Paige Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Update

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
In order:
1 - I hope (and am confidant) that all concerned take an appropriately conservative approach with long-term considerations in mind.
2 - I hope to see her fueling a tournament run this year.
3. I'm not qualified to have an opinion on what "should" happen, which is good because I also don't have a vote.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It seems like a tightrope to get her 100% ready but as Geno said, Paige knows her body. But this story does seem to have all the threads of a miraculous ending with Paige leading UConn to #12 in her home state. Just so UConn.

Reaction Score
The movie about this season's challenges and successes is being written. The part about Paige returning is a work in progress... but her cape is being fitted...
wonder woman block GIF by DC Comics

Reaction Score
I know we’re talking Paige here, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they keep Caroline and liv on the bench for a few more games in order to be sure they’re ready for the BE Tournament

Reaction Score
she is definitely done for the regular season, prob the big east tournament and that's fine, yesterday's game prove there is no need to rush someone.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I know we’re talking Paige here, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they keep Caroline and liv on the bench for a few more games in order to be sure they’re ready for the BE Tournament
Not too sure about keeping Caroline on the bench. With her issue being recurring headaches, I would hope that once she goes a couple of days without another one, then she will rejoin the team practices and be available to play in the next game. I assume that she won't be available for tomorrow's game, but hopefully next Friday at Xavier. (Fingers crossed.)
As for Liv, groin injuries are treated by lots of rest, so they will probably keep her on the bench until the BE tournament, except for a brief Senior Game appearance, only if she has recovered tho.

Reaction Score
its gone from 8 weeks to “I think she will play this season “. IMO she won’t be back this season and its for the best. Obviously hope I am wrong.
Just a "point of order"... the 8 weeks was recovery from the surgery...NOT to being on the court. We are in the next phase of her recovery...getting her to work the leg, get back to playing shape and gain confidence that it is healed and won't let her down.

Reaction Score
Just a "point of order"... the 8 weeks was recovery from the surgery...NOT to being on the court. We are in the next phase of her recovery...getting her to work the leg, get back to playing shape and gain confidence that it is healed and won't let her down.
Go slow make sure physical does not get mental, Paige needs to feel comfortable before game pressure affects her confidence. Hope she starts slow and finishes strong.

Reaction Score
Go slow make sure physical does not get mental, Paige needs to feel comfortable before game pressure affects her confidence. Hope she starts slow and finishes strong.
I thought I said that... "paige gains confidence... ":confused:

Reaction Score
Geno said that about Aubrey
Agree @HuskyNan , Geno has been very careful in what he has said regarding Paige. Stuff like recovery from surgery is 8 weeks... and we will see where it goes after that.

I am confident all involved will be cautious about pushing the situation.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lots of optimism from Geno

The last couple of days have given us a greater window into what "on schedule" means for Paige. Listening to Geno makes it plain that the last one to give Paige clearance is Paige. That is what she is telling him. This I like very much.

Reaction Score
an example I want to use is Kevin Durant, they rushed him back game 5 of finals when most ppl knew he was not ready. What happened? He got hurt and this was way worse than previous injury, missed the following season.

Reaction Score
Not too sure about keeping Caroline on the bench. With her issue being recurring headaches, I would hope that once she goes a couple of days without another one, then she will rejoin the team practices and be available to play in the next game. I assume that she won't be available for tomorrow's game, but hopefully next Friday at Xavier. (Fingers crossed.)
As for Liv, groin injuries are treated by lots of rest, so they will probably keep her on the bench until the BE tournament, except for a brief Senior Game appearance, only if she has recovered tho.

So it's OK for her groin to participate in 3 hr practices but games are too risky?

You generally don't play unless you can practice. If you want her to rest the injury then she has to stop practicing and just sit until March?

Reaction Score
The last couple of days have given us a greater window into what "on schedule" means for Paige. Listening to Geno makes it plain that the last one to give Paige clearance is Paige. That is what she is telling him. This I like very much.
According to GENO, Paige and only Paige will say when she is ready to play. She won't let a doctor release her if she doesn't feel ready. So ask Paige!
Me too, I want Paige or her parents give their blessing before she plays. It is her future, her life to fix or ruin (obviously with medical input).

Reaction Score
A 110 percent ready Paige NEXT YEAR, in the long term is better than an 85 percent Paige NOW. I can handle the wait? In life, expectations often are better than the fact.

Reaction Score
They will do what they need to do. They certainly did not rush Nika, nor did they rush Azzi. And they will deal the same way with Caroline, Liv and Paige. Relax, sit back and enjoy.
no they didn't rush them back but they sure are playing a whole lot of minutes right now out of necessity.......not really ideal, especially in Azzi's case since a stress reaction is an overuse injury.........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom