I can't wait. I think Paige is going to take over Lou's spot in the offense and in the beginning of the year when Azzi was Azzi we were beating everyone.
I think Ice will be a better outside shooter and finisher than Dorka. The question is how good is her defense and rebounding.
Aubrey will better on her pull ups and 3 point shots.
Caroline as we all know can be a scorer when healthy.
Nika, hopefully is working on a pull up attacking the rim and her 3 pointer. Maybe she needs to work on her intensity a little bit. Ha Ha
Amari, Ines, Ayanna can get healthy and show improvements.
Freshmen we will wait and see.
The summer doldrums are here again.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
She's so good it's scary.
Funny, I have been watching Azzi play for years and know how quickly she gets her shot off but never looked closely at her release before. To me her motion doesn't look that much different than many other good players, but what I noticed in this video was how much power and speed come from her wrists in getting her shot off. I'm no expert, if any other that is more knowledgeable would comment I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Funny, I have been watching Azzi play for years and know how quickly she gets her shot off but never looked closely at her release before. To me her motion doesn't look that much different than many other good players, but what I noticed in this video was how much power and speed come from her wrists in getting her shot off. I'm no expert, if any other that is more knowledgeable would comment I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Good observation, balance, legs, and wrist are all factors in a good release. However, another factor that can get overlooked is hand placement. Pretty much all of the best shooters, Fudd and Bueckers included, have the ball come off their index and middle fingers. That is what gives the ball straight rotation as opposed to getting side spin by letting the ball come off the ring and little fingers or getting a knuckleball by letting the palm get involved.

Reaction Score
Good observation, balance, legs, and wrist are all factors in a good release. However, another factor that can get overlooked is hand placement. Pretty much all of the best shooters, Fudd and Bueckers included, have the ball come off their index and middle fingers. That is what gives the ball straight rotation as opposed to getting side spin by letting the ball come off the ring and little fingers or getting a knuckleball by letting the palm get involved.
Also, great shooters tend to have really strong hands. Look at the size of Azzi’s hands next time you get a chance.

Reaction Score
I think the Azzi vid may be a bit old. I think I saw it on YouTube last summer.

As for Paige, she's sneaky tall. Doesn't get the badge of a 'big guard' but she is 5 11 and long. Vid was cool to see.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just to retreat to the dialogue of a year or so ago, to make some people more comfortable: Azzi is a much better shooter. Of course I'm kidding AND we have the unbelieveable luxury of not having to chose.

Reaction Score
I think the Azzi vid may be a bit old. I think I saw it on YouTube last summer.

As for Paige, she's sneaky tall. Doesn't get the badge of a 'big guard' but she is 5 11 and long. Vid was cool to see.

Paige claims she’s 6’0” now.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Also, great shooters tend to have really strong hands. Look at the size of Azzi’s hands next time you get a chance.
NBA legends with very large hands..... Michael Jordan, Connie Hawkins, Julius Erving and Kobe Bryant just to name a few. Victor Wembanyama has humongous sized hands.....but he's 7'31/2".

1690513234287.png

This is a regulation major league baseball Victor is holding. :eek:

JBK

Reaction Score
Wow. They are back I can't wait. I think Paige is going to take over Lou's spot in the offense and in the beginning of the year when Azzi was Azzi we were beating everyone.
I think Ice will be a better outside shooter and finisher than Dorka. The question is how good is her defense and rebounding.
Nika, hopefully is working on a pull up attacking the rim and her 3 pointer. Maybe she needs to work on her intensity a little bit. Ha Ha
We will get over the 7 year drought with the ball in Paige’s hand.
She is our Caitlin Clark !!!

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom